Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Help

• 29-06-2011 7:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭GSI

Someone from work has tried to add me on Facebook. I don't want to add anyone from work. So i want to reject it, but what if they start asking why didn't I accept, what should I do?

:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

GSI wrote: »
    Someone from work has tried to add me on Facebook. I don't want to add anyone from work. So i want to reject it, but what if they start asking why didn't I accept, what should I do?

I can't think of a single thing you could possibly say. Your only hope is to quit work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

Delete your account and open up a Bebo one instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Ignore it and if they ask about it tell them you dont really use it anymore.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

You could always add him/her and customise your privacy settings just for him/her, so they see a 'limited' version of your page?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Burn down you office building...problem solved

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

Just say that you like to keep business and personal life separate.

Say you use linkedin for professional contacts.

Or say that you don't know them well enough to add them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Thatnastyboy

Tell them you don't add work people, thats what i do never an issue,

If they've a problem with it, tell them to eat your ass. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,919 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Tell them to fack off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

Just ignore it...:confused:

How do people get so worked about these things?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

facebook for friends
    linkedin for work

Sorted :)
    I like the idea of burning down your workplace, do that!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Aldebaran

Just reject the request, they probably won't even notice. And if they do, just tell them you don't add people from work. Seems fairly straightforward.

Although do keep a can of petrol at hand just in case something goes wrong and you need to burn the office down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Whenever he asks you why you didn't accept his friend request, just grab your leg and act like your agony.
    Tell them you have a bit of shrapnel stuck in it from the war .. and walk off.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭marxcoo

stop being the anti-social and add them...ffs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,919 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Punch her\him\it in the face

• Registered Users Posts: 14,544 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

/facewhat now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

blast them with...no, no, i can't do it.

Just fkin ignore the request and if they say anything just say 'didn't see it'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭mconigol

Lists!

How do people not know about these?!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Tell them you don't like their face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

What have you got to hide OP?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,334 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Just tell them you didn't get their request or you don't allow people to request you as part of your settings or something. Maybe just say you don't like using Facebook or that you don't use it much otherwise just ignore if they ask.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭GSI

Kiera wrote: »
    Ignore it and if they ask about it tell them you dont really use it anymore.

I would do that but i think I made the mistake of leaving my wall open to the public so they will see that and know that I am active on it.

You mat say, right block your profile, but then they'll know I've blocked it just for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭GSI

What have you got to hide OP?

Nothing, I just don't want to mix work and personal issues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭ Anthony Sour Valedictorian

Nothing, I just don't want to mix work and personal issues.

You've answered your own question.

ie; "Sorry, I just don't want to mix work and personal issues".

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

I would do that but i think I made the mistake of leaving my wall open to the public so they will see that and know that I am active on it.

You mat say, right block your profile, but then they'll know I've blocked it just for them.

If this is how you deal with facebook then how do you manage to cope in the real world?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭ImpossibleDuck

You'd think this was posted in The Thunderdome. Most unhelpful thread ever. :pac:

YOU CNUT! (keeping with the theme)

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭scudster

Its called a social network for a reason.

You could just say to them, "If I wanted you to be my friend I would have asked"
    That should explain it clearly to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭Feeona

I'd raise the issue with HR, and if you get no joy, sue the company

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭Kevin Duffy

When confronted, answer "They have the internet on computers now?" and look confused and surprised. They will be grateful you haven't added them and probably stop asking you awkward questions, maybe even stop speaking to you at all.

HTH and you're very welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Killergamer97

ok this has nothing to do with this persons problem but i really need help. I'm a teenager trying to save up pocket money but need some ideas to get pocket money first and how much should i get please help me i really want to buy something and have no money HELP!!!! X(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

ok this has nothing to do with this persons problem but i really need help. I'm a teenager trying to save up pocket money but need some ideas to get pocket money first and how much should i get please help me i really want to buy something and have no money HELP!!!! X(

Wash cars and cut grass (that's how I made money when your age).

You might like this forum:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?forumid=1146

Advertisement