Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Moving to Virginia for work, where to live???

Options
  • 26-09-2013 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hello,

I've just got a job in Virginia and was looking for people's opinions on where to live? I'm mid 20's so would like somewhere with a it of a life/gym/sport club to pass the evenings?

Is accomodation easy to get in Virginia or would I be better off in Kells/Navan/?? and commute?

Any advice appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Grainne101

Well Virginia has plenty going on if you want to get involved, do you play GAA, indoor soccer etc? It's a small town so will take a bit of time to get to know people but people are pretty nice, a lot depends in if u move into a shared house cos that could really help! There is a gym, there's also a karate-type place (not so sure about what goes on there), Ramor United is local GAA club and there would be different things going on in their club rooms etc. The pubs can be quiet enough midweek but they will have a regular enough crowd id say so maybe try a few and see what you think! Any questions feel free to pm me! Congrats on the job btw!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Grainne101

Also not sure how hard or easy would be to get shared accommodation in Virginia, see what Daft and the Anglo Celt website says but think you'd be better to live there than say Kells but if you have friends in Navan or Kells both are easy commutes from Virginia!

Advertisement