Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Quicktime; no picture just sound

• 10-11-2006 10:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭

Sorry if this is the wrong place (mods please move if it is) but i recently updated iTunes and no find that my quicktime application has been effected, it won't displey the picture on 3gp files or MPG4 files , it plays the audio and the screen is all distorted and green, just lines really, like a badly tuned in old telly.
    has anyone else come across this

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Reinstall quicktime. And download the k-lite mega pack. This is just a codec pack, with a media player. This should sort it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

didn't work
    thanks anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Personally I would remove the K-Lite mega codec pack those only cause more problems by overloading the system with redundant codecs.

Check the properties of QuickTime is it associated with content you speak of. On the advanced tab under video is Direct-X mode enabled if so what's video playback like under GDI safe mode ?

Did these files play in QuickTime before as QT does not have a very good MPEG-4 decoder ?

Select the QuickTime 7.3.1 standalone (no iTunes) and re-install QT and see what happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

already installed QT 7.3.1, have played the files before, switched to GDI safe mode and it worked, thanks man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

You might want to update your video drivers or Direct-X if you wish to switch back to Direct-X video rendering instead of GDI mode.

What caused the issue I don't know perhaps Apple's latest build of QT requires something newer in your system in the DX area.

This is the latest build of Direct-X from October 2006.

If you use QuickTime for playing MPEG-4 there are a lot better decoders out their that will even play MPEG-4 in Apples .mov container.

Install ffdhow and Haali Media Splitter and Windows Media Player can handle almost everything including Apples HD videos.

• Advertisement
Advertisement