Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cam saves your ass (no Roundabout stuff please :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,979 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Yeah, I'm going to be picking up one as a present soon. Its becoming invaluable as a driving aid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Simply scum.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭coolbeans

I'm considering getting one that's interchangeable between the bicycle and the car. They really are an argument ender.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

coolbeans wrote: »
    I'm considering getting one that's interchangeable between the bicycle and the car. They really are an argument ender.

Go Pro Hero :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭shedweller

We've all heard too many stories of people getting shafted with this kind of behaviour. Could you counter claim if they were assholes about it and pushed ahead with a claim anyway? Anyway, it's a heartwarming video, thanks OP!!

• Advertisement

shedweller wrote: »
    We've all heard too many stories of people getting shafted with this kind of behaviour. Could you counter claim if they were assholes about it and pushed ahead with a claim anyway? Anyway, it's a heartwarming video, thanks OP!!

If I was the victim I'd be claiming for their impact into my property if damaged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭shedweller

Thats the thing. How successful would you be in that situation? I'd certainly hope to be successful but the law can be an ass when it wants!!

If I was the defendants solicitor and saw that footage I wouldn't let my client next or near a court contesting the situation or circumstances..... Furthermore, if I was the loss adjuster for the defendants insurer, I'd be settling that straight away and looking to seek cancellation of the defendants insurance policy straight away.... The law is an ass but skint Insurers are not silly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭pred racer

Imagine the look on their faces in court if you never let on, until then, that you had the cam:D

pred racer wrote: »
    Imagine the look on their faces in court if you never let on, until then, that you had the cam:D

Unfortunately when it comes to litigation there is a process called discovery. I know what you're saying though and it would be pretty cool.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

pred racer wrote: »

Its Russia. It wont get near court, its more a case of whos hired goons does the better job first. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Briskit

Saab Ed wrote: »
    Its Russia. It wont get near court, its more a case of whos hired goons does the better job first. :p

Absolutely... Was just about to say the same thing but with gun instead of goon...

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Eddie Smart

That movie is just pure advertisement of the product. In Russia they call it "video registrar". But as a device it is helpful and non expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭JMSE

pure wagon, look at her at 0.34 glancing into his pockets for a wallet

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Eddie Smart

JMSE wrote: »
    You are right, looks funny:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭no1beemerfan

I was actually looking up dash cams on ebay when I saw this post here.

What would this one be like? I don't want to spend big money.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/2-5-LCD-HD-720P-Car-Dash-Camera-Cam-Recorder-DVR-32GB-/270789941608?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3f0c569968

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

JMSE wrote: »

And at 40 seconds when she realises 'Ah sh!t'.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,325 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Could also be titled fake dash cam saves your ass much cheaper

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Veloce

Does anyone know of any incidents like this happening here in the ROI?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Veloce wrote: »

There is a thread quite a while back of it happening in Dublin, can't find it at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

I wonder if videos like this are virals made by companies selling the cams. What's the point of the scam? Do they claim for whiplash ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭kupus

Saab Ed wrote: »

The saddest thing about that statement is that its true.

Court will mean nothing to the beemer driver, as more than likely she IS a sitting judge.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,812 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Veloce wrote: »

Brake test

• Registered Users Posts: 8,235 ✭✭✭BrianD3

mmcn90 wrote: »
    There is a thread quite a while back of it happening in Dublin, can't find it at the moment.
    Is this it, audio recording not video though.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056261545

I've seen a lot of idotic driving of late and it scares me what people do.

I've also being toying with the idea of getting a Dash Cam for some time too..... This just tipped me over the edge.

Ebayed one just there for 30 quid delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Evolving

Which one did you go for MugMugs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

:D can someone post a link to the o'l youtube vid ta

Evolving wrote: »
    Which one did you go for MugMugs?

This is the one I bought. On mobile so sorry for the link.

http://wap.ebay.ie/Member/G/ViewItem.aspx?aid=270882864278&tid=850157146017&emvAD=320x473&emvcc=0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

BrianD3 wrote: »
    mmcn90 wrote: »
    Is this it, audio recording not video though.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056261545

I think thats a different one, not sure though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement