Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

City jobs (asking/offering)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭skwinty

Hi Guys,

Just wondering does anyone know of any part-time work in shops or supermarkets around the city? I'm looking for evening and/or weekend hours preferably!

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭fend

Anyone know anyone whos taking on an apprentice mechanic at the moment? Looking to start motor mechanics but finding it IMPOSSIBLE to find a garage to take me on? I'm 21, have a lot of knowledge in the motor field but it seems EVERY garage in Galway are full?

Anyone else having problems like this? It seems there is just nothing avalable in Galway AT ALL.

If anyone knows or has an opportunity, please please please PM. I'd start in the morning if it was available.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Did you ask in the Motors forum? That's where all the mechanics and such hang out.
    Tbh, there are not all that many garages in Galway so could take a while before something opens up, particularly for an apprentice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

You'd be extremely hard-pressed to get an apprenticeship in Galway sadly. Many friends of mine left the country for that reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

sorry if this is out of place, I had a search around but couldn't find anything on here.
    Does anyone know if there is a new medical devices company opening
    in galway?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,164 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Thought of this thread this evening. Went into town for a walk around after work. Apaches Pizza are looking for somebody, Massimos pub is looking for bar staff, There's a new Thai place opening in Salthill that have started looking. There's also a fish and chip shop opening and so I assume will be looking for people.

Also Avaya are looking for people still I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭ciano1

Wheres the fish and chip place?

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭hoody

sorry if this is out of place, I had a search around but couldn't find anything on here.
    Does anyone know if there is a new medical devices company opening
    in galway?

Merit Medical in Parkmore have a new building which must be nearly ready for operation now, think I saw that they were advertising for jobs last week, in the Advertiser. Try here too, the same jobs I think: http://www.irishjobs.ie/Recruiters/Merit-Medical-5441.aspx

ciano1 wrote: »
    Wheres the fish and chip place?

It's where the Subway use to be. The sign is up over the place and it looks like they are installing the appliances tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭ciano1

Wompa1 wrote: »
    It's where the Subway use to be. The sign is up over the place and it looks like they are installing the appliances tonight

Which Subway? :p

• Advertisement

ciano1 wrote: »
    Which Subway? :p

Sorry didn't realize I didn't type it in the sentence. The one that shut down in Salthill

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

Wompa1 wrote: »
    Thought of this thread this evening. Went into town for a walk around after work. Apaches Pizza are looking for somebody, Massimos pub is looking for bar staff, There's a new Thai place opening in Salthill
    Really?! Best news I've heard all day!:D Love love love Pad Thai

Sam Baileys have a sign up on their window for staff the last 2weeks

magentas wrote: »
    Really?! Best news I've heard all day!:D Love love love Pad Thai

Sam Baileys have a sign up on their window for staff the last 2weeks

The Thai is going in right beside the new Fish and Chip place, close to Da Robertas. You'd miss the sign if you weren't looking for it. The sign looking for staff is down low on the door. Looking for a few people by the looks of things

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭IrishEyes19

has anyone seen any retail stores advertising. Id take any hours at this stage. saving for college.

has anyone seen any retail stores advertising. Id take any hours at this stage. saving for college.

3 Mobile were looking last week...but I guess that's more Sales. Also not retail but the Thai place in Salthill is looking for service staff

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭swe_fi

This isn't strictly speaking a job but just curious are any people in Galway taking up these National Internship Program postings (I have never heard of anyone doing this)?

http://intern.jobbridge.ie/

Don't want a political discussion about this if its good or bad (normal job is obviously preferable) just curious if anyone is using it - mods please delete this post if you think it will cause derailment!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Saw a sign in champion sports eyre square centre looking for staff, imagine it would suit a student perhaps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Male carer

I'm in dire need of a male carer for the next two weekends, 8-30 - 9-30 each morning and the same time each evening.

Duties involved -

Dressing
    Washing
    Getting to bed

Must be experienced & physically able to lift etc - will pay cash.

I'm just outside Galway city not far from the airport

Sorry, im a male carer looking for some work. If you need somone anytime, let me know. Im good at my job and a trial basis is no prob. Thanks. Tom

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Doing a masters at the moment but will be looking for work post April.

If anyone knows of anything at all going around town or privately, just let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭tiger_cub

any one know any stores looking for staff? I walked through town today but didn't see one sign on a window. any where at all?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭The Cool

The Front Door are looking for floor staff, and I think Kirbys are looking for people as well.

Massimos are looking again...

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭carmex21

Hi, looking for a cleaner for one day of spring cleaning for a small house. If anyone knows someone could they pm me please. Thanks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

How much you willing to pay?
    In Galway city?

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭carmex21

How much you willing to pay?
    In Galway city?
    Hi, it is in the city centre. Not sure on rate as would probably depend on agreed work . Actually for a friend who is back from hospital and just needs a general clean for the house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 colbags

Just looking for a general opinion from ppl who might know

currently working in dublin as a trainnee accountant...want to quit and go to galway to my parents for 6-12 months to save up some money.

Is there full-time decent jobs going in galway. ive been keepingan eye on various websites for months now and there is absolutely nothing going as far as i can see.

Could anyone shed any ligght on this situation?

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭jrochie

Hi all,

I've been asked to help with the recruitment of a Store Manager for a new men's fashion retailer opening soon in Galway City Centre. Full details on the role can be found on this link: Store Manager

Previous management experience in fashion retail is an absolute must for this role.

If your interested please contact me.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Please note that adverts.ie now has expanded into jobs too (asking/offering).

boards_jobs_logo_adverts.png

http://advertsjobs.boards.ie/jobs/3/region-Connaght/

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Sillico

I was wondering if there is any graphic designers on here looking for a bit of work? I cant afford to pay too much but if there is anyone who needs some work to build up their portfolio then let me know. Anyone interested I can email you the details... :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭soundbyte

It's not me, but I know someone. PM me some details and I'll check with her if it's suitable. Give me an idea of budget too

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement