Mayo GAA Discussion Thread - Page 574 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

07-05-2015, 01:54   #8596
51longago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syferus View Post
Pressure? It ain't us going for five in a row and who would have a home Conancht final if we got there.

For H&C it's AI or bust, everyone in Ireland knew it when they were appointed. So no pressure or anything, Rawhead. And low-key.. haha. Good luck on that one.

Vast majority of Mayo supporters think we will not be in an asses roar of all Ireland final day this year...so ai or bust for the two lads is just a nonsense.

Low key " haha" you say , sorry to disappoint but that's all it is this year , very low key, no expectations. For the first time in a while it's all about Roscommon and Galway to a lesser degree. It's so low key I think for the first time in my lifetime Galway will outnumber the Mayo support and boy god your lot will if we did pull off a win in salthill.
Advertisement
07-05-2015, 17:27   #8597
blowitupref

It might change in the years ahead but as of now Mayo are the only All Ireland contender in Connacht and are odds on to win another provincial title this July. When James Horan was appointed Mayo manager in Autumn 2010 expectations were low the county were at a crossroads and if London had held on to win in 2011 who knows where Mayo seniors would stand now?

Mayo went from strength after Horans first season he has raised the bar very high and expectations now is winning another Connacht title and reach All Ireland semi final at least. For new management that is pressure but its pressure that I expect an experienced and seasoned Mayo panel to handle this summer.
Thanks from:
07-05-2015, 20:25   #8598
km79

http://www.the42.ie/mayo-cillian-oco...90225-May2015/
could be a short summer.......
Thanks from:
07-05-2015, 21:46   #8599
51longago

Just better off if we accepted its a practice year at this stage , blood as many of the inexperienced players as possible.Defeat in salt hill no biggy, a good game or two in the qualifiers and a good rest till training resumes for 2016 league campaign .
08-05-2015, 09:23   #8600
ColeTrain

Quote:
Originally Posted by km79 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 51longago View Post
Just better off if we accepted its a practice year at this stage , blood as many of the inexperienced players as possible.Defeat in salt hill no biggy, a good game or two in the qualifiers and a good rest till training resumes for 2016 league campaign .

While we aren't as hopeful coming into this campaign, as we have been in the last few, it's well worth noting that the squad is still intact. It was only last August that we could have and should have reached an All-Ireland final.

It is obvious that both Galway and Roscommon are improving, the fact is we are still favourites to win Connacht.

I think it's hard to predict where Mayo will end up this summer but I've seen enough over the last few years to believe we are capable of beating anyone on our day, and if Galway beat us June 14th they will have earned it, only five weeks away!
Advertisement
13-05-2015, 10:16   #8601
padd b1975

There's an interview with Robbie Hennelly about failure in sport coming up sometime before 12 on RTE Radio 1.
14-05-2015, 14:15   #8602
HighKing33

Quote:
Originally Posted by padd b1975 View Post
There's an interview with Robbie Hennelly about failure in sport coming up sometime before 12 on RTE Radio 1.
The Mayo football team are RTE Sport's favourite whipping boys. If I was Connelly I'd be telling my players to stay the hell away from features, particularly ones of that nature!
18-05-2015, 18:57   #8603
seligehgit

Anybody else getting that championship buzz now that we know that we have Galway waiting in the long grass as long anticipated and a trip to Salthill??
18-05-2015, 22:55   #8604
eastmayo

Quote:
Originally Posted by seligehgit View Post
Anybody else getting that championship buzz now that we know that we have Galway waiting in the long grass as long anticipated and a trip to Salthill??
Yes can't wait but is c o Connor likely to miss the game In salthill,hearing different reports
Advertisement
20-05-2015, 21:48   #8605
seligehgit

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastmayo View Post
Yes can't wait but is c o Connor likely to miss the game In salthill,hearing different reports
Checked with my source who had previously advised me he'd be back in 3 weeks at the time of talking.I had to call same individual on it!

Stated it is now very unlikely he'll be back for it,gone very quiet/hush hush.Injury appears to be quite bad,sounding ominous.
(2) thanks from:
21-05-2015, 08:58   #8606
boosabum

Cillian has had two shoulder injuries and a bad knee injury. He's still a pretty young guy so should have good healing power. Unfortuantely, rumours abound that these injuries have affected him in the sense that he is now fearful of getting injuried again and is playing within himself, unable to go 100%. It may come to pass but the mental side may be an issue considering this is an articulate smart young man who definitely sees beyond the 4 lines of a playing field
(3) thanks from:
Yesterday, 16:13   #8607
Panrich

The mood music is not good at the minute for whatever reason. Rumours seem to be persistent and negative and the injury news does not seem to be improving. I'd be worried that the changes in the backroom teams like medical etc. have not been for the better.
Yesterday, 16:47   #8608
boosabum

And Moffat as physico ?

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion