Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Help Request 2

Options
  • 22-07-2014 10:58am
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

Can anyone find any record of a Mary Davin marrying a 'Lonergan' in the Cahir/Clogheen area ?

Thinks that I know :

I know that she had 2 children with him before he died and she remarried. I have her second marriage cert which dates from June 1883. She is listed as being 32 years old (so approx DoB of 1851). She is listed as being born in 1851 on her death cert.

I expanded the search to all of Ireland but wasn't able to find a match.

I don't know anything about the chap that she married besides his surname nor do I know the names of the 2 kids but I suspect that one died in the US, unmarried, by the name of Bea.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,302 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Searching Family Search for baptisms to Lonergan and Davin I found this.

Then there's a Laurence Lonergan marriage in the indexes with an Ellen Devane on the same page.

Any good?

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Oh, that looks good. Mary's father's name was Andrew which matches one of the 3 children in that link.

The marriage looks to be a little far away but is worth looking at, thanks !

It's the only Laurence Lonergan in the indexes for that time period so hopefully it checks out.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Hermy wrote: »
    It's the only Laurence Lonergan in the indexes for that time period so hopefully it checks out.

Unfortunately it's not him.

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/FGZG-Z3J

The very, very strange thing is that I'm looking up something for a friend but the "William Grady" in the marriage cert you found (father of the bride) is in fact my g-g grandfather :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭Wyldwood

Ponster, on Ancestry there is a marriage for Laurence Lonergan in Clogheen 1868 Vol 4 pg 732 FHL film no. 101045. Unfortunately it doesn't show the page with the possible spouses

• Advertisement

Not seeing that on Wyldwood. Do you have a link for it?

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭Wyldwood

Sorry, sorry, sorry! It was a birth record. No more late night searching for me

• Registered Users Posts: 1 annclare

Spouse's Name: Catherine Grady
    Event Date: 21 May 1868
    Event Place: Cashel, Tipp, Ireland
    Father's Name: William' Lonergan
    Spouse's Father's Name: William Grady
    Marital Status: Single
    Marriage details for that Laurence Lonergan marriage Cashel - Not a match unfortunately.

annclare wrote: »
    Marriage details for that Laurence Lonergan marriage Cashel - Not a match unfortunately.

Months later but thanks for the info and welcome to Boards.ie :)

Advertisement