Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Navy - Notre Dame, 2012 [TOUTING IS FORBIDDEN AND WILL LEAD TO PERMABANS: #205 #628]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

Finally official confirmation :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,678 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Sh1t, I'm busy that day.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Awesome news. What are we looking at for ticket prices/release dates?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,162 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

When I saw the title I said to myself ''ugh, another thread telling us they are playing here in 2012''. But now I'm happy :).

Can't wait for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Better decision for them to pick Aviva over Croker. Going to be an awesome game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,109 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

You'll all have other things on your minds in 2012. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

American Football Forum Beers before hand ftw

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Archimedes wrote: »
    Awesome news. What are we looking at for ticket prices/release dates?

If the Armenia and Munster Leinster match is anything to go by than bloody high

cooker3 wrote: »
    If the Armenia and Munster Leinster match is anything to go by than bloody high

The FAI and IRFU wont have anything to do with ticket prices for this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,144 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

The FAI and IRFU wont have anything to do with ticket prices for this one.

Except they own the stadium and set the rent. It's unlikely to be cheap

• Advertisement

Dodge wrote: »
    Except they own the stadium and set the rent. It's unlikely to be cheap

If they go with the prices of either of the 2, They will most likely be the same as the FAI prices which some say are high but having been in many stadiums in the US and Europe they are about average.

Lower tier is €75 but the Upper Tier is €45. This is about the same as Most US stadiums. So if people consider that expensive they are paying the same as the average in the US. Have BC Eagles tickets for this weekend in Alumni and paid €65 for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭bobby wade

does price matter ?????

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭raddo

Can't wait!! Will be great to see American Football being played here!

As for the price, its 101 weeks away, so starting this week put a euro away each week and you should get a super seat!!!:P

bobby wade wrote: »
    does price matter ?????

Not to most here, but this game ins't about the 50 or so regular users here.

It'll need a fair bit of pushing to sell out.

Not to most here, but this game ins't about the 50 or so regular users here.

It'll need a fair bit of pushing to sell out.

Don't forget the fair few hundred IAFL folk, the UK football fans, European football fans and then the many thousand Alumni knocking about Europe and those who will travel. I can them selling the game in the Aviva regardless of ticket cost to be honest.

Obviously i was kidding about the 50 or so in here but sometimes we get so caught up in it (Saturday all day NCAA, Sunday all day NFL, MNF, fantast teams, etc etc) that people don't realise that we're still a minority sport here.

The NFL is having trouble selling out wembley this year and thats a bigger brand.

I hope the navy game sells out (and I'll be there) but I don't think anyone should be complacent and not help to push this to a sell out

Obviously i was kidding about the 50 or so in here but sometimes we get so caught up in it (Saturday all day NCAA, Sunday all day NFL, MNF, fantast teams, etc etc) that people don't realise that we're still a minority sport here.

Definitely know all about that. Try coaching a team here. Tis hard work convincing players to join. But I have noticed the interest is growing at an extremely fast rate and to be honest I know more converts to the sport now than I did even 2 to 3 years ago.
    The NFL is having trouble selling out wembley this year and thats a bigger brand.

Agree, But Wembley hold 86,000 when they play American Football there and 86,000 is always going to be harder to fill than 50,000 of the Aviva. One of the reasons the NCAA, Navy and ND went with Aviva Id say.
    I hope the navy game sells out (and I'll be there) but I don't think anyone should be complacent and not help to push this to a sell out

I agree 100%. What will help it here like it does in the UK is the fact there is a large community of American Football Teams, Coaches, Players and fans that will help push it. And as the NCAA and the two colleges would have had to gone through the national body in Ireland i.e Irish American Football Association I am sure they are all going to work together to get this game sold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Cant wait for this already! Stadium is beautiful and comfortable, prices for food and stuff liek that was exspensive when I was there for the last couple of Ireland matches so expect that to be the same.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

Subscribing to thread so I can get updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

I must be the only who one on this forum who doesn't give a damn about college football.
    Ticket prices do matter to me in this respect. If they are high ,which I fully expect them to be, I likely would not go.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭fermoyboy

Who will be in control of selling tickets for this? General sale through ticketmaster or will Notre Dame have control?

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭bobby wade

fermoyboy wrote: »
    Who will be in control of selling tickets for this? General sale through ticketmaster or will Notre Dame have control?

It's a Navy home game soif any of the colleges had control it would be Navy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

There will be a hell of a lot of supporters coming over from the States so tickets mightn't be as plentiful as you'd expect!

Plus you'll get all the townies with their 'Fighting Irish' tattoos thinking it'll be 'f*&Kin rapid' to come along.

Plus you'll get all the townies with their 'Fighting Irish' tattoos thinking it'll be 'f*&Kin rapid' to come along.

Not at 50 quid a pop they wont

• Registered Users Posts: 4,354 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

stood on the hill at croke park in November 96 when these two played there.

Tickets were for nothing, like £6 if I recall, and got a small, but decent enough crowd. With the economy headed back to 1996 levels, they can't justify charging more than 20-30 euro for tickets to this.

They can justify anything in their own little world. I'm not presuming anything but I'd be amazed if tickets aren't at least €50

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

Even as a Gators fan i'm looking forward to this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭cheesehead

Linked is an article about Notre Dame found in this week's New York-based Irish Voice newspaper. Niall O'Dowd is the Irish-born founder and editor of the newspaper:

http://www.irishcentral.com/story/news/periscope/notre-dames-irish-tribe-returns-104966119.html

Advertisement