Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Pro12: Leinster vs Edinburgh, RDS, 13th Aprill, KO 7:45pm TG4/BBC Alba

1789101113»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

[Jackass] wrote: »
    I dont think we do. It's mathematically possible Ospreys could catch us, but they would need 3 bonus point wins in all their remaining games, and to win those game by about 35 point margins and Leinster to lose both remaining games without getting a losing bonus.

I think it'll finish tonight when Ospreys fail to get a bonus point win over Cardiff.

Ospreys are on 58 points with 3 games remaining. They can get a maximum of 15 points from their 3 remaining games which would take them to 73 points.

Leinster are currently on 73 points. 1 more match point would take them to 74 points. The Ospreys cannot reach 74 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Replay on setanta atm for anyone who missed it.

• Moderators Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

I reckon Ospreys will win, Cardiff have nothing to play for and are a side with no future. Ospreys have been much better since getting that idiot Scott Johnson out of there.

It's a derby match and I reckon Cardiff have pride to play for.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭peterako

Was I imagining things or were both Reddan and Boss on playing the latter part of the match?

If they were what positions were they playing??

Schmidt is either a genius or mad as a hatter :)

Genius I think!

Peter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

peterako wrote: »
    Was I imagining things or were both Reddan and Boss on playing the latter part of the match?

If they were what positions were they playing??

Schmidt is either a genius or mad as a hatter :)

Genius I think!

Peter

D'arcy had to go off injured so Boss stepped in. He's played centre before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭peterako

Noticed the tackle that resulted in D'Arcy's blood injury.

Initially thought it was his eye. But looks like it may be a chunk out of his forehead :eek:

Any update on it?

Match was a joy to watch, and was very impressed with the the after match interviews from both sides.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

What was interesting was Reid seemed to be playing at FB... As he played for club level at FB?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭Taco Corp

peterako wrote: »
    Noticed the tackle that resulted in D'Arcy's blood injury.

Initially thought it was his eye. But looks like it may be a chunk out of his forehead :eek:

Any update on it?

Match was a joy to watch, and was very impressed with the the after match interviews from both sides.

Looked like he had a hand/arm injury when he want off
    .ak wrote: »
    What was interesting was Reid seemed to be playing at FB... As he played for club level at FB?

Thought he was at fly half with Madigan at FB?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Surley wrote: »
    Looked like he had a hand/arm injury when he want off

Hard to tell but I thought Mads was sitting at first receiver for most of the second half. Also very flat all the time, with Reid sitting in the pocket most of the time.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Surley wrote: »
    I thought the same

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

danthefan wrote: »
    Ospreys are on 58 points with 3 games remaining. They can get a maximum of 15 points from their 3 remaining games which would take them to 73 points.

Leinster are currently on 73 points. 1 more match point would take them to 74 points. The Ospreys cannot reach 74 points.

I dont think we do. It's mathematically possible Ospreys could catch us, but they would need 3 bonus point wins in all their remaining games, and to win those game by about 35 point margins and Leinster to lose both remaining games without getting a losing bonus.

I think it'll finish tonight when Ospreys fail to get a bonus point win over Cardiff.

I.E. If we don't get a single point in our remaining games, we still wont be caught, as Ospreys will not be able to reach a mere mathematical target. We don't need the point, as by tonight, we will more than likely be uncatchable.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

Blues are 12-6 up at halftime

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

Ospreys need four tries in 20 minutes now

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Yay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭Taco Corp

durkadurka wrote: »
    Ospreys need four tries in 20 minutes now
    got 2 so far with 10mins to go...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Game over. Leinster now out of reach. No point needed....

Ospreys gave it a good go though, 3 late tries! Bad for Munster.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

.ak wrote: »
    Hard to tell but I thought Mads was sitting at first receiver for most of the second half. Also very flat all the time, with Reid sitting in the pocket most of the time.

I thought they seemed to switch a bit with Madigan playing at first receiver more often than Reid as it went on. Madigan seems to be absolutely loving his rugby at the moment and long may it continue.

Advertisement