Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Statutory benefits and entitlements- reference

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭livemusic4life

Aren't bank statements to be sent in with the initial application? i can remember sending mine in with my application.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Mama40

Yes I think we did, but sure they want to know what has been going on in the past 8 months. Well I can tell u feck all as we are struggling so much. I for one have no income what so ever coming to me! and my hubby on a very low wage!! it is so depressing how they expect us to keep going?!

Mama40 wrote: »
    Yes I think we did, but sure they want to know what has been going on in the past 8 months. Well I can tell u feck all as we are struggling so much. I for one have no income what so ever coming to me! and my hubby on a very low wage!! it is so depressing how they expect us to keep going?!

well if its the second set of bank statements, then it must be gone to the means test part. thats a good sign. can the CWO not help you at all?

Thanks I am hoping it is a good sign alright. No he said as my hubby was on just a few euro over the threshold he could not help me. He said the amount over the threshold was so little he would not tell me and upset me more! But get this if I was not married he could have given me a payment! I was disgusted and we also were only married last September. Talk about kicking you when your down!

Thanks I am hoping it is a good sign alright. No he said as my hubby was on just a few euro over the threshold he could not help me. He said the amount over the threshold was so little he would not tell me and upset me more! But get this if I was not married he could have given me a payment! I was disgusted and we also were only married last September. Talk about kicking you when your down!

This country is a disgrace. when i was waiting for my disability to be reviewed, i didn't have enough stamps on my illness benefit and i was only getting 125 a week. Then i had major dental work needed and they wouldn't help me with the cost. they told me they'd cover the cost of getting my teeth pulled. at 30 years old i didn't want to have my teeth pulled, so out of my 125 a week, i was paying back 40 to the credit union! stress doesn't even cover it.

• Advertisement

Omg that is awful. Sorry to hear that. Did you get your DB in the end?

Omg that is awful. Sorry to hear that. Did you get your DB in the end?

Yes, but then i bullied them.

I am ringing them every month and got a local TD to send in a lettering also sent in all relevant info treatments etc since I applied. So hoping to send in statements this week and might get a reply sooner rather than later

I am ringing them every month and got a local TD to send in a lettering also sent in all relevant info treatments etc since I applied. So hoping to send in statements this week and might get a reply sooner rather than later

get a td who has an inside contact in the medical review section, otherwise you're wasting your time with td letters. Keep up with the medical letters, the LESS detail the better but they have to include the magic words "unfit for work for a minimum of 12 months". Anything else is also pointless, i learned that the hard way. Drop me a pm, if you have any questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭raymick

Hi, all that I have sent them is the form that the doctor filled in which said I have a degenerative disease I also sent in a few reports I had filled in by my rheumatologist for school and college to say I needed help as I cannot sit for very long, write because of finger and wrist pain and back and hip pain carrying books.
    These letters were enough for college to help me out with a note taker and a programme for my laptop that I can speak to and it types for me. I also sent them a letter I wrote saying how the illness effects my everyday life. So I hope that the bank statement request is a good sign that what I have sent in is enough for the claim.

• Advertisement

Thanks Livemusic for your help. Ray I hope you get some good news soon. When did u send in your statements? I am sending mine in tomorrow. took a few days to get codes so i could print them off free of charge. Banks are a joke too!!

They unofficially have a first time refusal policy, so don't be surprised if you're turned down first time, the amount of stuff you find out about the process when you're in it is amazing. Best of luck folks, and patience, lots of patience. I cried many a frustrated tear over that process. Its by far easier on your mind to assume you'll be turned down, I'm sorry to say.

hi I sent mine in last week.

Keep me posted Ray! Best of luck pal

oh my good cannot believe it got a letter granting allowance and arrears cheque and travel pass I am in shock wasn't expecting it after all the posts saying you should expect to be refused 1st time maybe the way to go is to not hastle them. that's my experience anyway good luck to everyone else I just sent the bank statements last Monday. so maybe you will hear next week mama40

OMG Ray that is amazing I am so happy for you what a relief!! :) I am sending off mine today so hopefully will hear next week or so!! when will u start getting your weekly payments etc? great amazing news :)

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭filo87

That's fantastic news Raymick. Delighted for you.

payments start on Wednesday the 25th September received a arrears cheque yesterday up to last week.

No way you are joking I thought it takes 6 months for arrears? Wow did I feel like u won the lotto?

Ps Ray how long was it back dated for? thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I'm just bumping this thread (so it doesn't get lost), before unsticking it. The reason I'm unsticking it is that if a forum has more than three sticky threads, it can cause display issues/errors for those browsing the mobile site. I've also linked to this thread in the main Links/Resources thread too.

Advertisement