Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Christmas Bonus, Budget 2015

• 15-10-2014 2:15pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone know if those on Back to Education Allowance will get this.

After all, BEA is the same as Job Seekers Allowance. €188.

Its just the dole under a different name.

The Christmas Bonus is only €47 but better than nothing.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭taytobreath

know body seems toknow the answer to this. 47 euro would help me enormously this christmas.

ill be pretty peed off if we were left out, it would be a disgrace

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

Short term unemployed people (on job seekers allowance for under a year) are going to be excluded from the christmas bonus. I would like to know if this is extended to those on BTEA or will we be getting the extra few bob. Would really help out.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭The Diddakoi

I am in receipt of BTEA. I have a letter from Social Welfare that states "you will have an entitlement to the Christmas Bonus if issued". The letter was sent out to me on the 14th October, which I think was budget day, which may explain the "if issued" bit.

Advertisement