Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rumours of Sabbats for next year....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭leaoj

Tighearnan wrote: »
    not a chance of running for anything, i wanna get into 4th year. why don't you run yourself :)

fair enough.

doubt i'll run, i wouldn't be as adept for office as you would! wanna get the degree done first as well!

any other rumours floating around has anyone heard?

only definites so far seem to be kenny rockket hartery and moursey. seems like its gonna be a very undercontested election year

• Registered Users Posts: 44 NewShoes

I can confirm that I intend on running for president
    leaoj wrote: »
    only definites so far seem to be kenny rockket hartery and moursey. seems like its gonna be a very undercontested election year

Tony said that he is going to be running for President too.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭DJCR

Anyone actually running for Education?

doesn't seem like it.
    would you be interested yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 bambismom

NewShoes wrote: »
    Tony said that he is going to be running for President too.

I would be willing to bet my shiney new shoes on the fact that Tony will not be running! Sarcasm much? LOADS!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I think everyone's forgetting the main candidate. John Cambridge. Will be disappointed if our great white hope for the future doesn't surface during the week. :pac: :pac:

Is Paddy going for President or Education? Think he might make a good Ed. Officer, not so sure that he'd suit President tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭DJCR

doesn't seem like it.
    would you be interested yourself?

Always interested!!! Just a bit past it now. New blood is needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,677 ✭✭✭deise go deo

fair enough.

doubt i'll run, i wouldn't be as adept for office as you would! wanna get the degree done first as well!

any other rumours floating around has anyone heard?

Moursey is a definite? I was talking to him on Friday, he told me he wasn't going for anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭johnryano

I'd love to see a good candidate or two for welfare, the office has been badly neglected the last few years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 tenby

From what I've heard before ever even reading this thread is David for President, Triona O'Sullivan for president and Aoife Kenny for President.

Only new to Boards, it's very addictive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭shabouwcaw

have to admit i have had only a handful of dealings with dave but don't think he'd be up the job. not much by way of a personality, reminds me of the ginger lad from last yr, very introverted not very sociable.

Ginge? He's hardly introverted.. :D

I shall be seeking election, got a few signatures on Friday but the Deb U intervarsity was on so that limited my ability to dedicate time to it, so it's just a few friends that have signed at the moment. I'll be in the SU Courtyard tomorrow if you're around, see me and want to sign my nomination.

I'll post up a manifesto and YouTube videos when that's allowed.

~David Hartery

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭OhMSGlive

shabouwcaw wrote: »
    Ginge? He's hardly introverted.. :D

This.

It's a subjective opinion, I don't think the ginger lad was very personable last year, just seemed very false very put on like he was just trying to be outgoing to get votes. when i compared him to your man rockket who is obviously natural outgoing type of person and then the other lad just seemed like he was forcing it a bit. i dont no him tho so guess ye probably know him better. i was glad rockett beat him in the end.

if i see you dave ill come over for a chat would like to hear your policies. be interesting battle between you kenny and moursey. wonder has moursey a big squad lined up? no comment from him and aoife on this thread, nice to see you came on to get the boards votes dave :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

It's a subjective opinion, I don't think the ginger lad was very personable last year, just seemed very false very put on like he was just trying to be outgoing to get votes. when i compared him to your man rockket who is obviously natural outgoing type of person and then the other lad just seemed like he was forcing it a bit. i dont no him tho so guess ye probably know him better. i was glad rockett beat him in the end.

They ran for different offices:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Delta Kilo

Didnt Paddy Rockett not stress at the EGM that sitting behind a desk was not for him? Surely Education is very desk dependent..?

Just my opinion, but I dont think Paddy is the type to be able to build a rapport with the deans of the university. His talents are in entertaining and rallying people, not dealing with serious issues with the university authorities imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭johnryano

Yes, there is a lot of bureaucracy in the education role and a lot of attending pointless meetings where people pretend to care what you have to say but one of the key roles of the education officer is advising students, advocating for students and acting in the students best interests.

Speaking from semi-personal experience I know that Paddy Rockett always acts in the best interests of the students and will fight your corner for you at academic council etc. If I had to choose between Rockett and all those two-faced hacks I'd go with Rockett every time. Even if he sleeps in his office and runs a taxi service.

I see John Cambridge and Sid Justice have just kick started their presidential campaign on facebook.....this could be interesting!

bambismom wrote: »
    I see John Cambridge and Sid Justice have just kick started their presidential campaign on facebook.....this could be interesting!

I think if you have a look at his facebook page you will see that John Cambridge is very much in the mold of Derek Daily.

I think if you have a look at his facebook page you will see that John Cambridge is very much in the mold of Derek Daily.

Do you think? It doesn't really strike me as Derek tbh. That said, i'm open to correction.

422881_184523664993069_184504944994941_261207_1494853199_n.jpg

^^He is in the mold Of Derek Daily^^:pac:

• Advertisement

Hold on thought that it was against the rules to campagin before election week? i cud be wrong tho. surely he shud be sanctioned or fined, thats not on at all like. unless they tell the other candidates to release their websites too now to even it up

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Belly OS

Once elections nominations close you can start campaigning so come 6pm Friday it can officially begin.
    Don't think there's a problem having a fb page set up as long as he doesn't start properly advertising himself till Friday night. Not 100% sure on this though. And I should seeing as I ran last year. Dam memory :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Belly OS

Although after saying that, I just found his twitter page, which he saying "Vote early, vote often. John Cambridge No 1!" which is against the rules.

I still believe, until proven wrong Friday if there is a nomination form him submitted, that he is trolling, and doing a dam good job, although part of me really hopes it's a legit campaign. I loved reading through all his comments.

Looking forward to seeing how this week goes in relation to who ACTUALLY runs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Woodwork4Life

As far as rumors go I've heard that Tom 'Big Man' Feehan is running for President this year.
    I'd be fairly confident in my sources. Heard he was walking around Kemmy today looking for signatures.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Belly OS wrote: »
    Although after saying that, I just found his twitter page, which he saying "Vote early, vote often. John Cambridge No 1!" which is against the rules.

I still believe, until proven wrong Friday if there is a nomination form him submitted, that he is trolling, and doing a dam good job, although part of me really hopes it's a legit campaign. I loved reading through all his comments.

Looking forward to seeing how this week goes in relation to who ACTUALLY runs

I'm just waiting for the 22nd when his ban expires I believe. Who wants to put money down that he'll be like:

"I've decided not to run due to a smear campaign that has been carried out on Facebook and Twitter, and because of my unfair treatment on boards.ie that has blocked my campaign!"

Post 2000, woooot!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭OhMSGlive

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    I'm just waiting for the 22nd when his ban expires I believe.

Nope, Chuck Testa.

Because of johnryano, my theory is that cambridge is now permabanned.

OhMSGlive wrote: »
    Nope, Chuck Testa.

Because of johnryano, my theory is that cambridge is now permabanned.

But now how will our great white hope campaign for us? :O :O :O

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Dante on Fire

Hi all,

There are a lot of rumours out and about so just to clarify. I have gotten my required signatures, my team are ready and will be going for VP Academic Officer (formally Education).

I can inform you that no campaigning can be done by any potential officer until Friday after 6pm so I hope you will forgive me for not answering any questions on policies, Manifesto or any election issues until after then.

I am really looking forward to this year. You will all know what is needed this year from your candidates. My very best of luck to all candidates and I hope to see the same positivity of last year.

If you have any Ideas or issues that need clarification I'm out and about as much as possible during the week for Men's Health Week

Bring on elections!

Paddy Rockett:D

wnolan1992 wrote: »

Post 2000, woooot!

Commiserations.

heard today there's a girl triona something going for president. can't remember surname and don't know her.

who is your man tom? i don't know him either.

im confused about this cambridge fella now? is he legit? i think if he's up against rockett he will lose tbh.

this election stuff is fair exciting all the same.

so so far we have got:

president: hartery,moursey,kenny,triona,tom

welfare: nobody?
    education: rockett, cambridge

is this correct?

• Advertisement

im confused about this cambridge fella now? is he legit? i think if he's up against rockett he will lose tbh.

Two site-bans and constant personal abuse of the posters here, along with no record of him in staff or student email lists.... I doubt he's legit. Though I'm willing to be proven wrong by Friday.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement