Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Tritare

Options
  • 07-06-2006 11:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭

a7351_1781.jpg

Taken from Science News Online
    The first, and so far only, member of this new family of instruments is the tritare—rhymes with guitar—devised by mathematicians Samuel Gaudet and Claude Gauthier of the University of Moncton in New Brunswick. Resembling a guitar with two extra necks, the tritare hosts six Y-shaped strings. As in an ordinary guitar, each tritare string runs from a tuning peg along a fretted neck. However, the familiarity ends at an unanchored juncture point where the string branches. From there, one string segment runs along each of the two extra, unfretted necks.

Some interesting sound samples here but all in all, not as amazing sounding as I was expecting.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Steoob

is this pictue http://www.acoustics.org/press/151st/Leger-4.jpg ****ing with anyone elses mind? if you look around the picture it looks like the lines in between the junctions are bent... then if you look att the lines specifically you can see theyre straight

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

I can't believe they actually got funding for that. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I wonder how long til the cheap Squier version comes out

Advertisement