Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First PC build, quick question

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Your motherboard and CPU are different socket types. Motherboard is 1150 for fourth gen intel CPUs and the CPU you have picked is previous gen 1155 socket.

Komplett have four i5s which would suit that motherboard.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Scavage

bucks73 wrote: »
    Your motherboard and CPU are different socket types. Motherboard is 1150 for fourth gen intel CPUs and the CPU you have picked is previous gen 1155 socket.

Komplett have four i5s which would suit that motherboard.

Thanks, I didnt notice that! Would this be suitable Intel Core i5-4430 - 3.0GHz - Socket 1150?

Can I ask for learning sake, what is the difference between the one I had originally picked and the 1150 one? Is it simply just the socket? will it still work with rest of components?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Yeah that CPU will work perfectly.

The 1155 CPU would work fine with the other components once its used with a motherboard that has a 1155 socket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Scavage wrote: »

Can I ask for learning sake, what is the difference between the one I had originally picked and the 1150 one? Is it simply just the socket? will it still work with rest of components?

The processors that fit the newer 1150 slot are slightly faster by about 10%.

The memory you picked is for a laptop so won't fit a desktop motherboard.

This is what you want.
    http://www.komplett.ie/komplett/product/zkb_01com/20179329/corsair_valueselect_4gb__pc3_12800__dimm/details.aspx

The PSU is fine but you don't need 600 watts so could save money by going for the 500 watt. Even 500w would allow room from future upgrades.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

You should fill this in if you would like some suggestions for what parts might suit you best.

1. What is your budget? [€xxx]

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? [Gaming/Video editing/3D Modelling/HTPC/Internet] (If gaming include which games)

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? [Yes/No]

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? [Hard drive/DVD Drive/Case/PSU/etc.] (If possible state brand and model of the parts to ensure compatibility)

5. Do you need a monitor? [Yes/No]

5a. If yes, what size do you need. [19'/20'/22'/24'/etc.]

5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future? [1920x1080/1440x900/etc.] [Yes/No]

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? [Keyboard/Mouse/Wireless Card/Card Reader/Speakers/etc.]

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? [Yes/No]

8. How can you pay? [Bank Transfer/Credit Card/Laser]

9. When are you purchasing? [In x days]

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? [South Dublin City/Cork City/Kerry/etc.]

• Advertisement

tuxy wrote: »
    The processors that fit the newer 1150 slot are slightly faster by about 10%.

The memory you picked is for a laptop so won't fit a desktop motherboard.

This is what you want.
    http://www.komplett.ie/komplett/product/zkb_01com/20179329/corsair_valueselect_4gb__pc3_12800__dimm/details.aspx

The PSU is fine but you don't need 600 watts so could save money by going for the 500 watt. Even 500w would allow room from future upgrades.

Ok thanks! :)
    So would I be better off with this combination: ASUS H87M-PLUS - Socket 1150 - Micro ATX + Intel Core i5-4430 - 3.0GHz - Socket 1150,

or would this be sufficient: ASRock H77M - Socket 1155 - Micro-ATX + Intel Core i5-3350P - 3.1GHz - Socket 1155 ?

1. What is your budget? [€800/€900]

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? [Programming in dreamweaver & netbeans, Sims 3 would be most powerful game I'll play think]

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? [getting windows 8]

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? [DVD Drive, not sure of model)

5. Do you need a monitor? [No]

5a. If yes, what size do you need. [19'/20'/22'/24'/etc.]

5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future?

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? Nope

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? [Probably not]

8. How can you pay? [Bank Transfer/Credit Card/Laser]

9. When are you purchasing? [Next few weeks]

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? Dont need help :)

• Registered Users Posts: 37 jonno208

I would recomend buying off hardwareversand.de they are cheaper, have a better selection of parts and ship to Ireland. The postage cost to Ireland is arround €20 where komplett is 10 but you still save arround €40 on your build when buying from versand which would allow you put that money into somthing else like a better case or a 7950.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

It's hard to justify spending more than this.

Even this is a bit much for your requirements. Do you need the 2tb of storage? A single large ssd might be better.

Item|Price
    AMD FX-6300 Prozessor, Boxed, Sockel AM3+|€101.96
    2 x 4GB G.Skill PC3-10667U CL9|€56.68
    MS Windows 8 64bit (SB-Version) Englisch|€84.65
    MSI 760GA-P43 (FX), Sockel AM3+, ATX, PCIe|€50.07
    XFX RADEON 7790 CORE 1075M 1GB|€122.34
    Corsair Builder Serie CX430 V3 Non-Modular 80+ Bronze, 430 Watt|€40.58
    Samsung SSD 840 250GB SATA 6Gb/s|€140.79
    Cooltek Antiphon Black, ohne Netzteil|€63.00
    Shipping|€18.99
    Total|€679.06

Advertisement