Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Neighbourhood Watch Merged Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭exador

have they alarm and was it on ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭zef

Hi, yes, they have an alarm. I didn't ask was it on.
    They also have double glazing and they have never been robbed in the 16 yrs i'm living here, but robbed twice this year!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,557 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Well, it's not just our perceptions - Dublin 15 does have a serious problem with burglaries. In fact, according to research, Blanchardstown has the second highest rate of burglaries in all of Ireland, behind Tallaght.

Link:
    http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/frontpage/2012/0820/1224322499710.html

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

But there are huge differences in the number of houses in each of these areas. D15 is huge, so I would expect a higher number of burglaries.

I'd be more interested in seeing figures for the number of burglaries per 1000 households in each area, or similar.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,007 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Agree with the crazy rabbit, per capita reporting would make much more sense. They've done that when mentioning Rathfarmham, but no mention of whether they've done it for the aforementioned areas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭Turbulent Bill

Gaspode wrote: »
    Agree with the crazy rabbit, per capita reporting would make much more sense. They've done that when mentioning Rathfarmham, but no mention of whether they've done it for the aforementioned areas.

Ditto, it's actually lazy reporting on the IT's part as the populations covered per station are so different. I think all the reported figures (including Rathfarnham's) are absolute rather than per-capita, so there's little that can be drawn from it. Hopefully someone will process these further and provide a per-capita analysis.

The IT has an interactive table on all the figures.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

havent posted in here in a while,
    Noticed a red Nordie reg van coming into our cul d sac and stopping, he tried the 2 corner houses, no other houses and when another neighbour confronted him he was looking for scap metal ect.

He didnt try any others, the 2 corner houses back onto a green and are easy to jump over the walls to rob

I rang the guards who said they knew the van and they will knock around for a chat.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭stratowide

I'm not from the area myself but was in dunnes in Ongar yesterday evening with my gf who lives locally.After coming back to the car,some scumbag had stolen the 2 number plates off it.
    Guards in Blanchardstown says it happening regularly.Apparently they use them for going through the M50 toll.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,834 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Saddened to read that another young man lost his life last night after a stabbing in Castlecurragh Vale. Together with all the trouble in Fortlawn recently it is making these places seem like no-go areas, which is terrible for the decent, honest people I know from both areas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Arciphel wrote: »
    Saddened to read that another young man lost his life last night after a stabbing in Castlecurragh Vale. Together with all the trouble in Fortlawn recently it is making these places seem like no-go areas, which is terrible for the decent, honest people I know from both areas.

I'd hardly say Castlecurragh is a 'no go' area. Sad as it is and without knowing the facts, last night's stabbing was probably an isolated incident that could happen anywhere.

I've live there for 9 years now and while we get the usual anti social behaviour and car break ins etc I've never felt unsafe at night walking around there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,834 ✭✭✭Arciphel

No Jack that is exactly what I mean, people who don't know the area and the people who live there, and only see this kind of stuff in the news, might assume (wrongly) that it is a very unsafe area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

On the 1pm news there was an interview with a local who did not sell the area very well, killing in this estate, one in the next estate, one out on the main road, sounded very bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭horse7

dmm82 wrote: »
    I dont think so, all the cards and photos in my purse were poured out but there was no money in it thank god
    Did you have an alarm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭ronan45

Arciphel wrote: »
    No Jack that is exactly what I mean, people who don't know the area and the people who live there, and only see this kind of stuff in the news, might assume (wrongly) that it is a very unsafe area.

Ive been to the small shopping area at the cross roads there. Plenty of Hooded lads going around... Put it this way i wouldnt feel comfortable leaving my car there too long lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭Turbulent Bill

ronan45 wrote: »
    Ive been to the small shopping area at the cross roads there. Plenty of Hooded lads going around... Put it this way i wouldnt feel comfortable leaving my car there too long lol

There's a world of difference between that area where Spar is (which is effectively Ladyswell/Dromheath) and Castlecurragh Vale.

As a resident of the Vale (near where this incident happened) I'd echo what Jack said, there has been minor anti-social behaviour but nothing significant before this, and it's better than the estates beside it. If anything I'd say the estate has improved recently due to residents' efforts (grass cutting, cleaning, Garda patrols etc.).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭robertxxx

A Girl on my road in got broke into this week, it was the second time in 1 year!

<Snip> random racist rubbish removed</Snip>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

robertxxx wrote: »
    A Girl on my road in got broke into this week, it was the second time in 1 year!

I can understand the anger but a bit harsh on what to do with them.

We often compare our new Irish as the same as the Irish in other countries, sending the money home, working illegally, but if the Irish are found in America they are sent back and no way to get back in, not so with these guy's in Ireland.

If AGS know this they must have someone in mind, so act on it and when found guilty sent home.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭RTT

My neighbour had his BMW reg plates stolen from outside his house this morning in the Roselawn area. The culprit was caught on camera (woman in her 30s-40s) at 7.50am. I've heard of people using them for the m50 toll plaza. He didn't realise they were missing until he came out of the gym later in the afternoon! Just be on your guard.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭vicM

Yesterday on the clonsilla road a number of car break ins, " around the Allendale apartments
    Also heard a few alarms (house) going off as early as 10.30! :-(

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Some daytime breakins recently in Blackwood.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Whereabouts is Blackwood KoolKid?

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭vicM

RTT wrote: »
    My neighbour had his BMW reg plates stolen from outside his house this morning in the Roselawn area. The culprit was caught on camera (woman in her 30s-40s) at 7.50am. I've heard of people using them for the m50 toll plaza. He didn't realise they were missing until he came out of the gym later in the afternoon! Just be on your guard.

Funny, was passing the clonsilla station few weeks back and saw a 3series with no plates..rang blanch gardi as I had a feeling the car was stolen, never occurrd to me it could've been just the plates

• Registered Users Posts: 7,380 ✭✭✭fletch

Omackeral wrote: »
    Whereabouts is Blackwood KoolKid?
    Very end of Ongar http://goo.gl/maps/jXFFd

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Dub XV

The night before last my van window was smashed but nothing taken. Littlepace area.

Also same night more than one house in Castaheany broken into.

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭johnwest288

Dub XV wrote: »
    The night before last my van window was smashed but nothing taken. Littlepace area.

Also same night more than one house in Castaheany broken into.

Sorry to hear that , driveway or roadway?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭lubo_moravcik

A man woke in his house in Castlefield last week with a man standing over his bed, hood up and hammer in hand and coolly asked for keys to the car (a souped up VW Golf).

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Dub XV

Sorry to hear that , driveway or roadway?

Roadway.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Snazzy_Chazzy

A man woke in his house in Castlefield last week with a man standing over his bed, hood up and hammer in hand and coolly asked for keys to the car (a souped up VW Golf).

And you know this how:eek:? I hope your not telling tall tales!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭lubo_moravcik

And you know this how:eek:? I hope your not telling tall tales!:p
    Friend of a work mate lives next door to them. Said house alarm was going off, and the man was more afraid by how calm the robber was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

No offence, but I've heard stories like this loads, but never from the horses mouth. It's always a friend of a friends neighbour.

Advertisement