Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Swedish house mafia stabbings (Updated Mod Warning Post #1)

Comments

Jesus.

Three people died from an overdose and 7 people are stabbed? What in the name of fuck happened at that gig?!?!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Festy wrote: »
    Saw this comment posted in one of the links.Had to laugh at it.

"Should have dropped a bomb on that place yesterday, it would have halved unemployment and increased the average IQ of the country significantly"

:pac:

Well that would have killed a lot of civilized, and loved children.

But sniper's north & south of Chesterfield Ave would have been cool :cool:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

dreadful my thoughts are with the victims..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,289 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Pedant wrote: »
    Why are some people allowed to buy knives?

They are essential in the process of preparing food for cooking, and subsequent eating of that food.

"Should have dropped a bomb on that place yesterday, it would have halved unemployment and increased the average IQ of the country significantly"

Yes because whoever posted that is clearly extremely intelligent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

They are essential in the process of preparing food for cooking, and subsequent eating of that food.
    Yeah I know. Jacinta and Damo needs to knives to eat their three in one from the curry shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Varied

Wouldn't have minded seeing SHM as this is their last tour, but you had to know that there would be a large scumbag element there.

Never hear of this happening at the European gigs like awakenings.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭Marcin_diy

You just gotta look at the artists playing these events and its obvious its going to attract scumbags and wannabe hardcases.

Unfortunately its a sign of the times and one of the reasons I dont expose myself to any such type of musical gathering

for me it is not obvious. Swedish house mafia was playing in my country as well including one gig called Woodstock, with more than 200.000 people attending and nobody was stabbed...
    Let kids behave like they do this now and in 10 or 20 years we will have 3rd world gangs on the streets. Soon we will get a bullet just for looking at kids and teenagers. I think child protection policy is too strong. every adult verbally or physically abused by kid should by law have right to kick that youth ass. Kids if not stopped when they are kids when they grow up will behave like that idiot with knife yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Intensive Care Bear

I have spent the last 12 years attending dance music events in Ireland, the UK and other parts of Europe and in my opinion nowhere else attracts as many scumbags as the Irish events, i'd love to know why its so different.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,289 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Whilst details are obviously sketchy, most of the 'stabbings' don't seem to have been knife related anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Aquila wrote: »
    Was there no police presence at this event?:confused:

Yes, but no one wanted to stab them

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭eug87

Just looking up some Swedish House Mafia songs as I don't listen to them.
    I've found a very interesting song here.

Swedish House Mafia v knife Party:eek:.

1210m5g wrote: »
    I have spent the last 12 years attending dance music events in Ireland, the UK and other parts of Europe and in my opinion nowhere else attracts as many scumbags as the Irish events, i'd love to know why its so different.
    Because Ireland's police force is pathetic along with its law system in how it can handle the average scumbag.

When you have little 14 year old Damo with 5 arrests already and the judge again gives him another chance or says he can't do anything, the kids quickly learn they can get away with (not a pun and sorry for this) murder and everyone knows it.

I dunno about the UK but don't they at least attempt to deal with the kids over there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

dreadful my thoughts are with the victims..

You know what, all joking aside we should give a moments thought to the victims and their families.

I wasn't at the gig, but my daughter was.

I got a call just after ten PM "Dad, are you in work I have to leave here now. There's too much trouble and scumbags everywhere".

"sure, come straight into me" (I work a club down in the city center).

Not long afterwards people started wondering down from the gig and telling us stories of the going's on.. By 22:45 I was up the walls with worry and told the lads I'm off to the park in the next few minutes.

Then I seen her and her two little mates come through the crowd, phew the relief and the stories she told me!.

So yes think of the families. Some of us trust the kids to go off to their gigs and make it safely home having had a ball. We don't (at least most of us don't) expect them to make a dash for safety and hour before the gig ends.

And certainly none of us expect our children to die or get stabbed at these things.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭Marcin_diy

Aquila wrote: »
    Was there no police presence at this event?:confused:

Is there a police in Ireland? I thought we have only traffic wardens with yellow jackets and garda letters on the back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭BunShopVoyeur

Easy.

Huge alcohol problem mixed with coddling little scumbags (not their fault don't ya know) who should have had a bit of respect and decency slapped into them at a young age.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Was in Heuston around 3pm yesterday and even at that point you could see there'd be trouble. Hordes of drunken teens disembarking, many with more drink under their arms. It couldn't end well for everyone with nine further hours of drinking / drugs / mania ahead. Shame for the other tens of thousands who wanted just to enjoy the day but even bigger for the families now suffering.

Easy.

Huge alcohol problem mixed with coddling little scumbags (not their fault don't ya know) who should have had a bit of respect and decency slapped into them at a young age.

Trust me, alcohol doesn't need to be used for the knackers to start jumping on people's skulls at 9am in the mornings.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Intensive Care Bear

Because Ireland's police force is pathetic along with its law system in how it can handle the average scumbag.

When you have little 14 year old Damo with 5 arrests already and the judge again gives him another chance or says he can't do anything, the kids quickly learn they can get away with (not a pun and sorry for this) murder and everyone knows it.

I dunno about the UK but don't they at least attempt to deal with the kids over there?

I think the UK is just as bad for scumbags but i'm just curious as to why dance music events in Ireland seem to attract them like flies to a ****e.

• Advertisement

Trust me, alcohol doesn't need to be used for the knackers to start jumping on people's skulls at 9am in the mornings.

Oh I know that, the little wankers are more than capable of it sober.....it doesn't help though.

I saw the amount of drink they were carrying into the park with them yesterday, you'd swear it was a weekend festival.

I think the UK is just as bad for scumbags but i'm just curious as to why dance music events in Ireland seem to attract them like flies to a ****e.

Now I could be very very wrong in this but don't gigs and general outdoor events have a much bigger police presence than here?

I mean when the Queen came over, (I'm in Dublin myself) it was the first time I could look at the Gardaí and think "about feckin' time they look like a police force" instead of just seeing them stand around asking you were you were going in your car or because your hood is up due to rain.

Plus I think the law doesn't favour the knackers over there as it does here (or maybe it does) but I do think there's a much bigger police force present at the events over there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

Its a mixture of drink and drugs probably,theres a lot of poly drug use going on in ireland at the minute,and theres still stuff from the head shops flying around illegally i heard,so it all adds up to aggression,that said you cant be sure if they were sober or not,hard to tell until the story breaks and they gather all the info etc..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭westendgirlie

My thoughts are with the families of those who died around the park area last night and those who were injured.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

The youth today are a bloody joke!

Yeah, we're all at it. I love a good stabbing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

I remember from secondary school the idea of a good night out for a few 16 year old scumbags was suckerpunching people and starting fights. It wouldn't be too surprising if by they time they reached 21 they graduated onto randomly stabbing people. I didn't go to a particularly rough school either.

Oh I know that, the little wankers are more than capable of it sober.....it doesn't help though.

I saw the amount of drink they were carrying into the park with them yesterday, you'd swear it was a weekend festival.

Maybe, I heard them alright having fights about 9-10am yesterday (I live about 10 minute bus ride from the park). Was it only a one day/evening thing on just yesterday?
    Its a mixture of drink and drugs probably,theres a lot of poly drug use going on in ireland at the minute,and theres still stuff from the head shops flying around illegally i heard,so it all adds up to aggression,that said you cant be sure if they were sober or not,hard to tell until the story breaks and they gather all the info etc..

Yeah but most people at those places that are knackers just have the mentality of "I'm in a group with the boys, sure they'll never know it was me" and have no problem smashing people's faces in even without drugs or drink. All it takes is one person to start an argument with the wrong person and next minutes he has 15+ people trying to kill him.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Marcin_diy wrote: »
    for me it is not obvious. Swedish house mafia was playing in my country as well including one gig called Woodstock, with more than 200.000 people attending and nobody was stabbed...

ah yes woodstock

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHM5u1R8UJ0&feature=related

Look folks you have an event where loads of very young men are going to get off their faces there will be violence. You have an event where loads of teenage knackers get off their faces there will be killings.

Just be thankful we don't have any rippity rap festivals in this country

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭VEN

I've worked probably 40 events of this size before, I'm doubting there were 7 stabbings, maybe 7 people got cut by sharp objects, but I doubt all were stabbings. That's not to say a few of them weren't,

that reads like one of those riddle maths questions. how many got stabbed? and how many weren't?

i knew the answer 5 hours ago

• Advertisement

Maybe, I heard them alright having fights about 9-10am yesterday (I live about 10 minute bus ride from the park). Was it only a one day/evening thing on just yesterday?

Yeah, about 9 hours or so.....crazy stuff.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement