Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vegetarian (etc.) bargains/special offers thread

Comments

Aldi does veggie gummies! Yahey! :D

I've been using Aldis own flax and seed mixes. They come in at under 3euro.
    And I don't find a difference.

I'm going to try some plankton based dha supplements though, I've found some on www.iherb.com. To compare results with seed based efa supplements.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

Dunnes

Quorn roast - not advertised as "on special" in my local Dunnes (Rathmines) but scanning at €3...thanks Clare Bear for that tip!
    Indeed, my freezer has a few of those in there but I forgot to share the knowledge.
    The "chicken" soup looks good too. Mock-a-doodle-do. Although I'm not a fan of the Avonmore soups... too gllopy. Scully & Cully or Baxters for me.

Slaphead07 wrote: »
    Although I'm not a fan of the Avonmore soups... too gllopy. Scully & Cully or Baxters for me.

Premade soup is a travesty against humankind.
    Buy a stick blender and never look back!

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭bedlamaticable

Aldi, Thurday 15th April
    Haribo 'Funny-Mix' Veggie Jellies, 99c :)

http://aldi.ie/ie/html/offers/special_buys3_12641.htm

ZOMG! I see a cola bottle in there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Aldi, Thurday 15th April

Can't wait to see the face of the person at the till when I pick up about 20 of these :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Melia

Aldi, Thurday 15th April

If I could thank this multiple times I would.

I wonder how early is too early to arrive and camp outside Aldi?

Moonbaby wrote: »
    Premade soup is a travesty against humankind.
    Buy a stick blender and never look back!

Oh I agree 100% but occasionally the ready-made stuff is handy.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Avonmore and Rankin soups are great.

I don't believe either of you. Ye are related to soup people...aren't you!

• Advertisement

I'm busted. yeah... I'm part of a soup ring... what of it?

/Cowers....((((MAHmie!)))

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Mary-Ellen

Aldi, Thurday 15th April

Just a reminder today's the special day :D

I wonder how many bags I can carry out without looking too weird. :pac::pac::pac:

Mary-Ellen wrote: »
    Just a reminder today's the special day :D

I wonder how many bags I can carry out without looking too weird. :pac::pac::pac:

NNOO i was in there this morning and I forgot all about it!
    /headwall

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Melia

Aldi, Thurday 15th April

Thanks again for posting this.

Aldi in Parnell Street still had plenty of these this morning - the cashier laughed at me for buying five bags of Haribo and nothing else...

I've just emerged from a sugar-induced coma.

Haribo, you delicious bastards.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭DonnieScribbles

Perlenbacher six pack only €4.29 in Lidl! (Since monday)

Seemed worth posting :p

Cheap nuts and seeds in Aldi from Thursday.

http://www.aldi.ie/ie/html/offers/offers_week17Thursday10.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Mary-Ellen

The tesco meal deal veggie option this week is yummy.

Main
    Veg lasagne (Sweet potato, red pepper and spinach)

Sides:
    Green beans and caramized onions with almonds
    (I definately recomend this and will be giving a go at recreating):D
    mashed root veg
    or chips

Dessert:
    Caramel and choccie tart (hmmmmm)
    There's a few others I can remember

With wine/orange juice for 10 euro

And thanks Moonbaby :)
    I'll be popping to aldi at some stage

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭europhile

Just bought a bottle of Nugan cabernet shiraz in Centra beside the train station in Drumcondra for EU5.99. I've drunk a lot worse before for three times the price.

Nugan Estate €10.69 – now €7.69
    · Chardonnay
    · Sauvignon Blanc
    · Shiraz
    · Cabernet

Nugan Third Generation €8.99 promo €5.99
    · Shiraz/Cabernet
    · Chardonnay
    · Shiraz
    · Semillon/Chardonnay

Promo runs till Sat 19th Sept

From the producer's email;

"Nugan Estate uses:

Casein / Skim Milk Powder for removal of phenolics in Botrytis Semillon *. Milk & Milk Products are not consumed by Vegans (but is/may be consumed by Vegetarians). Casein / Skim Milk is not used in any other products for fining at Nugan Estate.

We do not (nor have ever) use Animal Products (eg: Gelatin, Isinglass, etc) & thus, all wines produced at Nugan Estate are compliant for Vegetarians. "

So it looks like all of the above are suitable for vegans.

*Botrytis Semillon is neither stocked nor on promotion by the above retailers.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 AVL5

I bought a Lemon Sorbet carton in Tesco on Friday - it's clearly labelled as "suitable for vegans" and the price was EUR 1.49
    (I hope this qualifies as a special offer! I had never seen vegan lemon sorbet in Tesco before!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Thoushaltnot

Thanks for the Haribo tip - got 10 packets, then went back a couple of days later and got the last 3. I've sent Aldi a thank you email for that and the Granose veggie pates.

BTW, spotted bags of those Haribo "Funny Mix" sweets in Holland and Barret, Swan Centre, Rathmines for €1.39..for the hard-up. Still no sign of those veggie Haribo "Jelly Beans" in my local SuperQuinn in Ranelagh.

Not much doing, bargain-wise, at the mo but Dunnes are selling Traditional Cheese Co. cheese (veggie rennet) - 400g blocks for €3.

Are those granose pates nice ThouShaltnot?

Yup - I thought so. Especially the Shiitake one. They all have a slight smokey taste going on and not as solid as a Brussels pate. I'm sure they're not to everybody's taste but defo a great standby for a picnic or a buffet. Nice alternative to butter in a sambo. I think all 3 are suitable for vegans but they do contain yeast. For 99c, ye cannae go far wrong.

The 336g bags of frozen Quorn sausages are half price at €1.27 in Tesco Dundrum (and presumably, all the bigger better Tescos). Till the 25th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭ Fernanda Purring Schoolgirl

there's bags of sprouted beans and stuff in Tesco for €1.39 and €1.99 depending on what they are, the only ones I can remember are mung beans though. Pretty handy.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

supervalu 2 tins of mixed beans 1.75...I'm going to buy 100 :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Getwellsoon

supervalu 2 tins of mixed beans 1.75...I'm going to buy 100 :p

You will be farting a lot. Thanks for the heads up on this one, supervalu is round the corner from my house and I haven't seen this offer there. Gonna go look tomorrow, I loves me my mixed beans I does!!

Talking of supervalu, they had an offer on their own crisps, buy one get one free, I think it's still on - their 100g packs of onion rings and bacon fries. They are vegan! :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

100g packs of onion rings and bacon fries. They are vegan!
    OMG! To the nearest Supervalu I must go!!!

You will be farting a lot. Thanks for the heads up on this one, supervalu is round the corner from my house and I haven't seen this offer there. Gonna go look tomorrow, I loves me my mixed beans I does!!

Talking of supervalu, they had an offer on their own crisps, buy one get one free, I think it's still on - their 100g packs of onion rings and bacon fries. They are vegan! :pac::pac::pac:

Oh I'm actually out the door now with my bag just with the aim of buying lots of beans and eh a packet of chilli peanuts

• Advertisement

Just bought 24! Offer extends to butter beans, chick peas, kidney beans, chili kidney beans.

Advertisement