Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sonisphere UK Headliners Announced Tomorrow

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Good stuff, yeah, I'll go to that....fantastic

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Do Sonisphere UK do day tickets?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Could the Special Guests for Kiss be Motley Crue?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Gonna be the first year I'm not going to Sonisphere. Damn shame, loved the last 3 years of the festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,110 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Nailz wrote: »
    Do Sonisphere UK do day tickets?

Think they are this year. From the start. If so, a Sunday day ticket will be needed. FNM, Incubus, Mastodon doing The Hunter in full:eek:, Andrew WK, Cypress Hill...great day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭hellyeah

Good stuff, yeah, I'll go to that....fantastic

was not trying to be smart there. Was at soni last year and had a blast.
    Download line up suits me better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

Very disappointing except for the Sunday

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

No sign of Skindred either... They always play Sonisphere!

Also confirmed are Within Temptation only UK show of 2012, Evanescence only UK show of 2012, , Incubus - only UK show of 2012, Marilyn Manson only UK show of 2012, Andrew WK - only UK festival show of 2012, Refused - only UK show of 2012, and Mastodon only UK festival show of 2012, THE BLACKOUT and more. Musician/comedian Tim Minchin will headline the Saturday night on Saturn.

Nowhere near enough fuss for Mastodon playing The Hunter!

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

I'm heading to Sonisphere in Madrid - hope more of the bands do a bit of a crossover (FNM and Incubus please!)

FNM did Spain 2 years ago. Spain definately has a better line up

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

portrait-800.jpg

hmmm out of that list, Mastodon, FNM, Gojira and Kiss would really interest me. Maybe Incubus Manson and Wolfmother.

Download, overall, seems to be the better lineup. Dont really get what the wait was for.

D.Q wrote: »
    Dont really get what the wait was for.

Probably waiting for KISS and Queen to confirm, especially since Roger Taylor had stated last year that he believed Queen were done touring in any capacity and wouldn't do anything like this again
    hellyeah wrote: »
    was not trying to be smart there. Was at soni last year and had a blast.
    Download line up suits me better.

I'm not being smart either, love this line up
    Could the Special Guests for Kiss be Motley Crue?

YES. YES. YES.

MAKE IT HAPPEN.....WHERE'S THE PHONE.... DIALING NOW....

Nea wrote: »
    FNM did Spain 2 years ago. Spain definately has a better line up

If you haven't bought your ticket yet then I would REALLY read this

http://sonisphere.co.uk/news/tourist-offer-returns/

Could work out really well if you have the time

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Fi H

Deffo a good offer! I did the poland trip year before last and it was definitely worth travelling :) I think the lineup is weaker than other years but this is a good thing...got very hectic running between stages not wanting to miss anything, will have time for beer this year.dont think the adam lambert thing matters, at the end of the day you wont hear the singer over the crowd for any of the hits.
    I know its cheeky to ask but if anyone is thinking of buying tickets I would really appreciate if you could use my fmc code....its like tesco points, the more people use it I get posters and stuff....ultimately if enough people do I could get a free ticket. The code is 1k992916 thereshould be a space to plug it in when checking out if yee are buying through the soni site. Anyway no worries if not :) just thought I would ask....posters have been really good the last few years!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

Mushy wrote: »
    Nowhere near enough fuss for Mastodon playing The Hunter!

I thought that myself and also wondered why the hell they are billed below the likes of Marilyn Manson. Some things i'll never understand.

YES. YES. YES.

MAKE IT HAPPEN.....WHERE'S THE PHONE.... DIALING NOW....

Think i might have bad news for ya Motley

SONISPHERE.jpg

SONISPHERE.jpg

Is that actually confirmed?

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Fi H

Not on the sonis page, dont know wherd skid row has come from

• Advertisement

Mushy wrote: »
    Is that actually confirmed?

I think it was on some FNM blog page or something . I got it off the efestivals page

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

If you haven't bought your ticket yet then I would REALLY read this

http://sonisphere.co.uk/news/tourist-offer-returns/

Could work out really well if you have the time

:eek: If any of you are getting weekend tickets, could I rob yer booking reference for tickets for Madrid? PLEEEEASE?

jenizzle wrote: »
    :eek: If any of you are getting weekend tickets, could I rob yer booking reference for tickets for Madrid? PLEEEEASE?

I'd like seconds on that please....if anyone is so kind to help out Jenizzle and then another person would kindly wish to help me out as well:D

I don't think that's true....I'd be very hard pressed to believe (especially without Sebastian Bach) that Skid Row would be second billing under KISS at a UK festival...I'd actually love if it happened, ThickSkin was one of my favorite albums the year it came out....but, no, this seems too unrealistic...besides a lot of people really hate Skid Row for some reason and were very critical of KISS for taking them on as special guests on that Cruise festival they did...

I won't be greedy - Queen, Faith No More, Ghost...I'm happy

And with Fear Factory at Download and Iced Earth/Sepultura at Bloodstock it's going to be a good Summer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

I'm glad it's finally announced. It's not a terrible line-up, some of those bands are pretty big. But like this is probably the least popular bands like incubus and manson have ever been?

I'll give it a miss anyway and try and hit both hevy and bloodstock :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

portrait-800.jpg

what the.. hucklebuck is going on with Marilyn Mansons new logo

MM in hetrosexual shocker? MM reinvents himself as a mans man?! I hope AWK drops by these shores. Not seen him live

LH Pathe wrote: »
    what the.. hucklebuck is going on with Marilyn Mansons new logo

MM in hetrosexual shocker? MM reinvents himself as a mans man?! I hope AWK drops by these shores. Not seen him live

AWK is playing the Academy in April, playing I Get Wet in full.

With The Darkness on the Main Stage will Evanescence do 2nd stage headliners?

I might do Sunday, bands arent worth the admission price for the whole weekend imo.
    Hopefully DME will get Ghost over here around that time.

Soundgarden are the main band I want to see this summer, I wont do Download as its the night of the Ireland match and I would say CC will do his Songbook tour here rather than SG playing here. Decisions Decisions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,835 ✭✭✭RayCon

Nea wrote: »
    Hopefully DME will get Ghost over here around that time.

This X 1000000000000000 ... it needs to happen.:cool:

Advertisement