Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dying just the roots or all over?

• 17-10-2014 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭

Hey guys. My hair has been bleached and dyed bright purple (semi-permanent). My roots are now pretty noticeable (dirty blond). Do I bleach the roots and dye as normal, or do I need to bleach all of my hair? And if so, do I need to strip the purple out first?

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Just lighten the roots, then apply the purple all over.

You might do damage to your hair if you bleach the whole lot of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭FullblownRose

Are you sure you need to lighten your roots at all? If theyyre already dirty blonde wouldnt the purple go over them with no pre lightening..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

Are you sure you need to lighten your roots at all? If theyyre already dirty blonde wouldnt the purple go over them with no pre lightening..

Not really, I've been dying them purple along with the rest of my hair and they're noticeably darker, it's only really noticeable now that they're so long, they were passable before!

Advertisement