Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PS4 Megathread 3.0

• 02-03-2015 12:37pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Don't know what I did to the last thread to mess it up for some.

So, PS4 stuff then.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭RedXIV

I blame those sneaky xbox folk

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

It was Lizard Squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Hi.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,089 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I would have skipped 3.0 and gone straight to Megathread X. Seems like the way things are going these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,477 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Is The Last of Us any good?

:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Is The Last of Us any good?

Surprisingly so, never bought into the hype when it first came out on the PS3, but picked it up for the PS4 and really enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,477 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Only joshing about TLOU but now that you mention it, I felt the exact same way. I thought it was grand on PS3 but only REALLY enjoyed it on PS4 with multiple playthroughs one after the other.

To get off TLOU, I see US Blog announced new March games for PS Now that will play on PS4:

16036435694_bbcf816ed5_z.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Front page on the same day my Vita arrived.... coincidence? I think not!
    Now I need to spend the rest of my week trying to figure out what the fcuk these mean in real life terms:
    Cross-Play
    Cross-Save
    Cross-Buy
    Cross-Dress

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,793 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

R-Type Dimensions was pretty sweet on XBox 360. Definitely one people should snap up and realise that compared to R-type, Dark Souls is hand holdy casual Call of Duty guff.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5 Dhduxbeusns

Wow a new thread I've early

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Looking forward to this, spent far too many hours playing the original back on the PS2.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,205 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Hey lads here's hoping for a quick draw mcGraw remaster for ps4 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Well this sucks, rang sony and they told me to Initialise my PS4 and reinstall the update going to lose all user accounts and data... I better not lose my Killzone save file again I was literally on the last mission... Don't think my Killzone save files update to the Cloud storage or whatever though which may mean I have to start fresh once more..

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭tgdaly

Love that new thread smell :pac:

tgdaly wrote: »
    Love that new thread smell :pac:

That's not the thread I.just ate a load of garlic bread and bolognese :o

Roughly about 250GB worth of downloads lost... Thats literally going to take me weeks to download on my 8MB connection:mad:... Especially with how poor the downloading is for the PS4...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

Roughly about 250GB worth of downloads lost... Thats literally going to take me weeks to download on my 8MB connection:mad:... Especially with how poor the downloading is for the PS4...

Set up your downloads and then put it into rest mode... It seems to download way way faster that way... I know its still a pain in the clackers, but hopefully a couple of overnights will get the most of it back.

Sorry to hear about that! The downloading really is awful on PS4, the messaging too. It's a pity cause it does a great lot of things well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

Is there anywhere that does a decent deal for a ps4.

I see argos has it priced at 379.99 at the moment, but their out of stock in all the Dublin areas. The deal also offered a game of choice for €33 euro which would save me aprox €50 if it were available as I'd want FIFA 15 with the console.

Hmv, gamestop and all seem to be at 399.99 with no games included.

Anywhere else I'm not checking?

Finical wrote: »
    Is there anywhere that does a decent deal for a ps4.

I see argos has it priced at 379.99 at the moment, but their out of stock in all the Dublin areas. The deal also offered a game of choice for €33 euro which would save me aprox €50 if it were available as I'd want FIFA 15 with the console.

Hmv, gamestop and all seem to be at 399.99 with no games included.

Anywhere else I'm not checking?

From what I can see Argos is pretty much the best price. As you say everywhere else seems to be around 400. DID says 390 but don't know if that includes anything

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

That price in argos is really good.
    Just add in maybe a 2nd controller and PS+ if you want to game online (not all games now require it). Big advantage being the "freebies" each month for the vita / PS3 & PS4

Enjoy your purchase ;)

Set up your downloads and then put it into rest mode... It seems to download way way faster that way... I know its still a pain in the clackers, but hopefully a couple of overnights will get the most of it back.

Yeah thats what I am going to have to do.. Might download Rogue Legacy and Binding of Isaac first as I find myself playing those more so than others... Sucks that I lost my Far Cry 4 and have to redownload though as I am only home on weekends and only have access to the internet with PS4 then..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Just to add a follow to this thread...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Yeah thats what I am going to have to do.. Might download Rogue Legacy and Binding of Isaac first as I find myself playing those more so than others... Sucks that I lost my Far Cry 4 and have to redownload though as I am only home on weekends and only have access to the internet with PS4 then..

Can you ask someone at home to turn it on on say Thurs or Fri - and you then goto the Sony Store on a PC and push it to download?
    Might save you some time.

• Site Banned Posts: 217 ✭✭Father Ted Crilly

This doesn't seem like much of a "megathread".

This doesn't seem like much of a "megathread".

It's 3.0, you missed the 10000+ posts before this. New thread is needed every once in a while to stop the thing glitching

So if I pair my vita with ps4 can I play my games when out and about once I have an Internet connection

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

So if I pair my vita with ps4 can I play my games when out and about once I have an Internet connection

Don't have a vita myself, but Im sure the PS4 needs to be on, and both connected to the same network.

Taltos wrote: »
    Can you ask someone at home to turn it on on say Thurs or Fri - and you then goto the Sony Store on a PC and push it to download?
    Might save you some time.

I have the ps4 in letterkenny with me but will be taking it home Thursday.. Might drop it into my bros to download but can't get it working on his TV so that may be impossible as he has 24mb I'll prob just download what I intend to play anyways and will leave it on all weekend to try finish them all..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Don't have a vita myself, but Im sure the PS4 needs to be on, and both connected to the same network.

If your connection is good enough, they do not need to be on the same network.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement