Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Only 120kg to spare

Options
  • 13-03-2012 6:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭

Just home from the test it passed with one small problem to be sorted but the guy testing it said he weighed the front axle and back with a total amount of 3380kg and thats with nothing inside. So any advice. What are the risks of filling up and takeing off. I saw another post from today with same problem. It was sugested to start new tread so here it is. Its an Iveco daily.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭niloc1951

Just home from the test it passed with one small problem to be sorted but the guy testing it said he weighed the front axle and back with a total amount of 3380kg and thats with nothing inside. So any advice. What are the risks of filling up and takeing off. I saw another post from today with same problem. It was sugested to start new tread so here it is. Its an Iveco daily.

What model Daily is it, It might be possible to have the GVW uprated if you have the necessary licence, C or C1.
    See HERE

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭vistafinder

cheers. Its a 35c13. That would be handy but I have a B licence and i heard it can cost up to 2ooo euro to get a c licence.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭niloc1951

cheers. Its a 35c13. That would be handy but I have a B licence and i heard it can cost up to 2ooo euro to get a c licence.

That's a pity. The combines plated axle weights AFAIK is 4,400kg (Front 1800 rear 2600) so an upgrade of GVW to say 4,000kg should be no problem assuming tyres are up to spec.
    Like motor caravans a lot of ordinary goods vehicles are plated down to 3,500kg to enable people who only have a car licence to drive them but in reality they are well capable of accepting a higher GVW.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭corkbuoy

Depending on how long you have your licence, you may already have C1 on it which covers you to drive vehicles up to 7500kg. It may not be shown on your licence but you can get it automatically if you have a licence from 1997 (I think) or before.
    Contact SvTech in the UK http://www.svtech.co.uk/motorhomes.html about uprating the GVW. I got mine done recently, telephone them and talk to Steve, very helpful guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭vistafinder

I didnt pass my test until 2ooo. I will take it to a weigh bridge there some day so hopefully it lower than the test centre.

• Advertisement
Advertisement