Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Advice Needed For 24 hour Charity Event - Details Inside

• 20-02-2014 2:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone,

I have an idea for raising money for a charity which is won't name in case it's breaking advertising rules. My problem is that I have literally no idea of any permits or paperwork I need for it.

This is the base plan. I am aiming to spend 24 hours locked in a see through box in a car park in Ballina, Co. Mayo in June/July. I want to collect money via a collection box during the event and also run a PayPal in the run up to it. What is need help with is as follows:

What permits will I need?
    Will I need health services (Order of Malta)?
    Where can I get security personnel?
    Do it need to contact the town or county councils?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Gambler

Hi everyone,

I have an idea for raising money for a charity which is won't name in case it's breaking advertising rules. My problem is that I have literally no idea of any permits or paperwork I need for it.

This is the base plan. I am aiming to spend 24 hours locked in a see through box in a car park in Ballina, Co. Mayo in June/July. I want to collect money via a collection box during the event and also run a PayPal in the run up to it. What is need help with is as follows:

What permits will I need?
    Will I need health services (Order of Malta)?
    Where can I get security personnel?
    Do it need to contact the town or county councils?
    Hmmm To be honest I don't know what you'd legally need because it's a very different event.

Off the top of my head I'd think you'd need (or at least want) insurance for the event and the insurance company would be the best ones to advise you in terms of security/health personnel that they'd require you to have before they'd provide cover. (I would say that personally I'd choose to have some sort of security presence because the last thing I'd want is some drunken prats thinking it'd be great fun to piss on the box in the middle of the night..)

You don't say if you'd be fasting or not but you'd also want to think about necessities like water if it's a hot day and "facilities" for dealing the any "waste" you might create ;)

In terms of permits again I would ring the county council and they can fill you in on what you need permits wise (and actually the charity should have a good idea of the requirements permit wise too - they might even have permits in place allowing them to do street collections etc.)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

I thought of having these surrounding the box a metre out and security folk outside them again. Prevent any "showers".

I will be fasting for the 24 hours but there will be 1 litre of water inside for me to drink. As for the "waste", 1's will be taken care by a condom catheter but 2's will be a problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

I will be fasting for the 24 hours but there will be 1 litre of water inside for me to drink. As for the "waste", 1's will be taken care by a condom catheter but 2's will be a problem.

This is madness. You're putting your health at risk. No reputable charity would have their name associated with this.

Advertisement