Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Wow @ Games on Demand

• 28-06-2011 11:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

I just saw that Black Ops is up there for 70 euro. Really? I knew GoD was bad but not this much. Even worse that it's the most downloaded game currently. Do people know how much they're being ripped off?

EDIT: Also I just compared a few others. Laughably but not surprisingly, MW2 is out for 50 euro but RDR is out for 30? I'm starting to see a trend here..... :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Halo reach was 69.99 last I checked and was in need of a laugh :D

Really wish they would slash some of the prices on old games and put them up on deal of the week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

being most downloaded doesnt say much at those prices. probably has 3 or 4 downloads

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

It's stupid of them to keep the prices at the RRP for such a long time. It turns people ever using the service if they know the games can be gotten cheaper elsewhere.

Surely they would sell more if they, say knocked a tenner off of it every 6 months or so, to make them seem like they are priced competitively. I'm sure they are reluctant to do that though since they get a much larger slice of the pie, what with reduced costs of manufacturing etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,319 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

The pricing structure is mental. I bought Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood from it a couple of months back for €30, but that's the only worthwhile price I've ever seen.

A deal of the week/sale section is essential.

Advertisement