Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Due September 2012 thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭taxus_baccata

Hi Mola, hope everything turns out well tomorrow! Sending some positive thoughts your way!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

Mola1 wrote: »
    Hey girls, I had a bit of a scare last night, I had some bleeding completley freeked so rang Now Doc and the nurse was lovely,she told me not to worry and just rest up,but it was hard to know so early on. I would have rathered gone in to get checked so il visit my own Doc on monday to be on the safe side,fingers crossed everything is ok now! x

hi mola, i was just snooping here Im due in August, i had a bleed myself 3weeks ago, i rang my gp who told me to go straight into him, i did and he them sent me down to the hospital for a scan just to be sure, had my scan and all was fine baby was jumping around was nice to see, once the bleeding has stopped you should be ok please god.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Mola1

Thanks girls! The bleeding got worse yesterday with small clots so I went straight to hospital and got a scan but unfortunatly its not good news,they could see an egg sack but no fetus,basically said it either stopped growing or my dates are wrong and to have the scan repeated next week! Then last nite I had period type bleeding so I rang gyne doctor back as I was told to,this being 6hrs later,he couldnt remember who I was so again I had to explain everything,my symptoms and what happened during the scan he even asked "what was my diagnosis". It had to be the worst experience ever as I was fairly upset anyway! And then he said its upto you if you want to come in we will take a look at you.. The bleeding eased so far but that happened for awhile yesterday too so who knows,im left feeling as if I'm just "another patient" to them :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Squiggler

Mola1, you poor thing. What an awful situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭jeeney

Mola,
    I'm so sorry to hear what you're going through. And the treatment you're receiving at the hands of that gynae is absolutely disgusting. I would go back into the hosp and demand to be seen (preferably by a different gynae if at all poss) if it gets worse for you again.
    Take care

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Mola1

Well I went to visit my local doctor this morning,couldnt see my own doctor as there was no appointments but she basically said that there isisnt much hope and if the bleeding gets too heavy to go to hosp but otherwise rest at home,i would never wish this on anyone! Hopefully il be back on the boards in future with better news.. Best of luck with the rest of your pregnancies girls :)

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭elaney

so sorry Mola.
    I know what you are going through. I lost my first baby at eight weeks.
    I found out at twelve weeks that the baby died at eight. You need to take some time out and look after yourself. Its a horrible experience but you will get through it.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭taxus_baccata

Hi Mola,

Don't know what to say, thinking of you though and hoping for better times ahead x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭emer_b

Mola, so sorry to hear your sad news, which is being made worse by the way you were treated. Horrible situation, I hope you have the support you need at home.

On a different note, I have heard a few people mention early scans (pre 12week). Whats the story with these, are they only done in special circumstances?

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭emmabrighton

emer_b wrote: »
    Mola, so sorry to hear your sad news, which is being made worse by the way you were treated. Horrible situation, I hope you have the support you need at home.

On a different note, I have heard a few people mention early scans (pre 12week). Whats the story with these, are they only done in special circumstances?

Hi Mola, I am so sad for your loss. Take extra special care of yourself. You will be in my thoughts. x

Emer_b - my gyno was going to perform a scan the first day I went in because I had told her before hand that I was 7.5 weeks but it turned out I had miscalculated and was actually still in week 6. I would have had to pay for it myself as not covered by insurance. In the end she didnt bother and is waiting to see me at 12 weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

mola Im so sorry for you loss and what you went through in the hospital x thoughts are with you and your family

emer_b wrote: »

I had a scare this morning. I woke up in a pool of blood, expecting the worst i went to my gyno but when she did the scan she saw a strong heartbeat. I am 7.5 weeks. She couldn't explain where the bleed is coming from, told me to stay on bed rest and gave me progestrone to take. She thinks i might have miscarriage a twin.

It is very risky still that i might miscarry but for now there is an embryo.

It was so wonderful to see a heartbeat, i hope my little bean stays put.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭mrsWhippy

Mola, so sorry to hear your news.

Emmabrighton, fingers crossed the little bean sticks, that must have been a very frightening experience for you :( A strong heartbeat is a great sign though, so try stay positive.

Sorry to hear that Emmabrighton.

Fingers crossed you and your little bean will be fine. Take it easy.

Thanks for the kind words. The bleeding is much less but is still there. It would make me feel better if it just stopped.

I felt so bad telling work that I had to go on bed rest for the next few days as I am just back to work a couple of days after being out for a month for depression.

My poor boss was incredulous especially because at 7 weeks, he didnt even know so got a double whammy of - im pregnant, but now need to bunk off work for bed rest because of blood loss.

He put his head in his hands and begged me not to give him any more news. I couldn't stop laughing. Which, I am sure is not a good thing for helping baba to stay put.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Queen of Sheebs

I'm a little over 6 weeks pregnant on my second. I'm due the 29th of september. I have a 7 month old at the month and to say i'm scared of how hard its going to be is an understatement but so excited too! Last week I fainted and had some sort of fit so was in hospital to see what happened and to check that baby is ok. Had a scan but because it was so early they could only see the sac. I've no major symptoms so freaking out worrying if everything is ok. Have to go back in 2 weeks for another scan. Had a really bad dizzy spell again this morning and my arms started shaking again. Feel fine since. Just hope all is well with the baby. Best wishes to everyone.

How is everyone doing? emmabrighton and queen of sheebs, hope you're both ok.

8 weeks now. Wish I hadn't found out so early that I was pregnant, already feels like forever and even getting past 12 weeks won't allow me to breathe any easier after what happened last time.

Looking forward to not feeling tired, nauseous and achey all the time though.

Hope you're all keeping and feeling well.

Hi Squiggler, I am doing fine - I think - but won't really know until the 12 week scan. Nausea has all but vanished - though still cant bare stomaching the pregnacare vitamens in the morning so have moved to late into the evening thanks to a tip I picked up here. My poor OH is having a hard time of things as of last week I am strictly off limits :p.

Had a bit of a downer last Saturday when my mother decided to announce to my siblings that I was pregnant. I am so upset at that, I could kill her!

I know it sounds childish but I really wanted to do it in my own time, in person. I haven't spoken to her since. I am going to have to but right now I am just so hurt.

emmabrighton, glad to hear you're feeling a bit better, make sure you take good care of yourself.

I can totally understand your feelings about your Mum spreading your news around, that would annoy me too, which is why we're not telling anyone at the moment. I know that the Mums wouldn't be able to keep it to themselves, even if we told them to. So, for them, that means that they don't find out until we're ready to have the whole world know ;) They've only themselves to blame.

Last time we didn't tell them until after 12 weeks. My husband has suggested that this time we don't tell them until the baby is a year old! That might work with his family in the US, but I think my family might notice something. :D

Ha ha squiggler, that made me laugh about not telling family til the kid is a year old!

Emmabrighton - I can totally understand too. You really have to be ready to tell people. Of course I was different - I couldn't keep it in past 6 weeks & told my folks. Just told siblings over the last few days. If one found out the other knew before them, they'd be giving out. Cant keep anyone happy in my family & I even had my dad wonder when he could announce to all...Argggh...! I'm only eight+ weeks.
    Glad to hear you're a bit better emma. Fingers crossed things stay good.

Queen of sheebs - any update? How u feeling?

I'm having a bit of dizziness lately if I get up too quickly or rush about in a hurry. I did have bad nausea but it seems to be fading a bit now. Still there a bit, but not as bad as it was.... Hoping that this isnt a bad sign. Maybe im just going through a stage of it easing off for a while. Anyone else experience that?

• Advertisement

jeeney, last pregnancy I had hardly any nausea and all early symptoms (tiredness, lack of energy, aches and pains, general feeling of mehness, boob tenderness etc.) were gone by 11 weeks. I'd say they're probably just easing off for you. When they're gone, for about three months, you'll be in the fun and easy part where you can feel baby moving, have lots of energy and aren't big enough to be really uncomfortable yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭MintyDoris

@Squiggler - I feel exactly the same about finding out so early. It seems like forever since we found out.

I'm around about 8 weeks now and told my parents and brothers and sisters over the phone last night as they all live abroad. My mother asked when I was due, my dad gave me the thumbs up, my brother asked if I had any names picked out and only my sister said Congratulations. I had kind of expected that but I would have liked to have been proved wrong. Just once I would have liked them to be pleased for me

Glad to hear everyone is feeling ok. Can't wait to see the back of this morning sickness

Squiggler wrote: »
    jeeney, last pregnancy I had hardly any nausea and all early symptoms (tiredness, lack of energy, aches and pains, general feeling of mehness, boob tenderness etc.) were gone by 11 weeks. I'd say they're probably just easing off for you. When they're gone, for about three months, you'll be in the fun and easy part where you can feel baby moving, have lots of energy and aren't big enough to be really uncomfortable yet.

Thanks for that squigs. That's reassuring. This is my second pregnancy, so I guess I'm just comparing it to the last. I had nausea right up to 17 weeks the last time. But perhaps it is just easing off or I'm just having a particularly easy few days this week!:D And yes, I'm looking forward to the stage where I can feels babs and still not be the size of a house!

Mintydoris
    ...."My mother asked when I was due, my dad gave me the thumbs up, my brother asked if I had any names picked out and only my sister said Congratulations. I had kind of expected that but I would have liked to have been proved wrong. Just once I would have liked them to be pleased for me"....

These comments sound all positive to me! People have different ways of reacting. Not everyone said congrats to me right off - only me mam and sis actually. So i think it's a female thing! And my father-in-law just smiled and said nothing. So each to their own. Take these comments as complimentary! They are happy for you!

Yeah Squiggler it really feels so far away. I didnt find out till i was eight weeks the last time as i had only had my m/c and i thought it would take a while to get back to normal.

Queen of sheebs hope all is going well for you. I know of a coleague of my husbands whose wife had the same problem as you she is six months now. And all is fine.

My morning sickness is bearable seems to be worse every second day. Can't wait untill i hear the heartbeat or see the baby on the screen.:)

Hi ladies, I'm in full flow of morning sickness....all day, every day! No vomiting just constant nausea. I've had a lot of dizzy spells too and feel as weak as water today. The next 5 weeks are going to drag! I've my scan next tuesday so fingers crossed that everything is ok. Hope you're all doing well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Promac

Hi ladies - expectant first-time dad here and we just discovered it's twins (fraternal). Due on the 14th of September :) We only decided to start trying in December and hit a double-whammy on one of the first goes!

Over the moon about it all to be honest! Had our first scan yesterday and all's well.

My wife seems to be having it quite easy as she's still not getting any real nausea. I'm sure she'll suffer enough later though :)

This is what they look like for anyone interested:

6880072917_0e292f7aea_z.jpg

Congratulations! Very exciting times ahead. enjoy.

Congratulations to you and your wife Promac. Great news! Hope that the pregnancy will go well for you all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭emer_b

All going well here so far. Could sleep for Ireland, and I do most days when I can! Only a little nausea thank god, that was my worst fear. My job doesn't allow me to run to the toilet at short notice so I'm hoping it wont get any worse.
    Question for those of you that have had babies before: I'm living between Limerick and Galway, slightly closer to Limerick but could go either way. Anyone have any experiences in Galway? Pretty much everyone I know has gone to Limerick but I want to consider them both.
    Also, just read above that some scans are being cut back for public patients. I have my 12 week appointment scheduled and am just assuming I will get a scan, is this not always the case?

• Advertisement

I had my son in Galway and can't speak highly enough of the care i received. I was in at 24 weeks at about 11 in the night for reduced movements and they were so kind and thorough. I was overdue and schedualed for an induction and again was admitted for 3 nights for reduced movements. They were again so kind and cautious. The second night after ds was born...i was exhausted and the midwives took him from 10 until 6 so i could sleep!! They were so busy yet very helpful. I was a private patient but don't think that made a difference. Good luck with your decision

Advertisement