Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

interview for TV AND MEDIA PRODUCTION

Options
  • 05-05-2015 8:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭

Hi

I applied for TV AND MEDIA PRODUCTION production course in Carlow IT And got an allocated intervew date. The problem is I ve never been on any interviews in any third level college.
    Can somebody explain to me what should I prepare for an interview? What kind of questions they ask? Should I have to show them some portfolio? Really really would like to get into this course. Can anybody who are already studying TV AND MEDIA PRODUCTION in Carlow IT answer to this question and/or give me some tips?

Thank you

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,260 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Have a look at this thread: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057141962

In terms of the interview you won't be asked anything difficult, they just want to ascertain whether you're actually interested in the course. Just do your research, sound enthusiastic and show interest and you should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭arcius

Have a look at this thread: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057141962

In terms of the interview you won't be asked anything difficult, they just want to ascertain whether you're actually interested in the course. Just do your research, sound enthusiastic and show interest and you should be fine.

I've already read that thread :) Sound promising and interesting. This probably pushed me to apply for this course. But I heard some other colleges ask specific technical questions about script writing, some technical details of movies I watched etc. Hope it wont be anything like that in this interview. Thank you for your answer ;)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,260 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

arcius wrote: »
    I've already read that thread :) Sound promising and interesting. This probably pushed me to apply for this course. But I heard some other colleges ask specific technical questions about script writing, some technical details of movies I watched etc. Hope it wont be anything like that in this interview. Thank you for your answer ;)

Maybe read up on some basics, but they'll have to assume all students come in knowing nothing, they're there to educate you sure!

Advertisement