Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Northern Ireland Parking fine

• 16-10-2013 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

I received a parking ticket from Northern Ireland, can I be prosecuted down here? They sent it to my Republic address. If I dont pay it can they do anything?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭iverjohnston

If they come across your car again, in the north, even with a valid parking ticket, they can clamp your car. Computers have long memories!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 oodes

Ya think parking wardens in the North check every car with a valid parking ticket or do they just scan each plate now?

Don't know, you see them inputting into their Husky data machines,you could get away for a long time. Probably best to saw the damn thing.

£90 the thing is. Feck it gonna change the car in a few months so as long as I can't be prosecuted here ill chance it. Just have to remember about it when im up north again and not park on the street :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

oodes wrote: »
    £90 the thing is. Feck it gonna change the car in a few months so as long as I can't be prosecuted here ill chance it. Just have to remember about it when im up north again and not park on the street :)

Is there not a discount for paying early, normally is in the rest of the UK

• Advertisement

Yep it was £30 to begin with , but I didnt pay it because I didnt think they could trace my vehicle with a southern reg but I received the £90 one in the post today to my surprise. I wonder if i sent them Monopoly money what would happen. Nearly do it for the laugh

Northern Authorities have full access to D.ept. of Transport data bases , so can get names and
    addresses. Dosn't seem to work other way round .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Northern Authorities have full access to D.ept. of Transport data bases , so can get names and
    addresses. Dosn't seem to work other way round .

It's a reciprocal agreement so it's up to the Irl authorities to take advantage of it.http://www.transport.ie/pressRelease.aspx?Id=177

The agreement is only for an exchange of data, that does not mean full access. This PDF (apparently prepared for some conference) indicates the process, the authority on one side request details and the other authority replies with owner details. And vice-versa.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 myluck

Hi what ever happen on this I got one today,,, I drive a southern reg car ??

I just ignored it to be honest. Got a letter about a month ago telling the fine went up. They cant do much , just have to remember not to get caught up there again or they will tow it. I really wanted to send some monopoly money but I had to restrain myself :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 myluck

When u say don't get caught again do u mean like don't get caught Parkin or speed or do u mean don't take car back up?

Dont park illegally up there because your reg will be in the system. Just dont give them a reason to tow. As for speeding i think that's a different crowd to the parking. Probably dealing with the cops there. Id ignore them too ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

No privatised speedchecks up North as far as I know, all done by police or civilian police staff to the best of my knowledge.

Advertisement