Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arrange a game / Open Events / Open Week Details

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,327 ✭✭✭Trampas

Great thread idea Licksey

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭Miley Byrne

There is also a Junior & Intermediate tournament in July. (on separate weeks) Check their website for details but basically its 36 hole stroke qualifyer played over two days with the top 16 to qualify. And then 4 rounds of matchplay over the weekend. €100 entry including lunch or brekkie.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭'scorthy

Yeah Licksy..great thread idea.
    For my friends on the boards.ie who may be interested there are two full (4ball s/f max h/c 20) slots vacant as I type for Enniscorthy at 13.50 and 14.50 at €20 a man.

For full list of upcoming Opens:
    http://www.brsgolf.com/enniscorthy/opens.php

Enjoy!

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

I haven't played Enniscorthy but I have caddied for Inter-club (provincial towns) down there. It's a fine course and a nice bunch of lads (we've met them a few times in different competitions). They were working on a couple of new holes when I was there last... how did they turn out?

LICSKY,

the two new holes have not been in play since last year. I cannot comment on why they are not be in play or whether they will be in the near future but the course as it stands is challenging enough.
    Is Enniscorthy special in that it seems to have an inordinate amount of Open Events? Courtown, down the road is invitational "open " fourball. I'd love tro play these courses but they appear to be restrictive...but that's another thread.

Your always welcome in Eniniscorthy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭soundsham

heres some for cork for the summer season

open singles every mon in lee valley
    open singles every mon in blarney begins after may weekend
    open singles every tues in muskerry begins after may weekend
    open singles every wed in mallow check maybe thurs
    open singles every thurs in bandon

all around the €20-25 mark think the lee valley one may be dearer but include grub

To help teams survive, Enniscorthy are having a monster open team of 4 Sat & Sun of the Whit weekend. Team of visitors €80; tons of prizes. If you're interest phone the office 0539233191.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭conman

anyone wana meet up to play Delgany tomorrow morning ? (tomorrow = wednesday)

drop me a pm :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,631 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

poster wrote: »
    Anyone fancy a round at Moyvalley tomorrow afternoon at about 3pm
    I wish! I played there on Monday for the first time. It's a lovely course, wonderful facilities (except perhaps for the lukewarm to cold showers :mad:)

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭mtbdude74

Anyone fancy a game in Galway this weekend?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 peggsy66

i would love a round at moyvalley today its a quality track must say

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭DonkeyPokerTour

Anyone fancy a game in Wicklow, Tomorrow Saturday? I have provisionally booked a time at 9.10am but the time sheet is pretty free tomorrow if people want to go later.

Let me know
    Regards
    Ian

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Whyner

Anyone up for 9 holes this evening around 6:30 in Dublin City or full round tomorrow morning? €20 tomorrow, probably €15 this evening...

Monart Destinations Weekend Open Competition (Ladies OR Gents Open Fourball) at Enniscorthy Golf Club Sat 16th & Sun 17th May 2009 (next weekend). Men White Markers Ladies Red Markers.Members €6 Visitors €20.Handicap Limit Men 20 Ladies 28. Stableford 3/4 Handicap. Time sheets open 0539233191/0539237600.
    Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭brian076

The Black Bush in Dunshaughlin have an Open singles every Wednesday, good value for money @ €15 per head

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

Gowran Park open singles on thursdays...
    Kilkenny have an open singles on the first wednesday of every month (I think).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,327 ✭✭✭Trampas

Anyone know if Doonbeg have any opens or offers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭poster

Hi guys
    Have a 4 ball booked for saturday in moyvalley other guys cant make it anyone interested in playing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 larry breheny

Anybody play par three golf?

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭jimmystars

soundsham wrote: »
    heres some for cork for the summer season

open singles every mon in lee valley
    open singles every mon in blarney begins after may weekend
    open singles every tues in muskerry begins after may weekend
    open singles every wed in mallow check maybe thurs
    open singles every thurs in bandon

all around the €20-25 mark think the lee valley one may be dearer but include grub

Mallow is wednesday alright. You can play Mitchelstown open singles at the weekend as well and it should be drying up nicely this week. That will give you an open in Cork almost every day. Anyone got a Friday for us to complete the week.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Niall09

Open singles on in Charleville every Tuesday. €20 for visitors I think.

Junior and Intermediate scratch cup on this weekend here in Charleville too.

Kanturk is the missing link. Open singles every friday from june.

Cork golf club have an open singles on Tuesday 2nd June for €35. Great value and I reckon it'll fill up quick enough. Rare enough for them to have opens other than the Scratch cups.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭joanmul

Trampas wrote: »
    Anyone know if Doonbeg have any opens or offers?

They do a winter offer of €75 per round - when winter ceases for them I don't know - it's freezing now!

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭quigo

Bunclody are holding quite a lot of Open days over the summer. They also have an open week 6th-14th June. I played there recently it was €40 for the round on a Sunday.

quigo wrote: »
    Bunclody are holding quite a lot of Open days over the summer. They also have an open week 6th-14th June. I played there recently it was €40 for the round on a Sunday.

That must have been a special offer at €40. My society friends tell me that they are paying ~€65 (no meal, just golf). On principle I won't pay €65 for a round when there are so many clubs offering much better value elsewhere on more mature courses. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭thegen

South County Open every Wednesday. I think its €25.00 or €30.00

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭quigo

'scorthy wrote: »
    That must have been a special offer at €40. My society friends tell me that they are paying ~€65 (no meal, just golf). On principle I won't pay €65 for a round when there are so many clubs offering much better value elsewhere on more mature courses. ;)

I had a look at the website, €50 is the Sunday to Thursday rate but it is €35 pre 10am post 5pm. Its €65 for Friday & Saturday which I agree with you is far too much to pay for playing there.

Deal of the week lads!!!

Just saw it on the Lahinch website that they are holding Open Singles every thursday from today @ €45. I'm booked in for next Thursday. Can't wait!!!
    Oh yeah, before somebody asks......It is on the Old course, not the Castle course...

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Nemesis

Any Friday evening 5.30-7.30 for the summer at Woodenbridge for a 9 hole comp.

9 and dine is the name of the competition, you don't have to dine,but it is good value.

I know its only 9 holes but for 5 Euro I doubt you could beat it for value.

If interested give me a PM (if weather is crap forget it though :D )

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20 supermac

Nemesis wrote: »
    Any Friday evening 5.30-7.30 for the summer at Woodenbridge for a 9 hole comp.

9 and dine is the name of the competition, you don't have to dine,but it is good value.

I know its only 9 holes but for 5 Euro I doubt you could beat it for value.

If interested give me a PM (if weather is crap forget it though :D )
    IS that 9 holes on the GOLF course.???IF so it,s mega value.:confused:

Advertisement