Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

200 mins, 200 texts 1gb data - €15

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭07438991

Leslie91 wrote: »
    Generally speaking the operator should give you the unlock code for the phone. But if you got it as part of a contract with that operator, you'd probably have to clear most if not all of the contract before they'd give you the unlock code.

The SIM card is same as regular size for iPhone 3, smaller for the 4.

I have a Nokia E63 so the iphone is a smaller simcard then. How much are they to get made?

hey guys - this really is a great deal - what's the coverage from Meteor like these days - esp down in Cork?

Sorry, coverage not great in your area. You will prob ably have to move to Dublin to get the most out of this offer... ;)

Thanks for calling Meteor customer services,

Goodbye... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

hey guys - this really is a great deal - what's the coverage from Meteor like these days - esp down in Cork?

I found it very reliable and consistent, with time spent mainly East Cork.

Just thought that I would tell people that it took me 4 days to finally get my new number on my bill pay sim card switched back over to my old number. This is ridiculous, given that I rang Meteor 3 times and all I got was promises...

Also, Meteor doesn't even bother to contact you to inform you that the switch has taken place, you just realise when you call someone and they see your name again or when you starting getting phone calls again!

I think it's funny because Meteor we able to contact me to tell me that they were taking €50 deposit out of my account; it's actually a precaution in case I don't pay my bills!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,800 ✭✭✭take everything

Is this any good for 400 mins a month.
    In other words, if you go over 200 mins can you top up by another 15 for another 200.
    I suspect not but just want to check.

I'm guessing the Tescomobile 500mins for 30 euro would be more suitable for this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sarah88

when i signed up to the deal customer service told me i will be paying a month in advance on my first bill, and my last bill will be free, is this the same for very one else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Gareth2011

sarah88 wrote: »
    when i signed up to the deal customer service told me i will be paying a month in advance on my first bill, and my last bill will be free, is this the same for very one else?

Never heard of that. When you pay a month in advance it usually get refunded to your bill 6 months down the line. Their not going to give you a final bill for free if you only paid (eg:30 euro) advance and the final bill is 100 squid. The agent got it wrong as can happen quiet alot with meteor. I lost my phone yesterday and I called meteor about it. The guy barred all calls and told me if I needed a new sim I could order it throught my meteor or go into a meteor shop. I went online to do it and it says you can order it through customer care (who told me I couldn't).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

sarah88 wrote: »

Porky pies.

No such thing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I bought my sim back in November, but me being a lazy bum I still haven't actually activated it! But I just checked my account and they haven't applied the discount, so I've been double charged the last couple of months, it's a good thing I noticed because it would have left me too little in the bank to cover another very important direct debit!!!

Also, I noticed they started billing me from the day I bought the sim, which was a Friday! I obviously wouldn't have even gotten the thing until Monday at least! It's only a couple of euro but that's bloody cheeky tbh.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

I bought my sim back in November, but me being a lazy bum I still haven't actually activated it! But I just checked my account and they haven't applied the discount, so I've been double charged the last couple of months, it's a good thing I noticed because it would have left me too little in the bank to cover another very important direct debit!!!

Also, I noticed they started billing me from the day I bought the sim, which was a Friday! I obviously wouldn't have even gotten the thing until Monday at least! It's only a couple of euro but that's bloody cheeky tbh.

You should not be getting billed if you haven't activated the SIM. What are you getting billed for, you have no use of a service.

The same thing happened to me. Get on to stuff@meteor.ie . They told me it was a mistake and that billing should only commence from activation.

• Advertisement

Thanks for that, I only activated the sim yesterday.

Did it take them long to respond to the email?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Thanks for that, I only activated the sim yesterday.

Did it take them long to respond to the email?

Literally 10 minutes.

Meteor responded to me saying that I should be billed from the day I signed up, spockety I don't suppose you still have email saying you should have only been billed from date of activation?

Or even if you have the name of who told you that, cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Zab

You should definitely not be billed until the sim at least arrived. I had €1.50 credited to my account for that reason :/

As far as no bill until activation, you may have a harder time arguing that one. You signed up and they made the service available to you, so they did their bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭seanin4711

anyone on here actually have a total bill of €15?
    I know I never have with all the add on charges they are as bad as ryanair ffs!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭loopymum

seanin4711 wrote: »
    I know I never have with all the add on charges they are as bad as ryanair ffs!!!

What other add on charges? You have me worried now, just rang up today and they will be transferring me on my next billing date.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,521 ✭✭✭savemejebus

i think 15.50 was my last bill and the extra 50 cent was due to vat and my sending an international text or two.

So i have to say i'm very happy with this deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

got a text earlier to say ring their sales line, that they have accepted my order online.so i did ring them.they asked for a 50 euro deposit, that i get back after 6 months and i get back if i decide to leave the contract.
    i asked what it would be every month and he said 15.25,then i asked could i cancel anytime, he said yes but with 30 days notice and it can be done over the phone.
    the bill activation kicks in straight away even though i dont have the sim.and he said the sim would arrive either tomorrow or the day after.

would this be everyones experience?or close to it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭CuppaCocoa

Ordered a sim and am hoping to switch to this deal from 02 billpay after many many years with them. Currently I use my hotspot to tether my iphone to my laptop. Before I sign any papers committing myself to this deal - can I still do this with Meteor? Bit of a bummer if I can't. No point in switching. Three don't allow new customers to tether so can't go there :(

Nope. My first 2 bills have been a complete disaster. No discount, a charge for overdue amount etc. Nitemare.

Have no issue with the extra for an international text or something done while roaming but the regular bill F ups is a real pain. They tell me my next bill will be fine. Oh to see a bill somewhere near €15.

• Advertisement

crazygeryy wrote: »
    got a text earlier to say ring their sales line, that they have accepted my order online.so i did ring them.they asked for a 50 euro deposit, that i get back after 6 months and i get back if i decide to leave the contract.
    i asked what it would be every month and he said 15.25,then i asked could i cancel anytime, he said yes but with 30 days notice and it can be done over the phone.
    the bill activation kicks in straight away even though i dont have the sim.and he said the sim would arrive either tomorrow or the day after.

would this be everyones experience?or close to it?

U should be billed from the day u get the SIM i.e. port over asap. As for the €50 deposit never heard that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭pissed

Just signed up on this myself. Was undecided between this deal and the AYCED with three. Seeing as Three have banned tethering on new accounts it kinda swung it in favour of Meteor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭pissed

How long does it take for the sim to be sent out? I take it I will have to ring them or will the sim be ported as I opted to port on the application?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭Simi

pissed wrote: »
    How long does it take for the sim to be sent out? I take it I will have to ring them or will the sim be ported as I opted to port on the application?

Took 3days for mine to come. You will have to ring them & it will take 24-48hrs for your number to be ported so do it the second you get the sim. They won't transfer it over until you prod them.

Simi wrote: »
    pissed wrote: »

Took 3days for mine to come. You will have to ring them & it will take 24-48hrs for your number to be ported so do it the second you get the sim. They won't transfer it over until you prod them.

Yes exactly the same as me.I'm in the middle of waiting for then to port my old number.24 to.48 hrs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

17.25 Euro this month. I was paying 35 on contract.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭CuppaCocoa

Just be aware that you will not be able to roam when you switch over until you pay an upfront fee of €60 or wait until you've paid your first two bills. I wasn't aware of this and had to contact them because I thought my number hadn't ported over. Turned out that as I was up in Newry my phone was blocked because of having no roaming and had already been ported over. I didn't realise this and thought the 'no service' message was because it hadn't switched over. Hopefully when I go back over the border tonight it will pick up the signal!

I hate the way u loose all your credit when u go to bill pay.surely its transferable in some way.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Francescoli

I hate the way u loose all your credit when u go to bill pay.surely its transferable in some way.

Its a pain alright.

• Advertisement

Just use your credit first, hardly rocket science.

Advertisement