Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Guinness and Rollies - Off topic chat!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Morning Lynda (and any lurkers in here) how are we all today?

How was the hospital trip lynda? all ok?

Yup, tests only. :)

So what are you all doing with your day? I've decided to be productive on my sick leave and scrub the house. Haven't started and already I regret this plan.

• Administrators Posts: 53,335 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

awec wrote: »
    Mornings! :)

Cycled in to work today, feeling good! :D

I don't even know how to cycle. Know the way they say you never forgot how to ride a bike? They lied. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

I've already been throwing apples at birds this morning. My neighbour leaves her rubbish outside her door for days and now there's loads of birds scrambling to pick at her trash. Very loud and annoying. I'll be wasting a few apples today with it I'd say.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Morning all, hows everyone?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Morning all, I is tired.:(

Gonna leave the run till this afternoon me thinks

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

"Ah yeah, sure I'll just go for one drink"

5 drinks later and myself and a mate end up at some house party around his estate until 3am.

I am le tired.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Mornings! :)

Cycled in to work today, feeling good! :D

Meant to cycle in today myself but was so tired from the match last night so decided extra time in bed was needed :o
    That_Guy wrote: »
    "Ah yeah, sure I'll just go for one drink"

5 drinks later and myself and a mate end up at some house party around his estate until 3am.

I am le tired.

36386q.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

by far the most unproductive day in work thus far ever!

why amn't I motivated at all?

All I can say is thank fook for Has Bean and their amazing coffee which are slowly bringing me back to life... Mmmmm. Ressurecti-licious.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

All I can say is thank fook for Has Bean and their amazing coffee which are slowly bringing me back to life... Mmmmm. Ressurecti-licious.
    I went to the coffee stand this morning and looked through all the coffees.

"Light"... nope.
    "Mild".... nope.
    "Medium".... nope.
    "Dark and intense"... that's the one! :D

Well done on the cycle awec!
    Morning exercise is great for waking you up and getting ya buzzin for the day. That and uber strong coffee and yer away with it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Coffee is fueling my life at the moment.

I particularly enjoy a Saturday morning coffee out the back of the house on a sunny morning.

PaulieC wrote: »

I particularly enjoy a Saturday morning coffee out the back of the house on a sunny morning.

Nothing better Paulie lad. Was quite nice here earlier but clouds have since diminished any hope of more sun for the forseeable future.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

PaulieC wrote: »

That fancy schmancy coffee machine you got is earning its keep I see.. :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,196 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Home made bread will be made today, oh yes!

So, we're all coffee addicts here? I like my coffee how i like my men - black, bitter, hot and strong. Damn, now I want a coffee.

LyndaMcL wrote: »
    So, we're all coffee addicts here? I like my coffee how i like my men - black, bitter, hot and strong. Damn, now I want a coffee.

We're all out of coffee. Got some men out the back though.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

No bitter ones though please ;)

• Advertisement

I'd rather the coffee. :( going home to have 2 coffees before I do any work around the house. :D

Been helping out folks since last September with the technical side of a podcast they created and now they're bringing me out for drinks. It's great to feel appreciated! :) :pac:

What kind of podcast is it awec? Myself and a mate or two were thinking of doing our own podcast.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭swapple

Home made bread will be made today, oh yes!

Aw yum! Give me a slice :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

swapple wrote: »
    Aw yum! Give me a slice :D

me too!! :D

Holy mother of divine Christ. If I want to go back to college full time, it's gonna cost me in or around 9 grand a year since I already went to college.

.... Part time college at night it is so.:rolleyes:

Holy mother of divine Christ. If I want to go back to college full time, it's gonna cost me in or around 9 grand a year since I already went to college.

Yeah? Where'd you find that out?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Yup, only one undergrad per person is funded by the State!

Is it lunch time yet? I am definitely getting better as I am hungry for my lunch :D

Yeah? Where'd you find that out?

The father. He's lending me the money for college til a settlement comes through. I can't ask for a lend of 9 grand though, he'd have to remortgage his house.:p

Night school will be handier anyway, I can keep working and have money for drinking :D

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭swapple

The father. He's lending me the money for college til a settlement comes through. I can't ask for a lend of 9 grand though, he'd have to remortgage his house.:p

Night school will be handier anyway, I can keep working and have money for drinking :D

Plus by the time class is over it'll be time to head to the pub anyway :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

I've already been throwing apples at birds this morning. My neighbour leaves her rubbish outside her door for days and now there's loads of birds scrambling to pick at her trash. Very loud and annoying. I'll be wasting a few apples today with it I'd say.

There are lots of birds that eat apples though :)

Afternoon all. I'm on the train on my way home for a few days.getting a few looks for the hurley!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement