Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PC Security and MSN?

• 03-07-2008 9:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭

My kids use MSN to chat to friends.

One of them has started to get weblinks sent to them from one of their contacts, these are usually requesting you to log in to a website using your mobile number and password, I blocked this contact for a while but last night decided to unblock it for the evening and low and behold my son recieves another weblink - this time to a webpage (unblocked .org or something such like), I think letting them know they knew they were blocked.

My concern is can this individual use MSN to get access to personal info on my PC?

System - Windows XP
    Virus/Spyware - AVG Ver8

Do I need to use any other form of defense to prevent access?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

They can't do much unless you click on one of their links or run a file they send you.

Advertisement