Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ideas for Economics Project

• 06-11-2014 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hey guys,

Just thought I'd rack your brains if you don't mind on an interesting Economics topic that I will be doing in a few weeks.

Basically I have an assignment where I'll be taking a raw data set (of my choice) and analysing it and giving an economic interpretation of it.

The topic can be pretty much anything, so I could look at the effects of medical cards on costs to health service or corporate tax rates on FDI or whatever....pretty much anything.

Those were two ideas I was bouncing around, but I suppose my two issues would be how to get a good data set and how to interpret it through regressions etc. (the programme we will be using is stata).

Just wondering if you guys have any ideas on a topic that would be interesting to study or suggestions on interpretation of some data sets or even some good sources of raw data that I could then use to come up with a topic to study?

Again, this is a very open project that I could do more or less anything on.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

I recommend the 'general social survey' dataset (google it). It has lots of variables and observations, just reading through what's there should give you a few ideas.

Advertisement