Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

FAS Evening course in a different county to where I'm signed on

• 27-01-2014 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭

Hi,

I applied for two hairdressing courses in Co. Clare when I was living there last year, since then I have moved home to Wexford. I went through the interview process for the full-time course in September but it ended up being allocated on a first signed-up basis and I wasn't accepted. Now the basic evening course is starting next week and I've said I'd do it, but travelling up and down from Wexford to Clare for the 2 nights a week just isn't affordable, so I would like to stay there in cheap accommodation for the 10 weeks, instead of rushing around all the time. I don't want to miss this opportunity!

Does anyone know if social welfare would possibly switch my weekly payment to a post office down there for the 10 weeks? When I moved home and switched my claim altogether it took about two months so it would be pointless switching the whole thing over. Or maybe even put it into my bank account? I rang citizen's info but they said they may and may not do it. So they weren't very helpful really... I will still be available for and looking for work both in Wexford and elsewhere but I really want to do this course so I can experience it and know if I am suited to this line of work! There is no evening Hairdressing course coming up near my home, but my name is down for them anyway.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
    Thanks guys! :)

Advertisement