Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert. '11/'12 Off-Topic

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Flabangav

You don't want it, trust me. :pac:

Injections?! :eek: Oh god, we're getting them soon too..
    I'm going to die. :pac:

There's a picture of the needle in the Biology book too... it's not very encouraging :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

The joys of not having a cervix! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

If we don't at least get a half day out of it I won't be happy. Imma just pretend I have a massive fear of needles and need to go home and lie down afterwards...

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Joey.

...what injections now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

Joey. wrote: »
    ...what injections now?

They're giving out the cervical cancer vaccine to 6th year girls. I'm guessing from your username that it's not going to affect you :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭13spanner

You know how people try to call what poets will come up for HL English?

After everything, it's just guess work, isn't it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

Starting school tomorrow, so excited!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

13spanner wrote: »
    You know how people try to call what poets will come up for HL English?

After everything, it's just guess work, isn't it?

Yep. Waste of time.

Study 5 poets minimum, it sounds horrible but if you want to avoid that sinking 'Boland isn't on' feeling that they got a couple of years ago then it's necessary.

leaveiton wrote: »
    They're giving out the cervical cancer vaccine to 6th year girls. I'm guessing from your username that it's not going to affect you :p

All schools or just the one's that bother? Because mine's said nothing :P And yes, I'm a girl :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭coffeelover

All schools or just the one's that bother? Because mine's said nothing :P And yes, I'm a girl :pac:

Mine haven't said anything either :confused: Are they the ones where you have to get 3 injections during the year??

• Advertisement

Oops, sorry :pac: I have no idea, sorry! I knew nothing of it until yesterday and our injections are this day week, so maybe yours are just later?
    Mine haven't said anything either :confused: Are they the ones where you have to get 3 injections during the year??

Yeah, that's the one!

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭EmptyWithMe

For us, the forms for getting the injection had to be in by like, the 2nd of September. I thought it was all schools getting it though? It's offered to those under 18 I think. I have a massive fear of needles and am NOT looking forward to it. :P

Oops, sorry :pac: I have no idea, sorry! I knew nothing of it until yesterday and our injections are this day week, so maybe yours are just later?

Yeah, that's the one!

S'alright :p Well, enjoy your shots-I wouldn't be at all surprised if my school decides to be cheap and not bother :pac:
    For us, the forms for getting the injection had to be in by like, the 2nd of September. I thought it was all schools getting it though? It's offered to those under 18 I think. I have a massive fear of needles and am NOT looking forward to it. :P

Ah damn, looks like no injection for me then :D

It doesn't say anything on the little leaflet we got about being under 18. It's a catch-up vaccine for 6th years so it wouldn't make sense to eliminate a fair percentage of 6th years.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Flabangav

It doesn't say anything on the little leaflet we got about being under 18. It's a catch-up vaccine for 6th years so it wouldn't make sense to eliminate a fair percentage of 6th years.

Yeah, everyone is getting it, you don't have to be under 18. Ahhh I'm nervous!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Nic Neptune

Our school is really unfair as they only gave injections up to the third years. Clearly they think once you hit TY you're not a virgin. :rolleyes: Well most of us would be in fairness so it's kinda stupid not to give it to older girls. I've gotten it outside school and for anyone worrying about it, don't. It's no big deal honestly and it doesn't hurt. :D And our school have shown no intentions of giving it to sixth year girls.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Nic Neptune

And just out of curiosity, how many poets are you guys studying? We're doing six but I was wondering was anyone actually doing the eight.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭EmptyWithMe

Flabangav wrote: »
    Yeah, everyone is getting it, you don't have to be under 18. Ahhh I'm nervous!!!
    Our principal told us it was for those under 18. :rolleyes:

Everyone having fun studying? :D :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭13spanner

And just out of curiosity, how many poets are you guys studying? We're doing six but I was wondering was anyone actually doing the eight.
    We're doing 6. Starting with the women. Adrienne Rich is so depressing first thing on a Tuesday morning :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

Well higher options confused the hell outta me today :rolleyes:
    We're doing 6 poets... It's enough!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 ClaireBearBoat

We haven't even started poetry yet.. My teacher hasn't even mentioned it! :(

Higher Options today. I decided I wanted to do Radiography.. 4 hours later I've changed my mind AGAIN :rolleyes: :D Back to a list of options.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

Stupid school never told us when the hpv vaccine form was meant to be in. I hope I'm not too late. We got it middle of last week :S

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

We haven't even started poetry yet.. My teacher hasn't even mentioned it! :(

Higher Options today. I decided I wanted to do Radiography.. 4 hours later I've changed my mind AGAIN :rolleyes: :D Back to a list of options.

I was at science this morning... Now it's midwifery :P I'd love it though... I think...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

People keep going on about how much sixth year flies but I feel like I've been back for months already, ugh

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭siobhanod93

We're doing five poets in class and one poet outside of school for anybody who wants to, but I don't think I'll have the time or energy!

Higher Options? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Hey guys, I'm looking for some advice. Since the beginning of the year (I know its only been two weeks but..) I've felt awful stressed out and anxious for some reason, I haven't started doing any study or anything, so it's not because I'm doing too much of it. Basically i think its because I'm doing all Higher subjects at the moment, and I think I need to drop down in one, but cannot decide at all. I'm quite good at most subjects which makes it difficult to decide. the subjects i'm doing are:

Irish- Got a B in the JC and am good enough at it, had a bad teacher last year but a fairly good one this year

English- Got an A in the JC, have a fantastic teacher, and doubt i'll drop it, but at the same time would only expect a B in the LC because I think I kinda fluked the A in the JC

Maths- Got an A in the JC, however my teacher isnt the best, however she is better this year. I did very little work last year and done poorly in the christmas and summer exams, however have started doing homework this year and doing good at the topic we're one, differentiation.

Chemistry- Im good at science and definetely wont be dropping this

Biology- not dropping this either

Business- Won't be dropping this because I do well in it

French- I always thought I was good at this in the JC and had a very good teacher, got a B in the JC and was happy enough with it. However for these two years I have had a not so great teacher, 60% of people in my class are doing ordinary ( yes the teacher does have to teach both levels :() but still seem to do better then others in exams, and like I said, I seem to be good with languages.

These are the courses I am interested in:
    Dental Science, TCD
    Pharmacy, TCD OR RCSI
    Medicine, TCD, UCD, RCSI OR NUIG
    International Business(transatlantic studies)- DCU
    Business with French- DCU, UCD, TCD
    Occupational Therapy- UCD, TCD, NUIG etc
    Law- any of the main universities
    Law and French
    Science- TCD, UCD
    Radiography
    Business
    Human Nutrition
    Biotechnology
    Genetics
    The list goes on really :eek:

Drop in Irish. Takes a lot of time and effort to do well in and you don't seem to have any interest in any irish related courses (i.e. irish in college as a degree, and primary teaching.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

We're doing five poets in class and one poet outside of school for anybody who wants to, but I don't think I'll have the time or energy!

Higher Options? :confused:

Careers thing in the RDS yesterday and today.

Doing 5 poets, the women, kavanagh and heaney. Did all 5 last year and have revised Plath so far. Also revised acts 1-3 of hamlet, but i don't know them in enough detail ata ll . . .we move way too fast!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭UnholyGregor

looking foward to all the sexy minx's in the rds tomorrow, if anyone's looking for me, il be the isolated weird guy in the corner.... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

Siobhnk wrote: »
    I was at science this morning... Now it's midwifery :P I'd love it though... I think...

Good for you:), I did work experience in a hospital which I won't name, but the midwifes (who talked to us sometimes) were amazing people, not only professionally but just as people.

I'd say they alone make childbirth about a million times easier...(as if I'd know):cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

looking foward to all the sexy minx's in the rds tomorrow, if anyone's looking for me, il be the isolated weird guy in the corner.... :p

You're goin to have to be specific, which corner and which isolated weird guy?!;):D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement