Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Knock on window middle of the night?

• 07-05-2014 10:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi all, I'm hoping you can help me....

About a month ago, myself and my fiancé were woken up by a very soft but audible knocking on our bedroom window around 3AM. He looked out the window, went outside to look and nobody was there. Initially we were both freaked out but passed it off as maybe a bird on the windowsill.

This morning at 5:15AM we were woken up again by this soft knocking. He is still passing if off as a bird but I'm getting quite superstitious.

About 2 days after the initial knocking a month ago, a relative of mine passed away from a long battle with cancer. I didn't think of this as a coincidence at the time but now I do as it seems knocking on a window at night could be linked to the passing of a person that you know.

I'm really intrigued by all of this. I'm terrified of ghost, paranormal activity, etc... but I think I'd like to know why it is happening.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

This time of the year it would be very common for birds to be nest building, and generally noisy and up to no good coming up to first light in the morning.

Sound is funny, especially with windows, if anyone knocks on a window in my house its very hard to tell which window is being knocked on as the sound travels strangely.

Honestly if you keep hearing the knocking get up and go outside and look for at what the birds are up to around your house.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,657 ✭✭✭✭maccored

I would say birds as well

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

Its deffo birds, crows for example can see their reflections in the window and start pecking away.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,939 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Just wondering Do you live in a two storey house or a bungalow?

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭remembering

I was only talking about this at the weekend with my mum. Last year she was awoken by 3 really hard Knocks on the window and shortly after a man she knew well died. I said to her maybe she was dreaming but she said most definitely not. She said a lot of people die around 5/5.30 am . Spooky

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 Lcarr

Just wondering Do you live in a two storey house or a bungalow?

No I live in a bungalow, and there is no birds nests in the gutter or around the house anywhere! Still freaked out, even if it was a bird :/

No knocks on the window last night, well I didn't hear them if there was any... Trying to get to sleep was a nightmare... I'm such a baby when it comes to paranormal stuff...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

I'm just wondering why you think someone close to you dying has anything to do with it. If a playe fell off the table would you associate it with that? If it happended more recently, or a long time ago would you still associate it with it. I think you're making a link where there is none.

It's more than likely a bird.

Gumbi wrote: »
    I'm just wondering why you think someone close to you dying has anything to do with it. If a playe fell off the table would you associate it with that? If it happended more recently, or a long time ago would you still associate it with it. I think you're making a link where there is none.

It's more than likely a bird.

I probably am making a link where there is none but I'm a paranoid person at the best of times so just wanted to know if anyone could offer me any justification of why it has happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,221 ✭✭✭✭endacl

maccored wrote: »
    I would say birds as well

Or ghost birds!

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭thomas anderson.

Maybe someone was looking for the roide

• Advertisement

No. I'd still say birds.
    endacl wrote: »
    Or ghost birds!

:eek:

No. I'd still say birds.

I tend to agree, but ghost birds would be cool.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Birds certainly do this. It can be really annoying, too, and in our house anyway, they only do it really early in the morning. If you find this freaky, wait for the fun youll have if they ever nest in your chimney!

wouldnt they just fall through the window though?
    endacl wrote: »
    I tend to agree, but ghost birds would be cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

I was on an investigation once and there seemed to be something knocking on the wall in response to a request. It was an investigation as although I cant say it was 100% controlled I can say that it wasn't a bird and there wasn't anyone else in the premises.

wouldnt they just fall through the window though?

Damn you and your logic!

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5 fudy

sounds very strange

Some of these replies are hilarious! Might just go with the possibility of 'someone looking for the roide' ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭The One Who Knocks

Apologies for that, couldn't find the door.

Advertisement