Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v2.0

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

When I think of Pat Neary's (former Financial Regulator) €630,00 golden handshake, it really makes be very very very angry. That should never have been paid :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

http://www.herald.ie/news/630000-golden-handshake-for-the-bungling-banks-watchdog-pat-neary-1635637.html

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

MrsD007 wrote: »
    I really want Sean Quinn to be jailed for contempt tomorrow.
    I'll be amazed if that happens.... Nobody in this country, except for the poor, end up in jail, And we'd probably have Cavan seeking their independence from the rest of us

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

coolhull wrote: »
    I'll be amazed if that happens.... Nobody in this country, except for the poor, end up in jail, And we'd probably have Cavan seeking their independence from the rest of us
    Liam Lawlor, Ray Burke, Sean Quinn Jnr. do they all fit in to that category?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,431 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

It's really only that small border area of Cavan and the town as he had his headquarters there. A shower of dumbos. He didn't pay that well either.

That assisted suicide judgement will be very interesting, it is a very sad case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 notagardawife

Cufflnks please

That assisted suicide judgement will be very interesting, it is a very sad case.

I can see a suspended sentence in that case. It must be hard to see a loved one suffer and know that there is no possibility of recovery. Very sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

When I think of Pat Neary's (former Financial Regulator) €630,00 golden handshake, it really makes be very very very angry. That should never have been paid :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

http://www.herald.ie/news/630000-golden-handshake-for-the-bungling-banks-watchdog-pat-neary-1635637.html

But he did do his (then) master's bidding ... and loyalty has a price :rolleyes:

imme wrote: »
    Liam Lawlor, Ray Burke, Sean Quinn Jnr. do they all fit in to that category?
    Lawlor, Burke, and Quinn served three months each... Hardly great hardship.

I can see a suspended sentence in that case. It must be hard to see a loved one suffer and know that there is no possibility of recovery. Very sad.
    The lady is still alive in this case, she is looking for permission for her partner to help her die without him being charged after her death.
    A COUPLE on the brink of a landmark High Court battle over the controversial issue of assisted suicide will seek to protect their identities.

The matter is expected to be brought before a judge as a severely disabled and wheelchair-bound woman suffering from multiple sclerosis requests her partner be allowed to help her end her life without fear of prosecution.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/couple-in-righttodie-case-want-to-stay-anonymous-3232441.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

I think this Murphy woman sees herself moving in front of the cameras. I'd say she'd do fine.

woodoo wrote: »
    I think this Murphy woman sees herself moving in front of the cameras. I'd say she'd do fine.
    She is the producer of Tonight with Vincent Browne, I doubt she wants a presenting a role, if she did, I'd imagine she would already have one.

The lady is still alive in this case, she is looking for permission for her partner to help her die without him being charged after her death.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/couple-in-righttodie-case-want-to-stay-anonymous-3232441.html

Sorry. I thought it was the case of the man who came home from Germany and assisted his mother to die.

I wonder is paddypower giving odds on Sean going to jail? I think he will.

woodoo wrote: »
    I wonder is paddypower giving odds on Sean going to jail? I think he will.

I think the judge is left with very little choice at this stage. Quinn has not helped his own case and according to the Anglo solicitors is still taking steps to save "his" hidden money and assets.
    The Christmas dinners in the Joy are supposed to be fairly good I hear.

Regarding Quinn going to jail tomorrow, maybe we should turn to 'Psychic Readings Live' and ask them, it only costs 2.44 a minute

Regarding Quinn going to jail tomorrow, maybe we should turn to 'Psychic Readings Live' and ask them, it only costs 2.44 a minute

Does Flathan know Quinn I wonder?

I can just imagine Flathan doing a reading for Quinn.

"I see a case and it isn't going very well, I also see a move to a new place, I think it might be a training unit ........".

• Registered Users Posts: 8 notagardawife

Sorry but a TD charged €150 for cufflinks to his expenses. How democratic is that?

"I see a case and it isn't going very well, I also see a move to a new place, I think it might be a training unit ........".
    ''In my opinion''

• Advertisement

Flathan is looking more and more like Tommy Fleming :D

I think the judge is left with very little choice at this stage. Quinn has not helped his own case and according to the Anglo solicitors is still taking steps to save "his" hidden money and assets.
    The Christmas dinners in the Joy are supposed to be fairly good I hear.

I suppose most people would go to jail for 3 months for 500 million :D

Sorry but a TD charged €150 for cufflinks to his expenses. How democratic is that?

Name and shame

"And you will see bars, lots of bars"

I can't see Sean Quinn going to jail tomorrow, I reckon he will be spared jail because of his health issues.

I can't see Sean Quinn going to jail tomorrow, I reckon he will be spared jail because of his health issues.

OR in case they rile him and he discloses embarrassing stuff.

OR in case they rile him and he discloses embarrassing stuff.
    I don't understand?? :confused:

Sean Quinn has been sentenced to nine weeks in jail but he may appeal the sentence.
    SEAN Quinn Senior, once Ireland’s richest man, has been sentenced to nine weeks in prison for contempt of court.

Ms Justice Elizabeth Dunne in imposing the sentence told both sides she was open to putting a stay on the sentence pending an application to the Supreme Court for a speedy appeal hearing.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/courts/sean-quinn-snr-handed-down-prison-sentence-for-contempt-3280798.html

Updated @ 13:09

Sean Quinn has decided to begin his sentence today.

I don't understand?? :confused:

I believe he has beans to spill about Anglo and others if rumour has it right.

• Advertisement

The Budget tonight. Usual suspects on again inc Darth Vader and Beaker.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement