Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Football / Soccer Tips Thread v2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,237 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Kettering go away to top of the league Wrexham the weekend, players havent been turning up to training, they've lost one of they're better players during the week and fans have to organize transport for them to get to the game,

should be a rout, no prices up yet, if anyone spots any post em up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Sorry we must have been watching different games. The Wigan I saw were absolutely terrible, specifically because they wouldn't hit a barn door and were brutal going forward

Wigan were playing against one of the most expensively assembled clubs in the world and still managed 46 % possession and 5 shots at goal.
    QPR were playing a football league 1 side and looked awful. The should not have won that game imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,839 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Kettering go away to top of the league Wrexham the weekend, players havent been turning up to training, they've lost one of they're better players during the week and fans have to organize transport for them to get to the game,

should be a rout, no prices up yet, if anyone spots any post em up

Do you know what is the story with Darlington, TB? I know they were saved but what about the team it self?

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭kerosene

Patsy fyre wrote: »
    Wigan were playing against one of the most expensively assembled clubs in the world and still managed 46 % possession and 5 shots at goal.
    QPR were playing a football league 1 side and looked awful. The should not have won that game imo.
    I have qpr backed at 2/1 to be relegated, a win for wigan would be a huge help for my bet and I wouldnt be surprised to see it.

Headshot wrote: »
    Do you know what is the story with Darlington, TB? I know they were saved but what about the team it self?

I dont actually, The lads on the Kett's forum were none to happy that Darlington were getting exposure on skysports news, and not a sniff of Kettering all season!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭TheJackAttack

Patsy fyre wrote: »

I would argue they are missing the spine of their team and have an off-form striker(I know Dzeko scored however he was average). City were there for the taking, I thought the only motivated player Wigan had was Moses.

You're right, QPR are not much better.

I'd go for QPR DNB

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

yesno1234 wrote: »
    Panaitolikos v OFI Crete

Both teams to score - NO (8/11 PP)

This is an absolutely huge price for two teams that don't score many and don't let in many either. In Panaitolikos's last 5 matches this bet has come in 4/5 times, while in OFI's last 5 matches this has come in 5/5 times. That 8/11 is huge and in reality it should be 4/7 or even 1/2 so take this price as it will not be there come kick off. I'd recommend a large bet on this.

Panaitolikos 1 - 3 OFI

Bit naive of me goin big on a cup match. Bet was gone by half time.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Trying to get back to winning ways this week by doing this:
    €5 acca

Celtic 1/3
    Rangers 1/3
    Bayern Munich 8/13
    Barcelona 2/7
    Cowdenbeath 10/11
    Southampton 10/11
    Ac Milan 2/5
    Borussia Dortmund 4/5

Prices from paddypower

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

messing with the soccer stats tracker again.
    Liverpool AWAY RECORD – 10 games, 5 wins, 4 losses, 1 draw.
    BOLTON HOME RECORD – 10games, 1 win, 1 draw, 8 loses (Worst home rec. in league)
    Liverpool excellent recent results against Bolton. Won all of last 10 meetings, stretching back to the beginning of 06/07 season.
    Bolton in total have lost 15 games in League this season. Of these defeats they’ve also been losing at HT in 9/15 (60%). So when they lose games which I think they will against Lpool 60% of the time they are also losing at half time. Liverpool to be winning at half time/Full time 11/8. Also carling cup midweek, Kenny will want game put to bed early.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭RJunior

Arsenal (+1.0) 1/2
    Draw (1.0) 16/5
    Man Utd (-1.0) 4/1

Anyone think there's any value in United here? (And I'm not basing this on the 8-2 thrashing in Old Trafford last August!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

Peterbrough look a good bet on saturday, 5 Brighton players taken in by the police this morning on suspiscion of sexual assault plus the fact they were brought to penalties against wrexham in the cup last night they should be wrecked..there evens at home cant see it lasting long

seanhynes wrote: »
    Peterbrough look a good bet on saturday, 5 Brighton players taken in by the police this morning on suspiscion of sexual assault plus the fact they were brought to penalties against wrexham in the cup last night they should be wrecked..there evens at home cant see it lasting long

Nice one, you taking the straight win?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

In all Of Blackburns away games in the league this season both teams have scored. Both teams to score is 5/6, I'll be having that aswell

Nice one, you taking the straight win?

yip straight win,when i get funds tomorrow i'll put a few quid on them,looks a good choice

gone for a draw in the Argentina match @ 2/1

Hopefully the draws continue

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

Portadown v Donegal Celtic

Both teams to score - YES 4/6

Basically both teams aren't in great form and both teams are struggling to keep clean sheets. It's 7 game's since Portadown's last home clean sheet, 4 since Donegal Celtic's last away clean sheet. Neither team is struggling to score either, this bet has come in 6/6 in Portadowns last 6 home and 4/6 in Donegal's last 6 away. Definately worth a medium stake.

Fortuna Koln v Bochum II

Fortuna Koln last 5 home: W W D W D

Bochum last 5 away: W L L L D

Fortuna Koln (4th) have been impressive at home this year (5-3-1) and they will be looking for a win to try and keep in touch with the top 3. Bochum (15th) have been beaten comprehensively any time they've played teams at the top of the league and have been poor away from home all season (2-1-5) I can't see anything but a Fortuna win tomorrow. The -1 Asian Handicap is just way to big to pass up and a medium stake is worthwhile on this.

Fortuna Koln (-1 Asian Handicap) (7/4 Bet365)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

gone for a draw in the Argentina match @ 2/1

Hopefully the draws continue

They have all definitely ended up draws? 0-0 or what type? Can't find any stats.

Loads of games for tomorrow! hopefully pay for the weekend.

Borussia V Bayern, over 2.5 goals @ 7/10

Doesn't need much justifying, teams are only really back from the winter break, shouldnt stop Bayern scoring a few though, hopefully both defenses will have a holiday hangover, Bayern last 16 games, only 2 went under 3 goals. Strength 10/10

Gaizenstespor V Mersin, Gaizenstespor win @ 13/10

already posted earlier, thats a cracking price for the home side, Mersin in terrible form losing their last 4 games, they're just an awful club in general, rotten to the core, the sooner they're thrown out of the super league the better. Strength 8/10

Antalyaspor V Besiktas, Besiktas win @ 6/5

I can't see any other result here than a Besiktas win, as one of few morale teams left in Turkey, they should continue they're good form here and go in to within 4 points of Galatasary at the top of the league, only thing slightly worrying me is they're away from home. great price too. Strength 6/10

Vitesse V NEC, over 2.5 goals @ 4/5

We've all seen the ridiculous scorelines in the Eredivise, this game should be hopefully no different, both teams should be raring to go after the break. the 4/5 looks a absolute savage price for this league. Strength 8/10

Sabre V PSG, over 3.5 goals @ 11/10

PSG are so shocking this season I was very tempted to get on Sabre +3 @ 4/7, but I feel theres a bit more value in the over 3.5, Surely Ancelotti will have them attack and kill off the minnows as early as possible to prevent any upset and the crowd reacting, Sabre have a good scoring record all season, but concede just as much, so thats all good news for us. Strength 8/10

Sampdoria V Livorno, Livorno Draw No Bet @ 11/4

And as always, I try find a game where the bookies may have priced up incorrectly, Sampdoria are on an awful run of form, Livorno are fairing not much better but if they turn up on the day, they could have Sampdoria, Head to head slightly favours Livorno and a that price its gonna be worth a small bet Strength 5/10

ninja edit : sneaky fiver also on the accum @ 120/1

They have all definitely ended up draws? 0-0 or what type? Can't find any stats.

http://www.futbol24.com/national/Argentina/Torneo-de-Verano/2012/Copa-de-Oro/

All draws

Its bound to change some time so ya never know

• Advertisement

Cheers.

0-0 is 13/2
    1-1 is 11/2
    2-2 is 20/1

Just checked there, the one match that ended 1-1 was 0-0 at HT.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

I don't know what inforfun thinks of this but FC Eindhoven look overpriced to me at 11/5 to win at Willem. 11/8 Draw no Bet also.

Eindhoven are well able to grind out away wins and have only lost 1 of the last 7 away games.

It's both sides 2nd game back since the winter break so the form book goes out the window a little bit. Eindhoven are 2nd and Willem 7th.

I'd probably wait and see if inforfun has any information but it looks a good bet to me, especially the DNB.

Dont like betting on the Championship but I really like the West ham -1 Ah 2.000 against Nottingham Forest

Really tempting

I don't know what inforfun thinks of this but FC Eindhoven look overpriced to me at 11/5 to win at Willem. 11/8 Draw no Bet also.

Eindhoven are well able to grind out away wins and have only lost 1 of the last 7 away games.

It's both sides 2nd game back since the winter break so the form book goes out the window a little bit. Eindhoven are 2nd and Willem 7th.

I'd probably wait and see if inforfun has any information but it looks a good bet to me, especially the DNB.

Ya i would fancy FC Eindhoven here, Willem II are absolutely woeful defensively,watched a bit of their game Monday night conceded three shockers in the 1st half hour.. Eindhoven as u said are good at grinding out results away and are fairly mean at the back..draw no bet worth a punt definitely.
    FC Zwolle had their 1st defeat in a long time on Monday away to Rotterdam,fancy them to get back to winning ways at home to Almere City

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Football Friend

That is the draw cup

Every game so far has been a draw iirc.

Its dodgy betting on a cup that isnt taken serious at all, its worse than the Community shield
    Hi, anyone have any opinions on the River Plate against Racing Club tonight?

Tough to find information but from what I gather the league isnt starting until Feb so this is a warm up tournament.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torneos_de_Verano_%28Argentina%29

According to wikipedia these are taken pretty seriously and have high attendences.

Racing club have finished second in this seasons Apertura (12 points behind Boca and an away form of P-10 W-2 D-7 L-1) and River Plate are currently sitting second in the Primera B with a home record of (P-9 W-5 D-2 L-2). River Plate seemed to have trouble scoring but have signed the legendry David Trezeguet in December. They also have Fernando Cavenaghi who has 13 goals in 17 apps since his return and up and coming star Lucas Ocampos.

Historicly the form is played 25 times. River-14 Draw-6 Racing-5.

The odds are River-2.5 Draw-3.3 Racing 2.6. (from PP)

Personaly Im backing River here as they seem to have a good price. They are at home against one of the bigger teams in Argentina (but still nowhere near as good as Boca) and Im sure they will be eagar to show their fans they can compete with the better teams after last seasons embarrassing relegation.
    Thats not that Bimbo cup is it? :pac:

Thankfully for me that run of draws has ended! Should have done more research into the cup (never trust Wikipedia) but I'll take River Plate 2:1! Cheers for the heads up TiltedBrain and Headshot. One of my luckier bets!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Willem II - Eindhoven?

Never understood why Willem II were seen as one of the top favourites for this league at the start fo the season. They were a disaster last year in the eredvisie and the 1 or 2 decent players they had, left.
    During the break they got a player from ADO on loan who scored last week. Their cfwd De Groot finds the net easy as well.
    A few things happened last week away to Maastricht, Willem II supporters leaving in the 75th minute and players criticized the supporters for this.
    Pretty stupid if you ask me and this will put extra pressure on the team now at home. Also being in 7th place qulifies Willem II for the play offs at the end of the season so i expect them to fight for it tonight.

Didnt really expect Eindhoven to be still near the top at this stage but they are. Got Eric Addo added to their squad during the winter break. Not a world beater but probably a very useful player for them with the added experience. Eindhoven has some really experienced players now and will be hard to beat. However they dont score that many goals either.

So yes, an away win looks good value.
    But i stay away.

That said, it doesnt take much in that league to do well. Look at Sparta. Were terrible but found some guy who can score a few goals (Bokila) and now they are in 3rd place.

Zwolle at home looks like a safe enough bet on their plastic pitch. Lost last week against Sparta and they have the 2nd half of last season on their mind. They collapsed spectacularly throwing away a 15 point lead so RKC beat them for the championship.
    Almere has won away from home only once in their last 5 matches

Telstar - Fortuna is a match i expect to go over 3,5/4,5 (over 4 is currently @3.1).

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 492 ✭✭thebison

Just got an email about this from Setantabet.com ...

Manchester Utd & Manchester City both to win this weekend 5/1
    Arsenal & Tottenham both to win this weekend 12/1

Really fancy the Manchester Double esp with Adebayor out and Arsenals long lift of injuries.

http://www.setantabet.com/setantabet?action=GoEvClass&ev_class_id=195

Dont like betting on the Championship but I really like the West ham -1 Ah 2.000 against Nottingham Forest

Really tempting

Ffs I can't tell ye anything, bloody gone down to 1.975 now

• Advertisement

Tesltar v Fortuna Sittard over 3.5 goals 6/5

edit, just looking there at the Finland cup there, Both to score looks good in both games, and over 2.5, and 3.5 possibly too, gonna wait for in play maybe, hopefully the price will drift on the 2.5, as its stupid low right now

Double edit, The Finnish games are supposedly indoors on artificial pitches, expect goals goals goals kick offs at 12:40 and 1pm

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement