Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Great price on Rosslare/Cherbourg return in August, car & caravan, €574

Options
  • 03-01-2012 4:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭

Couldnt believe it, couldnt get to the UK for that in previous years. With Celtic Link Ferries - I gather they are a bit freight oriented but new clean boat etc. etc. so I think it'll be grand.

That includes a 4 berth cabin out & back.

I gather August not as popular as July as accomodation price higher since French & more English on holiday (not much of an issue when bringing a caravan), and maybe crowds. We went in June before and it was tumbleweed, so will give the crowds a go!

If you're with a club you may get a discount on top of that.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭sunchaser

Unlike Ireland, Gasoil goes up and it also comes down.Diesel is currently at 1.35 per lt. Perhaps you can consider this when planning your trip to the sun this year. Spanish fuel prices are simular.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Betsy Og

:confused: I dont rightly follow you?, should I be filling the caravan with diesel barrels? (herself would love that!!).

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭sunchaser

Unlike Ireland, Gasoil goes up and it also comes down.Diesel is currently at 1.35 per lt. Perhaps you can consider this when planning your trip to the sun this year. Spanish fuel prices are simular.

Betsy Og wrote: »
    :confused: I dont rightly follow you?, should I be filling the caravan with diesel barrels? (herself would love that!!).

Should you wish to fill the caravan with diesel barrels that is your choice. I was just pointing out to other boards users, the price of diesel in France at present. In France diesel prices fall as well as rise, but in Ireland they never come down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭SARZY

Celtic Link are a great service. They are not in a Cartel on the France route Obviously. For that reason they are getting my support again this year.

The other players are used to the cartel that is the Irish Sea. Thats some rip off.

Diesel prices are subject to local Cartels in every town in Ireland.
    Campsite prices are a cartel.

We are being ripped off at every turn. Competition is non existent in this Republic.

God Bless the French and long may it continue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭bogman

sunchaser wrote: »

Best value for fuel that I know of in western Europe is Spain, enter from France with an empty tank and leave on a full one, France is expensive in comparison

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭niloc1951

SARZY wrote: »
    .....................Diesel prices are subject to local Cartels in every town in Ireland.................

Spot on, in Midleton Co. Cork the majors (Texaco, Statoil and Esso) are always at most a cent apart, but more than often the same, and at the top of the prevailing price range.
    Travel Cork City where the majors have multiple outlets each and prices can be up to four cents less for the same brands and six cents less for the smaller companies like TOP, Maxol and Amber (that's a 'free' litre for every 25).

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭wonderworm

I booked with Irish Ferries motorhome over 2.8m high, 2 adults with 2* cabin on way out and 3* cabin on way back as well as a trailer up to 4m out on 16 July back on 20 August total cost 605.40 EUR

:D:D:D:D
    Just booked Celtic Link, again. Out in a few weeks and back late May.
    Return with cabins for €265 (inc. club discount)

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Why would I want to go to Roscommon

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭AutostratusEB

Wow! I thought I was doing well with IF - Good Friday out to Cherbourg & back 2 weeks later with IF for €335. Would love to go to Wales for same period but best price around €400? No chance.

And as for Roscommon - it isn't even worth the money it costs to drive through it on the motorway..

Wow! I thought I was doing well with IF - Good Friday out to Cherbourg & back 2 weeks later with IF for €335. Would love to go to Wales for same period but best price around €400? No chance.

And as for Roscommon - it isn't even worth the money it costs to drive through it on the motorway..

Just goes to show the cartel type rip-off fares for the Irish Sea where the operators charge 50% more for 25% use of their ships pro rata.

It's beyond belief that they are allowed get away with by Tourism Ireland or The Dept. Why would the Brits come here to spend their holiday Stirling instead of France when they can cross the channel for as little as £58 return (motorhome, Dover-Dunkirk)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

niloc1951 wrote: »
    :D:D:D:D
    Just booked Celtic Link, again. Out in a few weeks and back late May.
    Return with cabins for €265 (inc. club discount)

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Why would I want to go to Roscommon

That's a great price, is that for a camper of caravan & car? Going to Holyhead doesn't even come close to that price!!

stevire wrote: »
    That's a great price, is that for a camper of caravan & car? Going to Holyhead doesn't even come close to that price!!

Camper 6.8m long, two people and cabin each way

Advertisement