Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scrambled Irish Channels

• 09-11-2012 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

Hi, I have a Strong brand box that gets UK FTA and Irish DTT Channels. The past few days I haven't had any Irish channels coming in, it says "Scrambled Channel" onscreen. I have done a rescan and it still brings them in but they say "Scrambled Channel". Anybody know what's wrong? Thanks

Comments

Sounds like your box is picking them up from satellite rather than terrestrial. You need to do a terrestrial rescan.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Wafa

Karsini wrote: »
    Sounds like your box is picking them up from satellite rather than terrestrial. You need to do a terrestrial rescan.

I have done a terrestrial rescan and it brings up TV3, RTE etc but they wont show anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭excollier

Nothing new there, then.....sorry couldn't resist that one.

Sorry what?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,473 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Wafa wrote: »
    I have done a terrestrial rescan and it brings up TV3, RTE etc but they wont show anything.

Do you get RTÉ News Now, RTÉ1+1?
    Where are you located and do you know which transmitter you receive the terrestrial signal from?
    What type of aerial do you use outdoor or indoor?

• Advertisement

It's okay now, thanks Karsini was right they were coming in from ASTRA 19 satellite and the terrestrial were at the bottom. Thanks for all your help :-)

Advertisement