Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Terminator Genisys

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 865 ✭✭✭FlashD

krudler wrote: »
    Just make the future war section of T2 into a full lenght film, and don't let McG anywhere near it.

No thanks! Won't happen now anyways, you guys got T4 and thousands stayed at home.

What we will get is a forgettable clichéd reboot aimed at a 12pg audience, everyone will say how nice it was to look at, go home and stick on the real thing from the 80's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

FlashD wrote: »
    No thanks! Won't happen now anyways, you guys got T4 and thousands stayed at home.

What we will get is a forgettable clichéd reboot aimed at a 12pg audience, everyone will say how nice it was to look at, go home and stick on the real thing from the 80's.

What we got in t4 was a crock of **** which didn't resemble the future scene in t2 one bit.

It would be a big hit done properly! Who doesn't wanna see terminators and humans fighting it out underground in a nuclear winter!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,423 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

I never noticed that similarity between Michael Biehn and Aaron Paul before.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Aaron Paul is a good actor and I loved him in Breaking Bad but he bears no resemblance whatsoever to Michael Biehn and I could not see him acting in his role.

• I wish Reboot still meant restarting a computer, and not restarting a film franchise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

What we got in t4 was a crock of **** which didn't resemble the future scene in t2 one bit.

It would be a big hit done properly! Who doesn't wanna see terminators and humans fighting it out underground in a nuclear winter!

Why do you think a whole entire film taking place at night in the darkness in nothing but skeletons of buildings would make for an interesting film? T4 *had* to vary the locations and make it look different from T2.

Why do you think a whole entire film taking place at night in the darkness in nothing but skeletons of buildings would make for an interesting film? T4 *had* to vary the locations and make it look different from T2.

Well its something I would love, the world Reese talked about in t1, people on the brink of starvation hiding in the ruins of A nuclear war, and hiding from hks etc.

Just always fascinated me, plus it could be worldwide so not just in America, could also tie in the bit where they get sent back just as humans where on the brink of victory.

There is loads of things they could do with it.

Was on terminator files earlier and die hard fans plus 100s of others want this type of film and have for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

Just always fascinated me, plus it could be worldwide so not just in America, could also tie in the bit where they get sent back just as humans where on the brink of victory.

I always wondered did skynet go to the bother of attacking the non US and Russian countries..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Adamantium

I wish Reboot still meant restarting a computer, and not restarting a film franchise.

Technically with the name it has, its probably the only series that should be rebooted forever like a computer

Kyle Reese: Listen, and understand. That terminator franchise is out there. It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, creatively bereft, remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until its taken all your money!

I always wondered did skynet go to the bother of attacking the non US and Russian countries..

Would have to presume it did attack the world too, a lot of the books tie in with this theory.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

I'm a big fan of Hardy but I'm not sure I'd want him as Connor.

I can just imagine it being very similar to his turn in Warrior, with Connor presented as the brooding, silent and surly type. Someone who doesn't care about the human sacrifices being made as long as they defeat the machines.

I think the leader of the human resistance against the machines would need more than that; he needs to be inspiring and be able to connect with his people. It's actually the one thing I liked about Bale's Connor, they at least tried to present him as someone who wanted to inspire those who were left not to give up (through his radio transmissions).

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭ps3lover

Didn't everyone involved with Terminator 4 admit it was a mistake? The director, producers and stars all admitted that movie was a mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

ps3lover wrote: »
    Didn't everyone involved with Terminator 4 admit it was a mistake? The director, producers and stars all admitted that movie was a mistake.

Have you got a source to this?

IMO The film wasnt half bad, just boring in parts and not really a Terminator film. Much better than part 3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

ps3lover wrote: »

Source?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Source?

Christian Bale: "It was a mistake. Everyone else thinks so too."

There you go :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Source?

Wait and I'll make a wiki page for ya

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭ps3lover

http://www.blastr.com/2012/04/schwarzenegger_thinks_ter.php

Everyone seems to be in agreement that aiming for the 12a rating was a big mistake. It forced them to eliminate some plot and complex story lines and change the dark ending that would have set up the next sequel.
    Although I would assume some people don't mind the 12a rating though, to each their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,954 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I haven't seen him in anything, I hope he's good because purely on looks (I'm not even talking in attraction terms), he doesn't strike me as the hard man leader of the resistance. He actually looks like a bit of a toff.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,954 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I haven't seen him in anything, I hope he's good because purely on looks (I'm not even talking in attraction terms), he doesn't strike me as the hard man leader of the resistance. He actually looks like a bit of a toff.

He was in the tv series Brotherhood which I'd recommend and also Lawless and Zero Dark Thirty

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,279 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    http://www.deadline.com/2013/12/jason-clarke-in-talks-to-play-john-connor-in-terminator-reboot/

Jason Clarke (great actor) in early talks to play the role of John Connor

Emilia Clarke emerges as the frontrunner to play Sarah Connor.

Not sure how thats going to work when the son is older than the mother:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Not sure how thats going to work when the son is older than the mother:confused:

Timetravel? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Brendan Flowers

The son older than one of his own parents in a Terminator movie? Well I never!!

• Registered Users Posts: 60,279 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Bacchus wrote: »
    Timetravel? :P

I know I know :D

But I just can't see older John Conners going back in time! Having Sarah going forward in time changes the whole mythology of the previous films. So unless its a complete reboot I don't see it working.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭pah

John Connors goes back in time and does the dirty with his mother to have.... John Connors and again to have another, he's john connors me brother and this is john connors me father and i'm john connors and that's john connors too, me cousin etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

It's now official. Shes got the part.
    It’s official. Emilia Clarke will play Sarah Connor in the Terminator reboot, re-teaming with director Alan Taylor, who has worked with Clarke in the HBO series Game Of Thrones.

Clarke joins Jason Clarke, who is in negotiations to play her son John Connor in a storyline I’ve heard involved a trip into the future. Deadline revealed that he was in talks earlier this week.

Arnold Schwarzenegger is also back in his signature cyborg role.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/12/emilia-clarke-terminator-sarah-connor-role/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Adamantium

Oddly enough the only thing I don't want in this movie is Arnold. A completely untethered clean break from past even in basic story terms

Lena Headey played Sarah Connor and also happens to in GOT,weirdly there's a resemblance between the actors too.

So far in the Terminator Franchise, we have had a Lannister Sarah Connor, A Taragaryen Sarah Connor and a GOT director.

I would have preferred Mary Elizabeth Winstead for Connor, not as dainty as the other two and not quite as young.

Jaysus been awhile since I heard MEW's name!

Glad Clarke got it, she has improved as GOT has gone on and she really came into her own last season as the Queen of the people. I reckon she'll nail this.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Isn't Emilia Clarke tiny? she certainly doesn't look the part of Sarah Connor, Linda Hamilton was believable as a regular girl who turns into a buffed gung ho action chick, can't see Clarke in that part.

• Advertisement

krudler wrote: »
    Isn't Emilia Clarke tiny? she certainly doesn't look the part of Sarah Connor, Linda Hamilton was believable as a regular girl who turns into a buffed gung ho action chick, can't see Clarke in that part.

Watch GoT, Clarke is well capable of playing someone with a tough exterior.

Advertisement