Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

* Ryanair * Ryanair * Ryanair *

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,230 ✭✭✭joeysoap

jaymcg91 wrote: »
    I swear if I ran an airline I'd ban ******* reclining seats.

Couldn't help but notice that on two recent flights on A/L nobody reclined their seats in front of me or in the seats opposite. I put it down to Ryanair 'educating' passengers on proper passenger etiquette :)

I think it's called 'wet leasing'. A/L have 4 aircraft wet leased to Virgin on their London /Scottish routes.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

http://www.ryanair.com/ie/questions/24-hour-minor-booking-errrors/

You are supposed to contact a call centre to arrange this, you having booked a 2nd flight already may not be facilitated but no harm in calling to ask nicely (other than the call cost that is!)

The refund of the €200 went through last night, very painless process, I'm not sure how much the phone call cost, but I used my work phone so that won't affect me :)

Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

joeysoap wrote: »
    Couldn't help but notice that on two recent flights on A/L nobody reclined their seats in front of me or in the seats opposite. I put it down to Ryanair 'educating' passengers on proper passenger etiquette :)

I think it's called 'wet leasing'. A/L have 4 aircraft wet leased to Virgin on their London /Scottish routes.

If Ryanair provide their own crew then I think thats called a Damp lease :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

jaymcg91 wrote: »
    I swear if I ran an airline I'd ban ******* reclining seats.

On short haul flights at least. No need for them there. On long haul flights, I'd install a remote control switch so they could only be reclined after meals/light dimming or the like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 maireeileen

Thanks to Ryanair!
    I entered my name in english when booking a flight but 1st page on my passport is 'as Gaeilge'
    . Contacted Ryanair by email within the 24 hour grace period and hey presto they changed it without any fanfare ....and (without any fee)
    Way to go Ryanair !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Right Turn Clyde

Thanks to Ryanair!
    I entered my name in english when booking a flight but 1st page on my passport is 'as Gaeilge'
    . Contacted Ryanair by email within the 24 hour grace period and hey presto they changed it without any fanfare ....and (without any fee)
    Way to go Ryanair !

You set up an account to post this? Nice try, Michael. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭WhyTheFace

Hi,
    Sorry if this has been asked a load of times in the past but I'm interested to know what the official line is since they relaxed some of their policies.

I have to go to a wedding abroad and was wondering what I can do with my suit. Can I have the suit separate to my carry on bag or does it have to be squashed into my carry on bag?

I phoned Ryanair twice today but they seemed clueless and gave me a very confusing reply each time.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

WhyTheFace wrote: »
    Hi,
    Sorry if this has been asked a load of times in the past but I'm interested to know what the official line is since they relaxed some of their policies.

I have to go to a wedding abroad and was wondering what I can do with my suit. Can I have the suit separate to my carry on bag or does it have to be squashed into my carry on bag?

I phoned Ryanair twice today but they seemed clueless and gave me a very confusing reply each time.

Thanks!
    I don't know policy but I suspect regulations mean that all cabin baggage will have to go into the overhead bins or under the seat so there's a good chance your suit will get squashed anyway. Might be safer to wear it onto the flight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ Enzo Dirty Stance

Hi,

Thanks!

Folded correctly a suit will be fine. I have done it several times. A cotton suit would need pressing but all others, if properly handled should be OK.

• Advertisement

Folded correctly a suit will be fine. I have done it several times. A cotton suit would need pressing but all others, if properly handled should be OK.

Hi, sorry. Just to be clear. If I zip it up so it is folded in half and perhaps have it sitting on top of my carry on bag, they won't have a problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I've had to travel to the UK for a few weddings recently. I find the easiest thing to do is just wear the suit on the flight.
    Hi, sorry. Just to be clear. If I zip it up so it is folded in half and perhaps have it sitting on top of my carry on bag, they won't have a problem?

I'm certain that they will have a problem with that as they'd count it as two items of hand luggage (tbh I'd count it as two items of hand luggage).

If you don't want to wear it and are only going to take hand luggage I think you'll need to fold it so that it fits in your hand luggage.

You aren't going to want to gamble on whether you can or can't take your suit with you. If you're in doubt then call Ryanair.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Doesn't matter what airline, the best way to carry a suit is to wear it.

Perfect!

Will wear it.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Hi,

Thanks!

You can bring two items of hand luggage onto Ryanair flights.
    A suit will be no problem.

If necessary it'll fit into the box in front (doubt they'll ask, never did for me anyway)

IMG_20131211_183959926.jpg

Did myself a few times.

You can bring two items of hand luggage onto Ryanair flights.
    A suit will be no problem.

If necessary it'll fit into the box in front (doubt they'll ask, never did for me anyway)

IMG_20131211_183959926.jpg

Did myself a few times.

Brilliant stuff Keith!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Yeah they dont seem to check much anymore, i was going to iniza and brought a carry on and a backpack much bigger than that and i wasnt even asked!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,230 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Only the first 90 are guaranteed to get taking carryon luggage on board now. You will have a seat allocation anyway so maybe purchase priority boarding for €2 to make the first 90?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Successfully got a refund off Ryanair there. Had booked the wrong date for a return flight, copped on straight away but the call centre was closed so I booked the correct flight 4 minutes later. Rang them up today and they said they don't do refunds but the fella looked at my account and saw that I'd booked the new flight straight away and agreed to refund the incorrect one. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 47 Hidden Cyclone

irish_goat wrote: »
    Successfully got a refund off Ryanair there. Had booked the wrong date for a return flight, copped on straight away but the call centre was closed so I booked the correct flight 4 minutes later. Rang them up today and they said they don't do refunds but the fella looked at my account and saw that I'd booked the new flight straight away and agreed to refund the incorrect one. :)

Wow! surely wouldn't have happened in the "bad old days"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Clauric

I have a quick question about Ryanair. I'm meant travel on holidays later this week. One of the party, who is part of the booking, has said that they can't travel.

Does anybody know if we can still travel without contacting Ryanair, or do I need to contact them? Also. anybody know if I can cancel their portion of the ticket without cancelling the rest of the parties travelling?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

The rest of you can travel regardless. There is no point cancelling as you don't get anything back.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭brownacid

You don't have to do anything, so long as he he doesn't check in/go through the security gates it shouldn't affect the flight at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭kbell

I wouldn't try and cancell his part of the travel incase something went wrong and screwed up the rest of your party.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Five Lamps

Contact them - it's the new friendly airline!

Could the person travel at a later time? They might be able to do that for a few quid extra.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

has anyone used Paypal to pay for a flight with them yet?
    do they charge any fee for using that payment option?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Clauric wrote: »
    I have a quick question about Ryanair. I'm meant travel on holidays later this week. One of the party, who is part of the booking, has said that they can't travel.

Does anybody know if we can still travel without contacting Ryanair, or do I need to contact them? Also. anybody know if I can cancel their portion of the ticket without cancelling the rest of the parties travelling?

You get nothing by cancelling. You can get the tax back on it afterwards if one doesn't travel- most don't bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

has anyone used Paypal to pay for a flight with them yet?
    do they charge any fee for using that payment option?

It's quoted as soon as you choose a flight - it's the same price as using a credit card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

http://blog.aerlingus.com/blog/2014/09/02/new-route-to-leeds-bradford

Not FR related but I'm a happy man after seeing this for those who travel regularly to Leeds Bradford ,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭kiteman

We flew Ryanair to barcelona late april 2014, and the difference is fantastic. 4 of us had a carry on case and a good size backpack each.
    Our cases went into the hold, free of charge and they were on the carousel within minutes of entering the arrivals hall.
    Yes Ryanair were perceived (and most times deservedly so) as the bad boys of the aviation world, but their new approach to customers is excellent.
    Long may it continue.

Advertisement