Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Lebowskifest Dublin

Options
  • 17-10-2010 4:52pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭

I'm thinking of organising a lebowski fest in Dublin.

What is a Lebowskifest? It's a celebration of the greatest bowling movie of all time The Big Lebowski.

http://lebowskifest.com/

I was thinking of a bowling in costume, followed by a screening of the movie, with some white Russians.

I'd like to know what bowling alley people think I should go for (Dublin based).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

fghgj wrote: »
    If I had to summarizeBuy WOW Gold healing styles in each major expansion, it

would go something like this: Classic More talking than actualWOW Gold

healing. On Chrommagus, for example, there was a point in time when 40 minutes were spent planning out

which healer was standing where, regenerating when and healing who. Then 20 minutes were spent on the

RuneScape Gold actual kill. The Burning Crusade Multiple ranks of

different spells. Champion healers defined by ability to maintain raid integrity while using their mana pool

at a reasonable rate. More time spent farming herbsLotro Gold for mana

potions than actual raiding.

SHUT THE **** UP DONNY.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭Di0genes

The-Rigger wrote: »
    SHUT THE **** UP DONNY.

What the hell dude?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

It's a line from the movie...

In terms of where to go. What about Stillorgan. If you don't want to do Leisureplex then Superdome (XL Bowl) in Palmerstown is a good choice.

r3nu4l wrote: »
    It's a line from the movie...

In terms of where to go. What about Stillorgan. If you don't want to do Leisureplex then Superdome (XL Bowl) in Palmerstown is a good choice.

I prefer Dundrum. i'll need to get my act together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 itchy_sack

I bowl in Dundrum. Your theme seems a little off. Do you mean dress as people from the film? is there like only about 3 main characters and the chinese. I dont think ive ever seen any chinese bowling. I maybe wrong.
    To sum up. I dont like this idea. I better not see ye there dressed like fools.

• Advertisement

itchy_sack wrote: »
    I bowl in Dundrum. Your theme seems a little off. Do you mean dress as people from the film? is there like only about 3 main characters and the chinese. I dont think ive ever seen any chinese bowling. I maybe wrong.

What film did you watch?

Maude Lebowski? Bunny Lebowski? The Dude? Donnie? Walter? The Nihilists? Jesus? The Cowboy?
    To sum up. I dont like this idea. I better not see ye there dressed like fools.

Wow, threatened by a bowler.

Why do I think you're going to be like this

The Dude
    : Walter, ya know, it's Smokey, so his toe slipped over the line a little, big deal. It's just a game, man.

Walter Sobchak
    : Dude, this is a league game, this determines who enters the next round robin. Am I wrong? Am I wrong?

Smokey
    : Yeah, but I wasn't over. Gimme the marker Dude, I'm marking it 8.

Walter Sobchak
    : I]pulls out a gun[/I Smokey, my friend, you are entering a world of pain.

The Dude
    : Walter...

Walter Sobchak
    : You mark that frame an 8, and you're entering a world of pain.

Smokey
    : I'm not...

Walter Sobchak
    : A world of pain.

Smokey
    : Dude, he's your partner...

Walter Sobchak
    : I]shouting[/I Has the whole world gone crazy? Am I the only one around here who gives a **** about the rules? Mark it zero!

The Dude
    : They're calling the cops, put the piece away.

Walter Sobchak
    : Mark it zero!
    I]points gun in Smokey's face[/I

The Dude
    : Walter...

Walter Sobchak
    : I]shouting[/I You think I'm ****ing around here? Mark it zero!

Smokey
    : All right, it's ****ing zero. Are you happy, you crazy ****?

Walter Sobchak: ...It's a league game, Smokey.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Careful now...down with this sort of thing!

Play nice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

SHUT THE **** UP DONNY.

This aggression will not stand maan :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

I thought the bowling scenes were great but the film overall was absolute crap. I tried to watch it 3 times and never got to the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Irishmaster

Kingpin is still my favourite bowling film! Bill Murray is awesome in it like most of his movies! :)

• Advertisement

I don't roll on Saturday.

I don't roll on Saturday.

It's I don't role on Shabbat!

Di0genes wrote: »
    It's I don't role on Shabbat!

Shabbos.

Advertisement