Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gym Membership on the medical card?

Options
  • 08-04-2014 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

Here's one for you - I'm told you can get a free gym membership on the medical card. Now I asked my GP about this and he'd never heard of it, but I figured you guys are a bit better connected, so I'll see if you know anything about it. Has anyone here ever gotten a gym membership out of their medical card? I'm just wondering if it can be done, and if so, how do I go about it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Mountain Rescue

Been working for years in the leisure sector and never ever heard of this,gyms normally have a discount for unemployed, student or oap.I'll be interested to see if any other centres out there that have heard of this.sorry I can't be of more help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭kult

And how is non government private body like a gym supposed to get money from medical card?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

Someone may be confusing the Passport for Leisure Card with a Medical Card. It's a card issued by Dublin City Council that costs €10 a year for people over 55, & provides free/discounted access to specific Gyms & Sports Halls as well as other leisure amenities throughout the city.

Advertisement