Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Posy wrote: »

Krudler- a video interview?? I've never heard of them before. Why don't they have face to face interviews, is it for a job far away or something? :confused:

nope its only in galway, am in limerick, will have to do it tomorrow my net keeps clapping out on me and what i was wearing was way too dark when i saw it on the test video they let you record, i wasnt in the form for it after all that :pac: not to self, black shirts do not show up well on webcams. I haaaate seing myself talk on camera so playing it back is cringe, dont mind hearing myself, i hear my own voice at work all the time, but when you see yourself on camera you look...backward lol I dont have a symmeticral face either so it looks fcuking weird

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

I made flapjacks.
    Not quite cake, but healtier i suppose....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭brainyneuron

Big :D:D:D:D First paycheck in work since I started last May (did an internship with them and now i'm on a 3 month paid contract)
    :rolleyes: Working twice the hours I did in my retail job, and getting less money :p Ah well, I love the job, I finally get to be a scientist :p:p:D

:D:D 6 weeks into outdoor bootcamp (rebel bootcamp in cork) and I'm finally feeling a bit fitter and quite enjoyed the session today, tough but felt the proper endorphin high after it (usually i only get that after jogging)

:eek::confused::o On a course on Sat thats a tad terrifying, I know it'll be good but its gonna be harrrd work.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

krudler wrote: »
    I haaaate seing myself talk on camera so playing it back is cringe, dont mind hearing myself, i hear my own voice at work all the time, but when you see yourself on camera you look...backward lol I dont have a symmeticral face either so it looks fcuking weird
    Oh God, I look AWFUL on webcams.. I always look really weird.
    I must be unsymmetrical too. :(

(I hate hearing my voice played back too though, I sound like I'm about 12 years old and have a very odd accent on tape.) :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Having some Aldi fruit and custard strudel now, so delicious!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

I haaaate hearing my voice played back to me. I have quite the D4 accent, from being around Dublin people in college. It sounds so affected but I can't help it :o

I pick up accents very easily, though thankfully I never had the flat Offaly accent!

EmilyO wrote: »
    I pick up accents very easily
    I'm like that, I have to be careful around people with accents in case it sounds like I'm taking the piss!! :o

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

krudler wrote: »
    nope its only in galway

I know where it is. And just so you know, if you get it you will be working in a building across from where I work.

*Orders stalking binoculars from Amazon*

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Aww no why? Did you buy that purple one that I was saying I have in black?

Can't believe they've gone down to 20 yo yos - mine was 60 (though I only payed 45) but it's still less than half what I paid. :eek:

White/Cream lace one and the one with the red spots. Both horrendous on me :(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

Despite being bogger101, I've been told I have a touch of a northern accent! Clearly picked that up from the boy.

Hate being out at home, always get the
    "where you from"
    - Tullamore.
    "where's the accent from?"
    - Tullamore
    "it's not."
    - it is, I just happened to finish school.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

And it's such an amazing feeling looking at your baby and seeing both yourself and your OH looking back.

She has my ears, my mouth, my skin tone, my eyes, shape and colour and my temper, worlds shortest temper baby. She has dimples too but here's hoping they fade and I'm unsure where she gets them from as I have them and both her uncles on her dads side have them.

She has a very distinct daddy nose, and she creases her brows just like he does when he's concentrating. She also has his incredibly large feet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭sarahbro

My grandad started chemo today!
    Which.is great cos he wasn't well enough for it last week.
    I should be happy, but it's still terminal- chemo or not.
    So I don't really know what to feel right now :s

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

I am so drunk. Why did I go out tonight?! Funny night though. College will be a bit crap tomorrow. Argh.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Lots of wine and I probably won't make it out of bed in the morning. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

mmmm lidl luxury fruit & nut muesli, exactly the same as marks and sparks 'super luxury fruit, nut & seed' muesli but a third of the price. <pats pocket full of change asda style>

Thursday already though! How'd that happen

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

I'm at "Soft Kitty" needing level of sick. And the receptionist in college doctors did her snotty thing again with "Oh sure youll be grand til next Thursday". No love, I said "soon as possible" for a reason.... :/

Thursday already though! How'd that happen
    This week has been dragging in for me.. Thank God it's Thursday! This day better go fast!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

i had a pastry because. yes, because.

:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I'm at "Soft Kitty" needing level of sick. And the receptionist in college doctors did her snotty thing again with "Oh sure youll be grand til next Thursday". No love, I said "soon as possible" for a reason.... :/

There ya go.

My kettle decided to just stop working last night. Didn't realise how much I needed a kettle until it broke.

It's almost Friday. Yay !

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Good feedback from my boss in my quarterly review.

Yass!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

My kettle decided to just stop working last night. Didn't realise how much I needed a kettle until it broke.

It's almost Friday. Yay !

we use the microwave at home

• Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭confusticated

Blush_01 wrote: »
    Posy - video interviews, and video CVs are the new fad in recruitment. Video CVs in particular are the rage in the USA.

:eek::eek::eek: I'm applying for jobs at the moment, this better not become the norm over here! Cover letters are bad enough without a sample interview of you talking about how great you are!

Also, I bought a dress on ebay for a ball, and thought it wouldn't arrive on time, but it came this morning. Problem is, my mam thought it was her parcel from amazon, ripped it open with a scissors and cut a big hole in the middle of the dress. :( I know it's only a dress, and it wasn't expensive, but...:(

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

So tired this morning it's not even funny. Put an extra shot of espresso in my morning coffee and put an extra sugar in, hoping that will work... roll on the weekend and a nice long lie-in.

Have an awful feeling that I'm going to end up getting stuck watching the first half of the Man U match on a stream at work later :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Ophiopogon

I just put the same jumper on three times backwards....I need Coffee!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ellieh1

Brought my daughter to get her photograph taken a few weeks ago and am going to see the photos in an hour, cant wait :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Went to The Phantom Menace in the flicks last night, just for old time's sake. My opinion remains unchanged - too much Jar Jar Binks, not enough Darth Maul.

Supposed to be going to some screeening of The Vow in Dundrum tonight, but A) I hate chick flicks and B) I might actually kill myself after it given what's happening with my marriage, so I think I'll go, get the free bubbly and the goodie bag, then go and sit in the bar in Harvey Nicks for the duration.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Had a great night last night, delighted I decided to stay in the hotel, which was brilliant. Lectures this evening, gonna be a few very sore heads if last night was anything to go by!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Ah man.. Bought my OH a hockey jersey for his birthday on ebay. Just got it and it's absolutely massive. Can't send it back so have to think of something else to get him. Stress.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

And so it continues, cut my other index finger with a scissors. I really want to go back to bed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Some guy screamed 'fúck you!' repeatedly in my face yesterday evening on my way to the train station. Never seen him before in my life, it was really intimidating, f-ing nutjob :mad: I'm like catnip to those people.

Cannot wait for this week to be over, I've been going for nearly two weeks straight either at work or college, I need a break!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement