Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

dura ace cassette

Options
  • 14-10-2013 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭

Will a dura ace cassette work on a bike with ultegra 6700 groupset? I have a new chain purchased. Bought wheels for my bike and a dura ace cassette was supplied with them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,211 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

Is the cassette new? If it's second hand, then probably not. Also, if your chain is 10speed, your cassette must also be 10speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

07Lapierre wrote: »
    Is the cassette new? If it's second hand, then probably not. Also, if your chain is 10speed, your cassette must also be 10speed.

The cassette on wheel that i bought is second hand as the wheels are second hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,211 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

Well then I recommend you buy a new cassette. Or contact the wheel seller and offer to buy his chain! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

07Lapierre wrote: »
    Well then I recommend you buy a new cassette. Or contact the wheel seller and offer to buy his chain! :D

I will prob get a cassette over next few weeks. All these cycling purchases are blowing the bank account but all for a good cause long term. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Yes Dura Ace is completely compatible with Ultegra (as long as the Dura Ace is also pre 9000 i.e. 10 speed not 11 speed).

For a secondhand cassette to be a problem it needs to have been badly abused for thousands and thousands of miles, especially if its shimano. I have a Dura Ace 7800 that I got secondhand and subsequently put nearly 20,000 km on. Still going strong. I have a SRAM Red that is worn to hell and can't stop skipping when paired with a new chain after just 3 or 4000 k.

• Advertisement
Advertisement