Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

I wonder if Kirsty will be killed in the fire? That would be two of Tyrone's partners that have been killed in accidents.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

syklops wrote: »

I understood that as Kylie being the one who hits the bottle.

I think you're right :o

In my innocence I didn't think that Kylie would drink while pregnant :(

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

I think the fire is to explain the differences between the old set and the new one at MediaCity. From pictures it looks as if the new set has a bigger Rovers with some extra windows.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,754 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Really hope the fire had nothing to do with Kirsty's exit. With how far this story had gone more the only way is can end is Kirsty getting publicly disgraced, and prison. A coffin exit would be too muchof a cop out.

The writers had the makings of a brilliant, powerful storyline. But they overcomplicated it, sensationalised it and now there's no going back.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,986 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Nice to see a softer helpful unjudgemental side to Peter and Carla tonight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Tindie

Really hope the fire had nothing to do with Kirsty's exit. With how far this story had gone more the only way is can end is Kirsty getting publicly disgraced, and prison. A coffin exit would be too muchof a cop out.

The writers had the makings of a brilliant, powerful storyline. But they overcomplicated it, sensationalised it and now there's no going back.

I heard there as been two ending filmed, One Where Kirsty goes down or one were ty goes down.

I think going to be the same week as the fire!
    BGT Week, When Corrie at 9pm! I guessing

The baddies always seem to go on that week, With Tony, John, Kirsty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭maurasmith50

Did I detect a hint of doubt in Eileens beady eye when Fizz confronted Kirsty on the street and Kirty nearly lost it??

That guy Owen has violence written all over him.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Aseth wrote: »
    I m also very curious about Sarah-Louise as she was in Corrie before I started to watch it.
    I hope the actress who plays her has got a bit more acting experience or changed the character a bit, as all she used to do was stick her neck out and shout in peoples faces:rolleyes:

JP Liz V1 Nice to see a softer helpful unjudgemental side to Peter and Carla tonight
    yeah I thought Peter was genuine when he was picking up for Tyrone and said he wouldn't hurt anybody, his words worked on Carla and it was nice to see her step in and help Fiz out of a situation. There is a nice side to Carla which we don't see too much

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭deedeemac12

I have lost interest in Kirsty/Tyrone story line, its dragged on to long. I have no interest in the Faye story line also. Have the Plats become the most interesting people on the street? Never thought that would happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

I am laughing everytime Gail mentions the box room:D and the fact that she is up there with Max with her warm heater watching telly with him is really annoying Kylie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

I can't bear Gail going on and on about her 'box room'. For frig sake....they haven't bought the house yet. David and Kylie must do absolutely nothing in the house, Gail usually does all the cooking and she never has an iron out of her hand.

It might be Jemma's mum (name?) or Gloria who's the other fire victim. They may have brought Gloria back for a brief storyline just to have someone else to kill off. I'd be surprised if the fire happens around the same time as the trial without somehow blending the two incidents together. I can imagine Tyrone's name being cleared, mad Kirsty to do a runner with Roo-beh and end up on the Rovers roof. Then Jason or little Paul will rescue the child.

I was surprised to hear Peter talking sense about Tyrone...pure stupid though the fact that people who know him best don't believe him and yet there goes Peter who doesn't really know him all that well who's willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. Ridiculous.

How did Anna manage to adopt Faye without the natural dad signing? Surely he wasn't that hard to get hold of. Anna should have more sense, she's being totally irrational. If the dad has been cleared then she has no choice but to let Faye see him, she's not a baby, she could resent Anna for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,667 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Tyrone and Kirsty, the truth will come out as what is the point of the storyline if he goes down for it when they are trying to make people understand that it does happen to lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭u_c_thesecond

MugMugs wrote: »
    Gail still owns the house and has instantly given up her room.

Tonight was stupid really was. Boiler packs in and david goes "Dont you have house insurance and she goes "No' So its one of 2 things, she either stopped paying the house insurance whichs a bit thick, or she was just refusing to get it fixed which is also thick because a broken boilers just going to lower the houses estimate value- Duh

Also Off topic here but are boilers covered by house insurance because mine wasnt when it blew last year. If not then major gaffe by the writers
    JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    "Will landlady Stella fall victim to the fire? Bad guy Karl?

Yes Please
    Oh and throw Faye, Owen and Sylvia on for good measure
    syklops wrote: »
    +1 gorgeous. ;)
    Ugh.
    Yep death has to be better than a life with Eileen :p

Id say he
    proposes
    and the fire happens during their
    engagment party and he dies
    That guy Owen has violence written all over him.

Said earlier in thread ive a feeling he will be involved in a domestic voilence story with Anna- Hes a thug!

There must be some reason Corrie keep showing him freaking with rage and id say thats why
    Ann22 wrote: »

little Paul will rescue the child.

Lol

Ann22 wrote: »
    How did Anna manage to adopt Faye without the natural dad signing?

Well Satan was prob very busy:D That child is the brattiest kid ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

LizT wrote: »
    This will be like the tram crash all over again, the second person will be some randomer in the pub.

They've been doing this for years. I remember when the "Who raped Toyah?" (Leanne's sister) story came out I immediately thought, I bet its that guy who has only been in it the past two weeks.

By the way does anyone else think it is so bloody ridiculous that well presented Stella would ever make a kid (Leanne) with Les Battersby? (Favorite couple ever were Les and Cilla... who has a wedding just to get gifts?!)

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭Aseth

casio4 wrote: »
    JP Liz V1 Nice to see a softer helpful unjudgemental side to Peter and Carla tonight
    yeah I thought Peter was genuine when he was picking up for Tyrone and said he wouldn't hurt anybody, his words worked on Carla and it was nice to see her step in and help Fiz out of a situation. There is a nice side to Carla which we don't see too much
    I am surprised - there were few stories on the cobbles when people were wrongly accused but nobody seems to remember it anymore :rolleyes: And I really enjoyed those scenes with Carla today.
    I have lost interest in Kirsty/Tyrone story line, its dragged on to long. I have no interest in the Faye story line also. Have the Plats become the most interesting people on the street? Never thought that would happen.
    +1
    That child is the brattiest kid ever.
    +1

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

I reckon Gloria will die in the fire

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

leahyl wrote: »
    I reckon Gloria will die in the fire

I can't stand her either (I turn into a right cat when I come in here) heheh

Is it just me or was Anna doing anybody elses nuts in last night when she was killing Owen?

I like seriously, you've made your point lass..... drop it a bit !

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Nice to see a softer helpful unjudgemental side to Peter and Carla tonight

Peter is more like Ken than he realises. Ken wouldn't judge either I think.
    Carla doesn't thrive on gossip and drama (like her workers do)

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭Aseth

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Aseth wrote: »
    OhMyGawd.jpg
    I feel kind of sorry for
    Chesney
    after reading that :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭peewee_44

I stopped watching Emmerdale and now I fear Corrie is next. I agree with a poster about I wish Faye would just do one she is a pan in the rectum and as for this stupid stupid Tyrone story I can't stand it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

• Registered Users Posts: 17,754 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

So i'm guessing the Corrie editors are going to be busy for the next few days...

19 charges, including rape of a child. They'll have to kill him off screen. I know charges don't mean he's guilty but I don't think ITV will want to take a chance.

iguana wrote: »
    19 charges, including rape of a child. They'll have to kill him off screen. I know charges don't mean he's guilty but I don't think ITV will want to take a chance.

He'll probably just be left out of the script for a while with Sally making a vague reference to him going to look after a sick relative.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 329 ✭✭Cereal Number

Did you hear about your man is a peedo supposedly?

Did you hear about your man is a peedo supposedly?

Read the posts above yours.

Mod hat: Let's bear in mind that while the police and CPS have probably not pressed charges lightly, Turner is innocent until proven guilty, so posters need to keep that in mind while posting.
    And please don't speculate wildly about who his alleged victim is. These are serious charges and this case is real life, so the types of comments that are regularly made about characters and storylines won't be tolerated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

well i guess we know who the second victim of the fire will be...

id love it if they did have Kevin and jack in the pub fire, Jack could need a blood transfusion, Kevin while injured agrees to donate but they test and find he's not a match, Sally goes confused and eventually calls tyrone who comes in finds out he is a match and the DNA company Kevin used years ago has been shut down as they were getting too many results wrong.

The hospital does a proper DNA test and find Ty is the dad and him Jack rubeh and fiz and hope become a family....

Kevin then passes away with his injuries/grief over losing his 'son'.

Voila storyline fixed! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

hoodwinked wrote: »
    well i guess we know who the second victim of the fire will be...

id love it if they did have Kevin and jack in the pub fire, Jack could need a blood transfusion, Kevin while injured agrees to donate but they test and find he's not a match, Sally goes confused and eventually calls tyrone who comes in finds out he is a match and the DNA company Kevin used years ago has been shut down as they were getting too many results wrong.

The hospital does a proper DNA test and find Ty is the dad and him Jack rubeh and fiz and hope become a family....

Kevin then passes away with his injuries/grief over losing his 'son'.

Voila storyline fixed! :D
    You're a natural! You should apply for a job with Corrie writers :)
    Its a lot better then what they will come up with going by the last few stories!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement