Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Samsung galaxy note 4

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 665 ✭✭✭philthrill69

leemaree wrote: »
    They didn't say when it was coming out?
    October

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I only started watching near the end of the Note edge presentation. When is the Note 4 release date and how much?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

She's hot as fúck. Great legs and everything. Love her voice and I hate brittish accents.
    That's Rachel Riley from Countdown and she is spectacular! Now queue the hysteria.

Attractive ? Yes.

Good at presenting phone or witty comments ? Nope.

Insulted the crowed and fellow presenters to many times to count.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭ChopShop

So RAM is confirmed as 3GB? ...I may have missed something.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 665 ✭✭✭philthrill69

beno619 wrote: »
    Attractive ? Yes.

Good at presenting phone or witty comments ? Nope.

Insulted the crowed and fellow presenters to many times to count.
    "Too"
    Anyway back to the phone. I honestly don't see any reason to upgrade from my Note 3.
    The lack of dust proofing and water proofing is the biggest let down.
    Most improvements will be available to the note 3 in a firmware upgrade.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Any where you can watch the show again I missed most of it.

wernstrom! wrote: »
    So RAM is confirmed as 3GB? ...I may have missed something.

Yep, still a 32bit processor so 4gb of RAM would literally have been useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

The edge looks cool, but I'm struggling to see any advantage over the flat panel display. If I decide to go for it I think I'll stick to the flat panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭ghogie91

what are the major changes between the note 3 and 4?

Slightly bigger battery and a bit of metal...

I'd imagine the edge would be a goner at the first drop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

I like it but the loudspeaker placement in itself is enough to completely turn me off the phone. Loudspeaker placement on the back of phones needs to disappear

• Registered Users Posts: 5,399 ✭✭✭droidman123

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Casshern88

Wait So are all note 4s going to be the edge model or is that a separate model? It doesn't appeal to me with the edge at all

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

Seperate model.
    The note edge looks awful, Wouldnt have been too bad with both sides chamfered, but just the one :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭ChopShop

Am I Evil? wrote: »
    Seperate model.
    The note edge looks awful, Wouldnt have been too bad with both sides chamfered, but just the one :rolleyes:

Edge 2, two beveled edges.
    Edge 3, three beveled edges
    Edge 4, four beveled edges :rolleyes:

Seperate model.

Where would you wrest your hand when holding it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,254 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Underwhelmed.

Release date of October strikes me as late - why the long lead-in time?

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭pinkstars

When is it being released in Ireland?

The more I think of it unless the reviews are outstanding the upcoming iPhone phablet is becoming more and more appealing. So too the Moto/Nexus one.

Release date is October - Samsung are usually available in Ireland the same time as everywhere else. The Edge is going to be later.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭pah

I like it but the loudspeaker placement in itself is enough to completely turn me off the phone. Loudspeaker placement on the back of phones needs to disappear

THIS, won't be changing from the note 3 for this reason alone :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

What's the best tablet to go along with the Samsung Note 3? Or one of the best tablets around?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,399 ✭✭✭droidman123

pinkstars wrote: »
    What's the best tablet to go along with the Samsung Note 3? Or one of the best tablets around?

if you can wait until October, the rumours are that there is a new nexus tablet due out then.if all the rumours are true about the specs, I think it will be a beast at a fair price and will be running android L.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,664 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

So just watching the presentation here now...

Coincidentally I just picked up my as-new Note 3 today so been playing with that this evening (it's been a while since I had an Android phone) but from what I'm seeing here...

- There's nothing "must have" about the new model :( Most if not all of the software upgrades will be ported to the 3 - either officially or by 3rd party ROMs

- The Edge does nothing for me.. ditto the watch or VR thing

- Audience reaction seems pretty lacklustre as well

- God this blonde one is annoying!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,913 ✭✭✭G1032

markad1 wrote: »
    I'll be in no hurry to part with my note 3

Thinking of getting one of these soon. Is there any of that infamous Samsung lag with the Note 3? I've owned each of the Galaxy S 1,2 and 3 and all have suffered lag, with or without custom ROM.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

G1032 wrote: »
    Thinking of getting one of these soon. Is there any of that infamous Samsung lag with the Note 3? I've owned each of the Galaxy S 1,2 and 3 and all have suffered lag, with or without custom ROM.

No lag whatsoever on my Note 3 running stock rom. It is light years ahead of an s3 in terms of spec and performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭markad1

I enabled developer mode and set all the animations to 0. It made the phone feel faster. It was already fast but now its faster:D

I thought the Note 3 was quite laggy tbh, but it was better than the S5 which is a stuttering joke at times.

So who is eager to purchase?

So who is eager to purchase?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Hachiko

I got a exynos octacore Galaxy S4 from Asia last year, I am going to get the Note 4, does the EU model have the Exynos chipset?

Advertisement