Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick FC

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Soulcrew09

Fix :rolleyes:

If you would like to contact the independant observer please ask for Mike in the Still House.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Soulcrew09 wrote: »
    If you would like to contact the independant observer please ask for Mike in the Still House.

Haha, Don't worry I know it wasn't, I was making a joke :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Quick update on the academy my little fella went to the Abbey Rovers one last week and he loved it the lads training them were fab and really interacted with them I paid 90e and for that he got

* Limerick Gear
    * Medal at end of week
    * 5 hours a day footie
    * Gear bag

Plus he got to be a mascot at the Salthill Devon game ( Pity about the weather ) and myself and herself got in half price..

All in all totally brilliant he usually goes to the FAI one in the UL but when I asked him which one he wants to go on next year he said he would defo prefer the Limerick one.

So well done Limerick ye made my little fella very happy

PS
    Good performance on Friday night but I must say the no.11 for Salthill was class he was like a young Damien Duff sign him up I say

campo wrote: »
    Quick update on the academy my little fella went to the Abbey Rovers one last week and he loved it the lads training them were fab and really interacted with them I paid 90e and for that he got

* Limerick Gear
    * Medal at end of week
    * 5 hours a day footie
    * Gear bag

Plus he got to be a mascot at the Salthill Devon game ( Pity about the weather ) and myself and herself got in half price..

All in all totally brilliant he usually goes to the FAI one in the UL but when I asked him which one he wants to go on next year he said he would defo prefer the Limerick one.

PS
    Good performance on Friday night but I must say the no.11 for Salthill was class he was like a young Damien Duff sign him up I say

Great to hear :) Don't forget they all got too meet Leo the Lion on the last day too, (Mainly done for the younger kids) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Jofspring

* Limerick Gear
    * Medal at end of week
    * 5 hours a day footie
    * Gear bag

PS

Was telling my Aunt about sending my little cousin to this. Great to hear its such a big success with the kids. Felt bad for the kids standing in the rain Friday night but they didn't really seem to care and looked like they enjoyed it which is all that matters.

That No.11 for Salthill kind of looked like a young Damien Duff as a few people mentioned. He scored a cracker up in Salthill earlier in the season against Limerick too.

• Advertisement

Jofspring wrote: »
    Was telling my Aunt about sending my little cousin to this. Great to hear its such a big success with the kids. Felt bad for the kids standing in the rain Friday night but they didn't really seem to care and looked like they enjoyed it which is all that matters.

That No.11 for Salthill kind of looked like a young Damien Duff as a few people mentioned. He scored a cracker up in Salthill earlier in the season against Limerick too.

Nope they did not care about the rain at all would defo recommend sending the cousin here it made a new Limerick fan out of my young lad

He was very disapointed Jason Hughes was not in the squad though as that is his cousin I dont get to see many Limerick games due to work commitments how is Jason getting on those anyone know

Nope they did not care about the rain at all would defo recommend sending the cousin here it made a new Limerick fan out of my young lad

He was very disapointed Jason Hughes was not in the squad though as that is his cousin I dont get to see many Limerick games due to work commitments how is Jason getting on those anyone know

He has been out of the team recently due to suspension as far as i know. He is a great little player though with great potential so he is always in or around the starting lineup. Getting very tough for most the players up there at the moment though as the squad is after getting very strong with loads of competition for places.

He has been out of the team recently due to suspension as far as i know. He is a great little player though with great potential so he is always in or around the starting lineup. Getting very tough for most the players up there at the moment though as the squad is after getting very strong with loads of competition for places.

I agree competition is gone very strong I though Stephen O'Flynn did well when he came on really changed the game and Dave Rodgers is immence in the back really brings a calming influence to the back 4

• Registered Users Posts: 16,540 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Sunderland 2 - 1 Munster XI.

(Tierney)

Sunderland beat a Munster XI in Thomond. It was basically Limerick FC plus a few players from Cobh and Kerry. John Tierney of Limerick FC gave Munster the lead with a cracking 20-yard shot, but Sunderland were much improved in the second half and scored two goals in quick succession.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

osarusan wrote: »

(Tierney)

Sunderland beat a Munster XI in Thomond. It was basically Limerick FC plus a few players from Cobh and Kerry. John Tierney of Limerick FC gave Munster the lead with a cracking 20-yard shot, but Sunderland were much improved in the second half and scored two goals in quick succession.
    Don't know much about that Tierney lad apart from what I seen in the Waterford game. I thought he was absolutely useless on that occasion and spent most of the match shouting dogs abuse at the linesman and ref. I don't for the life of me know how he escaped without a card.

• Advertisement

Aidric wrote: »
    Don't know much about that Tierney lad apart from what I seen in the Waterford game. I thought he was absolutely useless on that occasion and spent most of the match shouting dogs abuse at the linesman and ref. I don't for the life of me know how he escaped without a card.

He's one of the most talented players in Limerick. He would decieve you with his pace, is strong on the ball and has quick feet. Super player and has been a star this season with Limerick. Scored a lovely goal last night. Himself, Stevo and O'Leary really stood out in the game. When they went off the game changed completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

He's one of the most talented players in Limerick. He would decieve you with his pace, is strong on the ball and has quick feet. Super player and has been a star this season with Limerick. Scored a lovely goal last night. Himself, Stevo and O'Leary really stood out in the game. When they went off the game changed completely.
    Fair enough. Might have been just an off day.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭leedsfan88

osarusan wrote: »

(Tierney)

Can anyone tell me who scored for Sunderland??? Please

leedsfan88 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me who scored for Sunderland??? Please

Martyn Waghorn x2

Aidric wrote: »
    Fair enough. Might have been just an off day.

It was an off day alright. The pitch was a disgrace that day too so it was very hard to play with the ball at the feet.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭leedsfan88

Martyn Waghorn x2

Cheers buddy, anyone know what kind of attendance there was, i heard it was a poor turnout?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

well it was only sunDIREland

leedsfan88 wrote: »
    Cheers buddy, anyone know what kind of attendance there was, i heard it was a poor turnout?

Didn't hear an official number but i'd say 8,000 max. Thomond Park was way too big for this. Pity the city had no other alternative small ground. If only the Markets Field was in Limerick FC's possession and developed. One can dream anyway.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Just saw osarusan's post in the other soccer thread here.
    It got me thinking. How much would it cost for a season ticket for Limerick's home games?

It got me thinking. How much would it cost for a season ticket for Limerick's home games?

The Adult Terrace is €60 for then remainder of the season, and the Adult Stand is €75.

Prices can be seen here: http://limerickfc.ie/tickets/index.html

• Advertisement

€110 for the whole season.
    €10 General admission on the day.

19 home games. So a saving of 80euro if you attend all the games that season.

Think Student was €90 for the season but could be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 1892

Didn't hear an official number but i'd say 8,000 max. Thomond Park was way too big for this. Pity the city had no other alternative small ground. If only the Markets Field was in Limerick FC's possession and developed. One can dream anyway.

Today FM sport said this morning there was 17,000 at it. Looked around 8000 - 10,000 max

1892 wrote: »
    Today FM sport said this morning there was 17,000 at it. Looked around 8000 - 10,000 max

Ya no way 17,000. The terraces where pretty empty and both stands had only the middle section filled.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

There was only 4,000 in attendance.
    They sold slightly over 10,000 tickets for it though.

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    There was only 4,000 in attendance.
    They sold slightly over 10,000 tickets for it though.

Source?

Source?

Rather not say, but it is accurate.
    I don't need to lie to try and look cool on the internet.

Rather not say, but it is accurate.
    I don't need to lie to try and look cool on the internet.

There was a lot more then 4000 in attendance, There was about 7/8 thousand there, not including staff etc.

There was a lot more then 4000 in attendance, There was about 7/8 thousand there, not including staff etc.

If you say so

If you say so

I don't say so, I know so.

I'm not sure where you were looking but there was a lot more then 4,000

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement