Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Something to do...

Options
  • 28-11-2013 7:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Hi all,

I'm looking for a few suggestions on clubs / societies / groups etc to join in Cavan town. I'm not great at sport (a bit of an understatement) but I would love to a social outlet that isn't just the pub. My work schedule is a bit all over the place so I don't want to join a team and then let them down because of work. Even something once or twice a month would be good.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Tinkerbell4484

Bedhead wrote: »
    Hi all,

I'm looking for a few suggestions on clubs / societies / groups etc to join in Cavan town. I'm not great at sport (a bit of an understatement) but I would love to a social outlet that isn't just the pub. My work schedule is a bit all over the place so I don't want to join a team and then let them down because of work. Even something once or twice a month would be good.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

In Cavan town?? Not a lot happening really. What about gun clubs? Plenty of them around. Fitness groups? Like mission slim possible or better fit

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Well,

There is Cavan Comets Baseball Team. Always looking for new members and its not gonna take up a lot of your time.
    There is Grappling/Boxing clubs.
    Plenty of clubs that help out in the old folks homes.
    There is a ton of walking clubs.
    Cycling clubs in BJD and Cavan town too.
    THere is that out doors and dirty place that has some clubs/groups attached to it.

I'm not a member of any of them but see them a lot mentioned in the Celt etc. I also say that there is a drinking aspect to some of them after events/games but sure what can ya do!

Advertisement