Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Garda Vetting/Job Application Query

• 22-03-2014 7:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Regular poster, decided it would be best to go anonymous with this.

In 2011, I quit a job after 2 weeks as I wasn’t getting any breaks. Discussed it with the manager/owner, his attitude was to get over it. A few months after I quit, I got another job but have recently been let go as they’re cutting back on staff.

I normally leave the 2 week job off my CV as it was for such a short period of time. However, I’m applying for a new job which requires garda vetting so I feel like it would be best to include it, especially as it included live-in accommodation.

I would appreciate any advice/opinions on whether to include the job or not. Thanks in advance. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

Regular poster, decided it would be best to go anonymous with this.

In 2011, I quit a job after 2 weeks as I wasn’t getting any breaks. Discussed it with the manager/owner, his attitude was to get over it. A few months after I quit, I got another job but have recently been let go as they’re cutting back on staff.

I normally leave the 2 week job off my CV as it was for such a short period of time. However, I’m applying for a new job which requires garda vetting so I feel like it would be best to include it, especially as it included live-in accommodation.

I would appreciate any advice/opinions on whether to include the job or not. Thanks in advance. :)

Any garda vetting forms I've seen just ask for you to list each place of residence. No word of work or CV.

Maybe different forms...

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Any garda vetting forms I've seen just ask for you to list each place of residence. No word of work or CV.

Maybe different forms...

Sorry, I probably should have been clearer. Aside from the garda vetting form, there's a seperate application form for this job which requires you to go through every job you've had since leaving school, giving a reason for leaving the job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

No bother...
    Stick it in and tell the truth so... You left because the job wasn't working out... Everyone knows that happens from time to time.

Advertisement