Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Would you lose your sight to stay with your partner?

• 23-10-2011 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭

Ok, this is a weird one. I logged into AH earlier on to see the "Would you die to save your child thread", and it got me thinking about what I would give up to keep something else.

Sight is the sense I'd miss most, but, I suppose, overall, I'd give it up over losing my partner. It's a tough one though, and I really had to think about it.

What do you guys say??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

Erm, I don't have a partner. Can I keep my sight?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

Erm, I don't have a partner. Can I keep my sight?

No you will lose yours through fapping

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,919 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Being single is better than blindness

• Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

no, whats with all these people whod endure an injury/death for someone else, thats madness

Nope.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

No partner is worth blindness.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

this is one of the weirdest questions I have seen in AH and this place is weird

wobbles wrote: »
    No you will lose yours through fapping

:eek: You've clearly seen my fapping material!!

Can I at least have a hug?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭xoxyx

FatherLen wrote: »

Ah, I'm sure you've seen worse!

And, yes, if you're single, you get to keep your sight!

It wouldn't be a case of meeting somebody amazing and having to decide whether you would prefer life with them to life with vision. I'm talking about people who have met a perfect partner already - and choosing between the love of their lives and the facility to see stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭lau1247

:eek: You've clearly seen my fapping material!!

Can I at least have a hug?

sure, *hug*, now clean your mess up :P

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Kasabian wrote: »

Unless you love her but she's seriously ugly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I'd only be willing to lose sight in one eye as long as I can wear a cool eye patch afterwards like Big Boss

Unless you love her but she's seriously ugly.

That's what doggie is for.

What if I had a partner who I thought was great and perfect and my soulmate and all that girly crap, but one day he upped and left me.

Do I get my sight back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

That's what doggie is for.

I prefer kitty. Her fur is softer.

orourkeda wrote: »
    Being single is better than blindness

I think that, in the short enough time we spent experiencing things through our five senses - and as each sense can be doubled when shared - I'd be willing to give one up to enhance my other experiences with the right person.

What if I had a partner who I thought was great and perfect and my soulmate and all that girly crap, but one day he upped and left me.

Do I get my sight back?

No.

The one thing that's for sure is that life can be a pain in the arse sometimes.

xoxyx wrote: »
    I think that, in the short enough time we spent experiencing things through our five senses - and as each sense can be doubled when shared - I'd be willing to give one up to enhance my other experiences with the right person.

Have you asked your other half, did he suggest mute for you?

No.

The one thing that's for sure is that life can be a pain in the arse sometimes.

Single and sightless.

Double :mad:ing whammy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Stiffler2

I would have to take the 50 / 50 option here I'm afraid.

I want the bottom half of my partner but not the top half where her mouth is

You can take 1 eye

win win ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

Ok, this is a weird one. I logged into AH earlier on to see the "Would you die to save your child thread", and it got me thinking about what I would give up to keep something else.

Sight is the sense I'd miss most, but, I suppose, overall, I'd give it up over losing my partner. It's a tough one though, and I really had to think about it.

What do you guys say??

Fuck no.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

Imagine you agreed to have your eyes burned out with acid so you could keep your partner, then she went and banged someone else, rofl. No not me, I'm too much of a cynic to give up that much for a partner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

I don't understand the question? Is my partner going to die or just leave me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭talkinyite

So if your partner said you had to either stick needles in your eyes or youse were over, you'd stick needles in your eyes? is that what you're saying?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭ZombieBride

I'd be ok going deaf with my partner, then I wouldn't have to listen to them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Stiffler2

I'd be ok going deaf with my partner, then I wouldn't have to listen to them.

I see what you did there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

You're asking me to choose between my eyes and my right hand. It's a tough one!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

I would rather go blind than to see you walk away from me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ohx9Ve7-GS0

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

FatherLen wrote: »

:pac:

Welcome to the Twilight Zone! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Going deaf might be more useful to help stay with some of them

Advertisement